Hurricane Sandy

Mostly dank memes.

Moderator: mogers

Polak
Clans: online thunder

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by Polak » November 2012

From what I'm getting:

West coast would rather have a two week warning of a hurricane than a random and deadly 10-30 second earthquake. I get that, because you can completely get out of the way of the hurricane.

You know, not going to work for a week or so, taking your whole family and all your important belongings and driving far away, that's the smart thing to do. That's what NJ and NY residents should of done. They shouldn't of stayed at home knowing how crazy nature is.

If everyone would get up and leave at the same time with this sense of thought then you would of had a gridlock of traffic, then all these people trying to leave would be caught just in their cars. The safest thing you are supposed to do during a hurricane is to stay at home when you are not in an evac zone. Here read this; http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes

The main thing that pisses me of is when you have Sean saying
I'm sure life has sucked for those affected by the storm, but I've enjoyed the past 2 days off work due to Wall Street being closed. The weather here in Cali has been nice~

Like really? Do I really have to ramble on how inhumane that is?

I would never want a 10-30 second earthquake, but comparing a freak of nature hurricane to a crazy earthquake are two different things. Apples and oranges. I wouldn't argue which is worse or better or preferred because it makes all of you retarded.

scorch-
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod

Post by scorch- » November 2012

Polak wrote:From what I'm getting:

West coast would rather have a two week warning of a hurricane than a random and deadly 10-30 second earthquake. I get that, because you can completely get out of the way of the hurricane.

You know, not going to work for a week or so, taking your whole family and all your important belongings and driving far away, that's the smart thing to do. That's what NJ and NY residents should of done. They shouldn't of stayed at home knowing how crazy nature is.

If everyone would get up and leave at the same time with this sense of thought then you would of had a gridlock of traffic, then all these people trying to leave would be caught just in their cars. The safest thing you are supposed to do during a hurricane is to stay at home when you are not in an evac zone. Here read this; http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes

The main thing that pisses me of is when you have Sean saying
I'm sure life has sucked for those affected by the storm, but I've enjoyed the past 2 days off work due to Wall Street being closed. The weather here in Cali has been nice~

Like really? Do I really have to ramble on how inhumane that is?

I would never want a 10-30 second earthquake, but comparing a freak of nature hurricane to a crazy earthquake are two different things. Apples and oranges. I wouldn't argue which is worse or better or preferred because it makes all of you retarded.

I'm trying to decide whether this is worse or just as bad as your running advice

Polak

Pro my running advice is solid.

CPL+

james-
Donor
Clans: dTh, sAs, Elite -DI-, 3h, bootman

Post by james- » November 2012

So I take it none of you live in tornado alley?

Polak

Sigh, I can't believe I'm saying this now.

But you are retarded to me if you live in tornado ally.

james-
Donor

You realize that millions of people and several major cities are in the hot spots for tornado alley, right...? All those people must be dumb as shit.

Polak

Yep

That's why we are talking about Hurricanes and Earthquakes man, why don't you fly your way out of this conversation.

james-
Donor

Wait, so you admittedly compare apples and oranges, and when I bring in a banana you don't want to play?

k.

Polak

I'm being sarcastic James.

And yes Bananas Scare me.

Polak

As in Tornadoes, fuck that shit.

scorch-
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod

Post by scorch- » November 2012

james- wrote:You realize that millions of people and several major cities are in the hot spots for tornado alley, right...? All those people must be dumb as shit.

Wait... you're really asking whether the rest of the US thinks the people who live in the midwest are dumb? This is happening right now.

CharlieGiteau
Clans: solidworks, pUr/fp^, gddLam, TeamLess, [38th], NB

Post by CharlieGiteau » November 2012

Awww shit, I'm in a red zone.
Edit: I've been in one tornado in my lifetime. It turned houses less than a 1/4 mile away into dollhouses, I was scared shitless.

rehpyc
Clans: compLexity, LATELATELATE, THUNDER, gskiLL

Post by rehpyc » November 2012

Polak, we already get that you're retarded. You don't have to keep expressing it to us through your ideas.

And, yes, I did enjoy the nice Cali weather and paid days off work. Deal with it.

joeledmunds
Clans: -|BoH|- [STR] [mtan] x[m] NoGo h8 irawr AYEBAYBAY [^p] PENOS [c] younggunners 99 Gw/GTFC 3h

Post by joeledmunds » November 2012

People taking a conversation about a disaster as an opportunity to brag about how great the weather has been.

Yep, definitely the internet.

Mino
Clans: 9th RB

Post by Mino » November 2012

rehpyc wrote:I did enjoy the nice Cali weather and paid days off work. Deal with it.

What an incredibly douchebag thing to say, especially in a thread like this.

jaz
Clans: mia, rbc, devil and dgf

Post by jaz » November 2012

Mino wrote:
rehpyc wrote:I did enjoy the nice Cali weather and paid days off work. Deal with it.

What an incredibly douchebag thing to say, especially in a thread like this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

t`RavE
Clans: =[Vp]=, team 99, others i forgot, ( s )ttR.

Post by t`RavE » November 2012

Living in Florida for the first 20 years of my life and Cali the past few years, I wouldn't want a hurricane, forest fire, earthquake or whatever. Natural disaster suck, at least with hurricanes there's a warning, granted the Northeast isn't as readily prepared because, hell that shit doesn't happen that often. Earthquakes and forest fires are another story entirely. The damage could have been a lot worse if the wind speed was higher, people should just be thankful it wasn't worse than it could have been and move on. Plain and simple. There's no point in arguing which is worse and why.