Mice recommendation

Mostly dank memes.

Moderator: mogers

DanJhonson
Clans: |-| |-|, LiK3(-)3oSs, vVv

Mice recommendation

Post by DanJhonson » September 2013

I've been thinking about replacing my mouse for a bit, and I wanted to know what the greater dod community recommends as far as mice go.

I'd prefer it to be under 60 bucks, and with a couple of extra buttons.

Red---
Clans: {DoZ}, )sC(, HGH|, p2o!

Re: Mice recommendation

Post by Red--- » September 2013

if you can find one. I think they've gone down in price. Ive always loved my sidewinder x5

dpi on the fly
changeable weights and feet pads
5 buttons (can program macros too)

**pic would be nice huh?
seems hard to find now that i looked. if you wanna gamble i saw one on ebay in box for $10.
Last edited by Red--- on September 2013, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Clans: bTw, Legion, FLAWLESS, NastyVAG, MVPZ, angryface

Post by mike » September 2013

I've been using ambidextrous mice for a while now. Currently have a razer lachesis but plan to maybe go to the razer taipan although it's kinda pricy. For ergonomic mice, Razer Deathadder 2013 and Zowie mice are pretty good.

scndrlsk
Clans: #goron #illuminati #frenchies #specialolympians

Post by scndrlsk » September 2013

Logitech g400 or mx518 (if you can find one) in my opinion, and from a few others it is an amazing mouse. Many say that the g400 is a bad version of the mx518, but I have used both of these mice and I prefer the g400. You will be able to find a g400 at most electronic stores (bestbuy, frys, microcenter) but in order to find the mx518; since it has discontinued, you may have to look on Amazon.

mx518

g400
Last edited by scndrlsk on September 2013, edited 1 time in total.

scndrlsk

mike wrote:I've been using ambidextrous mice for a while now. Currently have a razer lachesis but plan to maybe go to the razer taipan although it's kinda pricy. For ergonomic mice, Razer Deathadder 2013 and Zowie mice are pretty good.

I'm sorry but the lachesis looks like the most uncomfortable mouse ever. Zowie mice are very small, I can't use them cause my hands are pretty big. From what I've heard the Deathadder 2013 is a very good mouse; I use to use the old deathadder and it was terrible.

sloth
Clans: proFound, tA, dynasty, bvc, legion, super, sunnyville

Post by sloth » September 2013

I use a Mionix Naos 3200. It's comfortable, durable, reasonably priced, and has some nice features.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826580003

Fleener
Clans: PopuLarity, D(o)nuts, 3h, Illicit, Da Ninja, High P, Disc Jockey, Sparkles

Post by Fleener » September 2013

I use the Razer Mamba mouse. It's both wireless/wired which is nice. You can use it wirelessly for most of what you do, and then plug the chord in for wired gaming. It also fits my hand perfectly and is pretty responsive, even when used wirelessly. I got a good deal on it a while back, it's $130 normally, which is a bit high.

Also, Razer products used to be pretty shitty when they first came out and marketed towards gamers. So their reputation is a bit eh sometimes. However, their newer items are really well made, and are highly reviewed as well.

ward
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol

Post by ward » September 2013

MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Tried and true. Good luck finding one, they are no longer made.

Cage
Clans: FurY, ( s )ttR. sQ , toggles, [38th], vVv

Post by Cage » September 2013

I have pretty big hands but for some reason still prefer small mice, I used to play with the zowie ec2 but the scroll broke after like a month. (Don't buy it).
I moved on to the steelseries sensei and so far I'm happy with the whole thing, at first the mouse feels like it's "flat" but once you get the feel for the mouse it becomes really awesome and fits your hand perfectly in most situations.
Should also be said, I like to move my mice with the tip of my fingers, if you're looking for something you can grab with your whole hand this is not the one for you.

hildebrand
Donor
Clans: {GSR}, prFnd, rmX., The Gentlemen, mtp, winnfield, |o/, akk!, iwa

Post by hildebrand » September 2013

logitech. period.

labotic
Clans: freeceebz, 1080p, S.E.A.R.S. , 151

Post by labotic » September 2013

ive been using this mazer type R all season and it works well, it took some time to get used to it from my g400 but for the price it cant be beat.

http://www.amazon.com/Mazer-2500DPI-Optical-Black-Gray-EMS140/dp/B0095ONNTC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379050575&sr=8-1&keywords=mazer

DanJhonson
Clans: |-| |-|, LiK3(-)3oSs, vVv

Post by DanJhonson » September 2013

Cage wrote:steelseries sensei
I like to move my mice with the tip of my fingers.

I've been considering getting this mouse, and this is exactly how I hold my mouse so this kinda makes me want it a bit more. Anyone else that has this mouse, or had it with any opinions on it?

sevEN
Clans: THUNDER

Post by sevEN » September 2013

ms3.0

scndrlsk

My FNATIC Sensei broke after a few months... the cord was fucked up and it just stopped working, even with the protective thread on the wire.

