Police Arrest Man for Video Recording.

Mostly dank memes.

Moderator: mogers

wintehs
Clans: pineriders, deadboLT, mafia', DaNiNjA, BuBbLeS

Re: Police Arrest Man for Video Recording.

Post by wintehs » July 2013

kirk wrote:
Sears wrote:Image

calli
Clans: EZ zOo DEATHCLAN Purple-Haze

Post by calli » July 2013

That cop cant have much dog experience. He is so scared of that dog just cause of what type of a dog it is, that it makes the dog nervous. If that cop would have showed some balls and stood up to the dog he would never have jumped him.
This is soooo sad.

Polak
Clans: online thunder

Post by Polak » July 2013

kirk wrote:
Polak wrote:Yeah the arrest was legit.

So what do you know that no one else does?

Okay so before the next witch hunt for the Hawthorne, CA, police officer begins, let's look at some of the evidence seen in the video now going viral:

The police were clearly working some sort of high profile operation. Street duty cops don't carry MP5 submachine guns on a daily basis. Something important was going on (drug bust, maybe? Or a manhunt?)

The owner of the dog was verbally antagonizing the police, going as far as to say something that commented on how come all the police were white and none were black. He's calling the cops racist when he is the only one being racist in the situation.

The owner of the dog was blasting music from his car, which is not only a violation of traffic law, but is also an impairment to the cops and their ability to communicate clearly with each other.

The police officers most likely would have told the guy plenty of times to [basically] beat it from the scene. Instead, the owner chose to stay and be buff to prove whatever moot point he was trying to make.

Eventually the owner turned to put his dog back in the car so it's safe to assume the police had told him yet again to leave. Here, we can hear the owner complain about a violation of rights. What rights he's talking about, I'm not sure. But though we have a right to be where we want to be, it's just stupid to remain at an active police scene that might not be safe.

After putting the dog back in the car, instead of leaving the owner went and approached the cops in a "COME AT ME BRO" manner. He had his chance to leave, and instead chose to stay and antagonize some more. The police DETAINED him (which is different from being arrested), and were about to put him in a squad car, most likely until the operation was over.

The dog then started barking and jumped out of the car it was in, no doubt coming to the aid of its owner. At this point, a third cop comes in to try and calm the dog down. The dog makes a few lunges at the police officer's arm as the officer tries to get a hold of the leash to control it. A final lunge that would have contacted the officers arm was made, and this is when the cop shot the dog in self defense.

Before you run to the owner's side and claim that he was not at all at fault, he had MANY opportunities to vacate the scene, but instead chose to remain. While the dog shooting was unfortunate, it could have been avoided if the owner just left. Was the shooting a necessity? Maybe not. Could the cop have drawn a taser instead? Well, what are the effects of tasers on animals? Would the shock have killed the dog anyway, seeing as tasers are primed to take down grown men as heavy as 250lbs?

Again, think about who is at fault here: an arrogant, disruptive citizen or police officers doing their job. Remember, the police didn't shoot first and ask questions later. They gave the man MANY chances to stop and leave, but he didn't. The shooting of the dog was just collateral damage caused by its owner's hubris

AND WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO I POSTED.....

Fifty
Clans: SaB BAW BIO HD

Post by Fifty » July 2013

This might sound crazy but, it seems to me that both the officer and the civilian are to blame.

kirk
Clans: feat6, aids, x[m], ptm, snowmen, NoGo, GI, 50cal, moNster, te amo, gameslaves, winnfield, koala, iwa

Post by kirk » July 2013

Polak wrote:Okay so before the next witch hunt for the Hawthorne, CA, police officer begins, let's look at some of the evidence seen in the video now going viral:

The police were clearly working some sort of high profile operation. Street duty cops don't carry MP5 submachine guns on a daily basis. Something important was going on (drug bust, maybe? Or a manhunt?)

Irrelevant.

The owner of the dog was verbally antagonizing the police, going as far as to say something that commented on how come all the police were white and none were black. He's calling the cops racist when he is the only one being racist in the situation.

Where did this happen?

The owner of the dog was blasting music from his car, which is not only a violation of traffic law, but is also an impairment to the cops and their ability to communicate clearly with each other.

At no point do we see an officer make it clear that the individual was violating a law. No officer approached the man. We cannot be certain that laws were broken OR that he was legitimately warned. That's speculation, and based on the behavior in the video, I'd lean more towards the explanation that the individual wasn't really told to turn down his radio given that no officer approached him until minutes AFTER the ordeal ended, and only when the two officers just kind of happened to notice him.

The police officers most likely would have told the guy plenty of times to [basically] beat it from the scene. Instead, the owner chose to stay and be buff to prove whatever moot point he was trying to make.

Speculation.

Eventually the owner turned to put his dog back in the car so it's safe to assume the police had told him yet again to leave. Here, we can hear the owner complain about a violation of rights. What rights he's talking about, I'm not sure. But though we have a right to be where we want to be, it's just stupid to remain at an active police scene that might not be safe.

