Question for ATI users..

Mostly dank memes.

Moderator: mogers

G R I M M!!!!
Clans: -=GA=-,[B]add,DGF,WR,bth, [L.A.B]

Question for ATI users..

Post by G R I M M!!!! » January 2013

I have been experiencing issues as of late and decided to pull my Nv9800gtx.. popped in a older ati card and things are better but have some fps drops in firefights...

My question is does anyone currently run a new/newer ATI video card that can play all the new games(bf3-diablo3 etc / without shuddering problems in dod?

I tried a 5770 when they first came out and got random shuddering.. 90fps.60.90.40.90fps - put the nvidia card back in and had no issues.

Thanks!

nhoj

Re: Question for ATI users..

Post by nhoj » January 2013

I use XFX 6850 and I don't have any shuddering problems in dod.
It can also run BF3 with pretty good fps on Medium/High settings.

Miller`
Donor

Post by Miller` » January 2013

Had a 5970 that had no issues. Had issues with other games (second gpu was borked) and switched over to Nvidia.

avenger
Donor
Clans: cosa, devil, hb, ve, insg, 38th, GiMP, ptm, seclusion, dgf, romantic tragedy, [?], MVPz, SaB, NB*

Post by avenger » January 2013

i had an ati card in my laptop and had the fps drops as well, i did a bunch of shit to it to get it to be "bearable" then my laptop started overheating (not related) and went back to my old desktop with a geforce 9800gt. dod runs so smooooooooooth. my advice? buy an nvidia card, from what i understand ati cards don't handle a certain aspect of older game very well (maybe it was opengl? i cant really remember.)

mike
Clans: bTw, Legion, FLAWLESS, NastyVAG, MVPZ, angryface

Post by mike » January 2013

ATI cards don't handle OpenGL applications that well which I believe is due to issues with their drivers. Try turning the ingame video option to D3D and running the game.

G R I M M!!!!
Clans: -=GA=-,[B]add,DGF,WR,bth, [L.A.B]

Post by G R I M M!!!! » January 2013

Thanks for the info guys!

killahbeez
Clans: uL.Myth, DaNiNja

Post by killahbeez » January 2013

mike wrote:ATI cards don't handle OpenGL applications that well which I believe is due to issues with their drivers. Try turning the ingame video option to D3D and running the game.

+1

This is so true. Same thing with IL-2 1946. That game looks the best with OpenGL which Nvidia cards inherently run better. I have an ATI card and use OpenGL but it doesn't run it nearly as smooth as an Nvidia card would.

Jakimo
Clans: l2r . , Jim's|, FurY, ( s )ttR., sQ, HH, vVv

Post by Jakimo » January 2013

i have an ati hd5730 and crashes dod on d3d...

Jakimo

let me refrain, It crashed but opened again quit nicely. I have odd lines across the game here and there and the writing of names and chat is a bit outa funk but the game is clear as fuck and smooth like a babys bottom. Maybe im on to something....

aLpha.cn-[tang]
Clans: [P.L.A.], 9voLt, teamEmU, }{LoL}, Elite -DI-, NoGo

Post by aLpha.cn-[tang] » January 2013

Jakimo wrote:let me refrain, It crashed but opened again quit nicely. I have odd lines across the game here and there and the writing of names and chat is a bit outa funk but the game is clear as fuck and smooth like a babys bottom. Maybe im on to something....

To refrain is to keep yourself from doing something. Refrain, the noun, is a recurring phrase or passage (e.g. a chorus). Fuck.

Jakimo

let me recapitulate this refrainage.