Manner
Clans: #deluxxe.nu, anGripen, Sumo!, Purple-Haze, DEATHCLAN

Post by Manner » September 2013

Logitech g400 or the the old mx518. Used them since I first changed from ballmouse (or whatever it is called in english). Great comfort, durable and cheap.

An1maL
Clans: unplugged!

Post by An1maL » September 2013

logitech! i used the mx510 throughout my whole career, until it finally died and I got a mx518. nowadays only the g400 is available but it's exactly the same except it can go to higher dpi and Hz. They are HANDS DOWN the best gaming mice, especially combined with a very large cloth mousemat (e.g QcK+). I play low sens with no accel and other mice i've tried can't track accurately at the kinds of speeds required for that. they are perfect for comfort too, with only essential buttons. I dunno why anybody would pay up to £100 for some razer peice of shit with a neon fuckin lights display and 46 buttons when you can get a g400 for £30.

rolyat
Clans: DRUGS

Post by rolyat » September 2013

I've owned an Intelli 3.0, DeathAdder, and a Sensei. My favorite has been the DeathAdder. I've owned two over the past 5 or 6 years. The Sensei didn't have enough room to rest my fingers using a palm grip. It'd probably be a great mouse if I used a claw grip. The mouse 5/6 buttons just kept getting in the way of my pinky.

motive
Clans: mafia, online thunder, axxium/50cal, 3h/LcM, mvpz, dodod

Post by motive » September 2013

DanJhonson wrote:
Cage wrote:steelseries sensei
I like to move my mice with the tip of my fingers.

I've been considering getting this mouse, and this is exactly how I hold my mouse so this kinda makes me want it a bit more. Anyone else that has this mouse, or had it with any opinions on it?

i use a sensei and i'm the best thing to happen to dod. i use a palm grip with it and i don't have any trouble, even with big hands.

it's an ambidextrous mouse so if you're used to a more ergonomic feeling of a left/right handed mouse then it might be weird for a minute. you don't use a palm grip so it might not be as big of a problem for you but you'll want to disable the right side buttons (if you're a righty) because you can click them accidentally.

paintball_
Clans: versatile !, 1B, illuminati , dicE[: :] , `.=.

Post by paintball_ » September 2013

milo
Clans: Liverpool Football Club

Post by milo » September 2013

Zowie all day brah. Fuck with me you know I got it

avenger
Donor
Clans: cosa, devil, hb, ve, insg, 38th, GiMP, ptm, seclusion, dgf, romantic tragedy, [?], MVPz, SaB, NB*

Post by avenger » September 2013

ward wrote:MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Tried and true. Good luck finding one, they are no longer made.

this for fucks sake, used the same intellimouse for 8 years and when it broke it fucked my shit up. couldnt get used to that logitech shape at all :/ luckily i found the zowie ec1 mouse, shaped similar to the intellimouse.

Theworst
Clans: ~Casual // Critical Mass // Exodus // Gentlemens Club // Midwinter // Duality~

Post by Theworst » September 2013

Steelseries sensei.

bewton
Clans: RBC, SAS, LCM, PANDEMIC, BNG. MARKOMANIA, BTW

Post by bewton » September 2013

Logitech G400 or G500 are both awesome mice. I think a lot of it has to do with personal pref on how it fits your hand. I do love Logitech Gaming Software though.

g500

Gorillabc
Clans: BOMMERCOON MNM n2p skull nwp GI cNg rSports dicE AIDS FD kbc stoss dth SSSX THATMYDICK Fx 151 etc

Post by Gorillabc » September 2013

I'm currently using a DeathAdder 3500 (Black Edition). Really enjoying it. Goes up to 3500 DPI as opposed to the original DeathAdder's 1000 DPI, 2013 goes up to 8400 DPI. The weight is great, the size is perfect (I have fairly big hands). Being able to adjust the DPI and accel on the fly is really nice.

That being said, before this I always used Logitech mice. For a majority of my 12+ year dod career I used the Logitech MX1000 (link at bottom of post). Unfortunately, after years of me slamming it into my desk it finally gave up. I switched to my DeathAdder at this point. Logitech has a newer version of that mouse out now, which also happens to be a "gaming" version, and it can be wired or wireless. Another cool thing is that it stores your profiles on the mouse itself, so you have them with you wherever you take it. I haven't tried it, but saw it at Best Buy and the grip and weight feel the same. I highly recommend any of the mice mentioned in my post, you can't go wrong. Links below.

DeathAdder 3500: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder- ... deathadder
Logitech MX1000: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MX1000-L ... B0002UM0JW
Logitech G700s: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G700s-Re ... revolution

ward
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol

Post by ward » September 2013

avenger wrote:
ward wrote:MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Tried and true. Good luck finding one, they are no longer made.

this for fucks sake, used the same intellimouse for 8 years and when it broke it fucked my shit up. couldnt get used to that logitech shape at all :/ luckily i found the zowie ec1 mouse, shaped similar to the intellimouse.

NewEgg had brand new ones up on their site a year or two ago. I bought two just in case, so I have an extra one on standby for the day years from now where my current one dies haha.