Or maybe he put his dog in the car because police officers were coming toward him and he did not want to have to control his dog while conversing. Again, you are speculating.

After putting the dog back in the car, instead of leaving the owner went and approached the cops in a "COME AT ME BRO" manner. He had his chance to leave, and instead chose to stay and antagonize some more. The police DETAINED him (which is different from being arrested), and were about to put him in a squad car, most likely until the operation was over.

Further speculation.

Before you run to the owner's side and claim that he was not at all at fault, he had MANY opportunities to vacate the scene, but instead chose to remain.

Irrelevant. If he was not breaking any laws then why would he have to vacate? It is NOT his responsibility to vacate if he does not have a legal obligation to do so.

Again, think about who is at fault here: an arrogant, disruptive citizen or police officers doing their job. Remember, the police didn't shoot first and ask questions later. They gave the man MANY chances to stop and leave, but he didn't. The shooting of the dog was just collateral damage caused by its owner's hubris

Again, you are speculating. It seems like 90% of your opinion rests on assumptions rather than the LITTLE amount of information we can see in the video.

tenks
Clans: baffleck[dd]

Post by tenks » July 2013

wow I was going to post this because I wanted some reaction/commentary (mainly from kirk) and I got scared because I got shit for posting it on my facebook. I guess some people didn't want to see it and were mad at me for posting..(but I didn't make them press play) Anyway, looks like I was beat to it! good stuff (The conversation I mean!) terrible tragedy tho :/

check out what happened here in SD on Monday night, cray. 24 year old killed his neighbors pitbull for attacking him and his own dog.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jul ... -pit-bull/

ward
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol

Post by ward » July 2013

tenks wrote:wow I was going to post this because I wanted some reaction/commentary (mainly from kirk) and I got scared because I got shit for posting it on my facebook. I guess some people didn't want to see it and were mad at me for posting..(but I didn't make them press play) Anyway, looks like I was beat to it! good stuff (The conversation I mean!) terrible tragedy tho :/

check out what happened here in SD on Monday night, cray. 24 year old killed his neighbors pitbull for attacking him and his own dog.

Why did you edit this and remove the 1st part of the CA dog video and put a more controversial one in its place?

tenks

ward wrote:
tenks wrote:wow I was going to post this because I wanted some reaction/commentary (mainly from kirk) and I got scared because I got shit for posting it on my facebook. I guess some people didn't want to see it and were mad at me for posting..(but I didn't make them press play) Anyway, looks like I was beat to it! good stuff (The conversation I mean!) terrible tragedy tho :/

Why did you edit this and remove the 1st part of the CA dog video and put a more controversial one in its place?

I posted it before reading page 2 and 3. I realized what I posted and said had already been covered so I edited it..Is that ok?

tenks

per ward. the video I edited out and gives some context to the situation to those who didn't see the 1st video. Shows dude rolling up blasting music. This personally changed my perspective a bit. I was pulled over and ticketed for loudmusic as a 16 year old while a cop was giving someone else a traffic ticket. I dont think they said it was obstructing justice or anything, but the point is you can be pulled over for loud music, ESPECIALLY if there is an important/dangerous raid going on 30 feet away from you. It's just common sense.

I want to stay out of the debate because I'm conflicted, as I agree with points from both sides, but one thing is for certain, I definitely think this entire situation was provoked by the owner.

He did not need to tell the cops they were racist and yell at them. He could have filmed quietly like the rest of his neighbors. He had no reason to yell at the cops. None. Maybe he lived on the street the raid was on and was being blocked, still doesn't give him a reason to harass the cops that were doing there job.

Eco

Post by Eco » July 2013

I like where this thread is going

nunz
Donor
Clans: </3 LIVEVIL 38th LAB sb riseabove

Post by nunz » July 2013

Common Sense is apparently a thing of the past. Thanks Obama.

Chuck Foo
Clans: |BAM| BIO* /= /= p2o!

Post by Chuck Foo » July 2013

The humane thing to do was one more shot to the dog's head, as it was obviously in serious pain. The dog's owner got his dog killed end of story.

lolinus
Clans: Flawless
D.R.U.G.S
Gskill
#family

Post by lolinus » July 2013

The officer shooting the dog is NOT doing anything wrong. He's approaching his colleagues when the dog is on the way out of the window, looks like he's trying to calm the dog down, before the dog JUMPS at his arm and he fires his pistol. So don't blame him.

Also, the dog itself is doing what it's breed to do, protect home/family. Which it tries to do. If anyone is to blame it's the owner who might've done something to justify getting detained(and not securing the dog properly). And possibly the officers who maybe did detain him without legal cause.

I don't know/care about the legal aspect. What i do know if a dog that can bite up to 2000 psi jumps at you trying to defend his family(following instict) i sure as hell would shoot it also.

However, i do not agree to the way the dog died, it should have been shot untill it died to spare it from any pain.

Note; up to 350 pounds is the bite, a lion is on about 700 pounds.