Mostly dank memes.

Moderator: mogers

stile
Clans: dpk

It's about time *UFC spoiler*

Post by stile » July 2013

Anderson silva got ktfo

mogers
Clans: rltw, 3h, rwb, ubad, GREASY DORKS, LcM, dgf, le.

Re: It's about time *UFC spoiler*

Post by mogers » July 2013

Pretty much what is going to happen to you tomorrow night @ 9pm homie.

tenks
Clans: baffleck[dd]

Post by tenks » July 2013

i just watched. I hated it when he did this before cause if he lost he always is going to have the excuse "I never try 100% i just fooled around"

I hate to say it despite being a fan, Im so glad he finally got caught. Pathetic. So glad I didn't pay for that.

edit:

I can't get over this I'm sorry...What goes through your mind to think you're untouchable to take unguarded, free punches directly to the face from a grown man, especially a grown man who is a professional just like you. Joke of a fight, kid gets a hollow victory and Silva looks like a clown and a terrible way to go out/end a career. Stupid BRazils

crawtona
Clans: deadboLT, gg#awfulworks, careface, sadface, nihilist, ez5, zeroethics, [~]

Post by crawtona » July 2013

tenks wrote:i just watched. I hated it when he did this before cause if he lost he always is going to have the excuse "I never try 100% i just fooled around"

I hate to say it despite being a fan, Im so glad he finally got caught. Pathetic. So glad I didn't pay for that.

edit:

I can't get over this I'm sorry...What goes through your mind to think you're untouchable to take unguarded, free punches directly to the face from a grown man, especially a grown man who is a professional just like you. Joke of a fight, kid gets a hollow victory and Silva looks like a clown and a terrible way to go out/end a career. Stupid BRazils

Yea, sorry, but that was part of Silva's style. Weidman got a legitimate victory against someone who did that bullshit against pretty much everyone he fought against. Difference was, Weidman was better than the others and also didn't let the clowning bullshit get to him (at least in the second round, he was starting to in the first).

tenks

crawtona wrote:
tenks wrote:i just watched. I hated it when he did this before cause if he lost he always is going to have the excuse "I never try 100% i just fooled around"

edit:

Yea, sorry, but that was part of Silva's style. Weidman got a legitimate victory against someone who did that bullshit against pretty much everyone he fought against. Difference was, Weidman was better than the others and also didn't let the clowning bullshit get to him (at least in the second round, he was starting to in the first).

I could not disagree more with you. JOKE of a victory.

crawtona
Clans: deadboLT, gg#awfulworks, careface, sadface, nihilist, ez5, zeroethics, [~]

tenks wrote:
crawtona wrote:

edit:

I could not disagree more with you. JOKE of a victory.

So Silva fights the exact same way pretty much every other match, and his wins are not jokes. He fights that way and loses and it is a joke. Continue making excuses.

stile

mogers wrote:Pretty much what is going to happen to you tomorrow night @ 9pm homie.

Childs play/Don't care

stile

Silva got caught. That's all there is to it. Could he have won if he had decided to lay it on? Probably.

We'll see who the more dominant fighter is after Weidman defends his title.

BOA JACARE

crawtona

stile wrote:Silva got caught. That's all there is to it. Could he have won if he had decided to lay it on? Probably.

We'll see who the more dominant fighter is after Weidman defends his title.

BOA JACARE

Bingo.

kirk
Clans: feat6, aids, x[m], ptm, snowmen, NoGo, GI, 50cal, moNster, te amo, gameslaves, winnfield, koala, iwa

Post by kirk » July 2013

The title of this thread is a spoiler.

Agreed that Silva got beat fairly. He went in unprepared thinking he could clown around, and he paid for it. If he were fighting completely seriously, would it have happened? Maybe, maybe not, but that has no bearing on what happened this time.

Eco

Post by Eco » July 2013

joeledmunds
Clans: -|BoH|- [STR] [mtan] x[m] NoGo h8 irawr AYEBAYBAY [^p] PENOS [c] younggunners 99 Gw/GTFC 3h

Post by joeledmunds » July 2013

That's hilarious.

tenks

You can say the same thing over and over again, still doesn't make the fight any less of a joke. Of course it counts, of course it was a fair fight, none of that is the argument. The fight was a joke plain and simple and we will all be left wondering what could have happened if Silva ever fought 100%. Thats why its a joke.

And I hardly think the world's best MMA fighter, who trained for months for this fight, hardly went in "unprepared". His arrogance is what lost him the fight, not his preparation or lack thereof.

crawtona

kirk wrote:The title of this thread is a spoiler.

Agreed that Silva got beat fairly. He went in unprepared thinking he could clown around, and he paid for it. If he were fighting completely seriously, would it have happened? Maybe, maybe not, but that has no bearing on what happened this time.

Stop agreeing with me, it's getting scary at this point.

kirk
Clans: feat6, aids, x[m], ptm, snowmen, NoGo, GI, 50cal, moNster, te amo, gameslaves, winnfield, koala, iwa

Post by kirk » July 2013

tenks wrote:You can say the same thing over and over again, still doesn't make the fight any less of a joke. Of course it counts, of course it was a fair fight, none of that is the argument. The fight was a joke plain and simple and we will all be left wondering what could have happened if Silva ever fought 100%. Thats why its a joke.

And I hardly think the world's best MMA fighter, who trained for months for this fight, hardly went in "unprepared". His arrogance is what lost him the fight, not his preparation or lack thereof.

