Still Dre, $3 billion later

Mostly dank memes.

Moderator: mogers

tenks
Clans: baffleck[dd]

Still Dre, $3 billion later

Post by tenks » May 2014

Didn't know if anyone saw but Apple is about to buy out Beats for $3.2 billion. Apple's biggest acquisition ever.

While I'm stoked for Dre, I think it's a terrible purchase for Apple. They're buying a hyped brand name. I don't think it will work out for Apple in the end..

But fuck apple, dre day!!!! First billionare in hip-hop! *cwaaaalk

ward
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol

Re: Still Dre, $3 billion later

Post by ward » May 2014

So they bought a brand of over-priced garbage? Sounds like it will fit right in with their current line of shit.

twist
Clans: nD, dNc, vtec, shock&awe, [?], laudable, GI, ostrich, pure, epic

Post by twist » May 2014

ward wrote:So they bought a brand of over-priced garbage? Sounds like it will fit right in with their current line of shit.

Thread over.

greetz
Clans: family

Post by greetz » May 2014

was also looking at this article the other day

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/tech/inno ... cbook-air/

very interesting moves by the company. not sure how i feel about it.

Hudson`
Donor
Clans: cc, 38th, v!, 0|K, THUNDER

Post by Hudson` » May 2014

The insane tech valuations just keep on coming. Meanwhile, anyone in southern California has probably noticed their food bill double in the last 5 years. But no, the problem is NOT ENOUGH inflation. Gotta get that economy going...

tenks

Post by tenks » May 2014

greetz wrote:was also looking at this article the other day

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/tech/inno ... cbook-air/

very interesting moves by the company. not sure how i feel about it.

that article just talks about faster, cheaper macbook airs. I dont see whats wrong wtih that? lol

acetamino

Post by acetamino » May 2014

Hudson, when I was in Socal I noticed many places watering their lawn to keep it nice and healthy. The state is in a severe drought. Are there no county regulations against doing such wet work?!

tenks

Post by tenks » May 2014

acetamino wrote:Hudson, when I was in Socal I noticed many places watering their lawn to keep it nice and healthy. The state is in a severe drought. Are there no county regulations against doing such wet work?!

they tried to in some counties. This year we just started getting charged for water in my apartment complex. Still no limit on how much we can use, we just have to pay for it now.

greetz
Clans: family

Post by greetz » May 2014

well what i meant by buying out Dre, and act of putting out cheaper mac books; its just an interesting decision apple is going. I dont see it as bad or good, we won't know until they get reviews. i don't see anything wrong with it either, its just interesting and im curious to know how it will go

tenks

Post by tenks » May 2014

greetz wrote:well what i meant by buying out Dre, and act of putting out cheaper mac books; its just an interesting decision apple is going. I dont see it as bad or good, we won't know until they get reviews. i don't see anything wrong with it either, its just interesting and im curious to know how it will go

apple puts out faster, cheaper products every year. thats how computers work, nothing new or different there for them.

I think you may have cheaper mixed up with cheap. You see every 12 months, the cpus inside the mac books, get faster and cheaper to make. So the macbooks are in turn "cheaper" because they cost less, not "cheaper" because they're using crappy parts.

Rambizzle
Clans: high.p, 3h, h8, LP^, jetty

Post by Rambizzle » May 2014

Hudson`
Donor
Clans: cc, 38th, v!, 0|K, THUNDER

Post by Hudson` » May 2014

You see sprinklers installed basically everywhere in SB, and we're on the coast, as you go further inland I assume its just 100% of everything is sprinklered. At least on UCSB campus, it's done by recovered waste water. Very, very non-potable.