Just because Silva treated it like a joke doesn't necessarily mean it was a joke. He pulled that stunt with numerous fighters prior, and it never backfired. Now it did. That does say something.

Considering he purposely let his guard down for the sake of clowning around, I would say he went in unprepared, though it might just be a matter of semantics. Prepared, to me, would mean NOT doing that against someone who has a legitimate chance of knocking you down.

crawtona wrote:Stop agreeing with me, it's getting scary at this point.

Well I think it's NOT scary.

crawtona

kirk wrote:
crawtona wrote:Stop agreeing with me, it's getting scary at this point.

Well I think it's NOT scary.

Now I'm just getting all hot and bothered.

tenks

kirk wrote:Just because Silva treated it like a joke doesn't necessarily mean it was a joke. He pulled that stunt with numerous fighters prior, and it never backfired. Now it did. That does say something.

Every time he's acted that way, I thought it was joke, not just now when he lost. Every minute he spends clowning around I feel robbed of a good fight because I know what he's capable of. Win or lose.

Considering he purposely let his guard down for the sake of clowning around, I would say he went in unprepared, though it might just be a matter of semantics. Prepared, to me, would mean NOT doing that against someone who has a legitimate chance of knocking you down.

I guess it is a matter of semantics then...When I hear someone is unprepared I think of that person lacking technique, skill, stamina, strength, conditioning, game plan etc. (any or all). I guess he was unprepared to handle his own ego and arrogance. He was unprepared mentally.

nunz
Donor
Clans: </3 LIVEVIL 38th LAB sb riseabove

Post by nunz » July 2013

I dont see Silva doing this as a joke. Its a high risk high reward move. You show this cockiness to entice your opponent to open up a bit. In the past it has worked well for Silva, especially the fight against Sonnen. Luckily there will be in instant rematch, so Silva will have his chance to re-establish himself. Good fight for Weidman although I hate everyone's style of fighting these days. Now its all about the 'W', when I first started watching UFC it was about knocking the guy out or tapping him out. This GSP/boxing style of fighting where they fight for points is a fucking disgrace and the main reason why I dont purchase UFC anymore. Regardless Silva was at a point in his career where he completely man handled his division and never felt challenged. If he ever wanted a challenge he finally got it. Who knows maybe he was dodging a fight with Bones.

tenks

nunz wrote:I dont see Silva doing this as a joke. Its a high risk high reward move. You show this cockiness to entice your opponent to open up a bit. In the past it has worked well for Silva, especially the fight against Sonnen.

I get what it does, but i really don't think his camp and him plan or train for that. I think its him reacting to the moment and always thinking less of his opponent.

nunz wrote:Now its all about the 'W', when I first started watching UFC it was about knocking the guy out or tapping him out. This GSP/boxing style of fighting where they fight for points is a fucking disgrace and the main reason why I dont purchase UFC anymore. Regardless Silva was at a point in his career where he completely man handled his division and never felt challenged. If he ever wanted a challenge he finally got it. Who knows maybe he was dodging a fight with Bones.

Well I do agree with you here, putting myself in a champions shoes like GSP (whats can I say, its pretty easy for me), I'd say his fighting style and gameplan are perfect. If it wasn't for his style of fighting, he wouldn't have been able to have this long of a run, defending his belt so many times while staying injury free. It allows him to stay champ and stay healthy. While I dislike it, its smart for him him and his career. If he went out every-time trying to submit or KO someone he wouldn't still be champ.

Rambizzle
Clans: high.p, 3h, h8, LP^, jetty

Post by Rambizzle » July 2013

tenks

Rambizzle wrote:Image

nunz
Donor
Clans: </3 LIVEVIL 38th LAB sb riseabove

Post by nunz » July 2013

tenks wrote:I get what it does, but i really don't think his camp and him plan or train for that. I think its him reacting to the moment and always thinking less of his opponent.

It wasn't the first time Anderson has done this though. He does it alot, he waits for his counter punching opportunities. I am a 100% it is in his game plan to invoke his opponent to fight him rather than fight safely. But when it works for you so often you sometimes under estimate lesser opponents. This time though Weidman is a fighter who is part of GSPs camp, a guy who probably did more studying for this fight that Anderson has done his whole career. Throwing that second hook that caught Anderson is something NO ONE has ever done because they fear that counter punch from him. It was almost as if Weidman waited for that cockiness to show before he went for the KO.

wintehs
Clans: pineriders, deadboLT, mafia', DaNiNjA, BuBbLeS

Post by wintehs » July 2013

tenks

nunz wrote:
tenks wrote:I get what it does, but i really don't think his camp and him plan or train for that. I think its him reacting to the moment and always thinking less of his opponent.

It wasn't the first time Anderson has done this though. He does it alot, he waits for his counter punching opportunities. I am a 100% it is in his game plan to invoke his opponent to fight him rather than fight safely. But when it works for you so often you sometimes under estimate lesser opponents. This time though Weidman is a fighter who is part of GSPs camp, a guy who probably did more studying for this fight that Anderson has done his whole career. Throwing that second hook that caught Anderson is something NO ONE has ever done because they fear that counter punch from him. It was almost as if Weidman waited for that cockiness to show before he went for the KO.

There have been plenty of fights where he DOESN"t do any of that. To say that's his fighting style and his signature is a little unfair just because he's done a few times before.

stile

he has no hespect. porra