Most dominant clan ever.

Old man Dan's treasure trove of ancient artifacts.

Moderator: scorch-

Jb_
Clans: |NUDE|,-Nt-,hb-, mvjbz

Re: Most dominant clan ever.

Post by Jb_ » September 2011

3h_s0v wrote:I don't understand how this is even a topic of debate.

3xtreme humiliation is the winningest team in the history of the game.

As far as all the other amazing teams that had good runs, they were trying hard while we were away on vacation celebrating all of our glorious victories.

RLTW 4 THE WIN AM I RITE

grattattacK
Clans: RBC, 3h, u5, oLc

Post by grattattacK » September 2011

I remember the return of ve to retail, probably 7-8 months in. It was insane. I watched one of strife's matches on donner over and over again. It had been concluded by everyone: the garand was dead. But he came in and fucked with our heads by playing a full garand game like it was 3.1 again. It was cool.

Then they fixed the garand and the game got really interesting. Ve didn't stick around long but goddamn, what a return.

SMELTN
Clans: 5.0, uL, 5.o

Post by SMELTN » September 2011

Obviously 5.0wned

and then uL|

:D

ceebz
Banned
Clans: flawless, flatout, beyond, h8, 1080p, bandaid, lawnmowers, moi, rr

Post by ceebz » September 2011

flatout, flatout and flatout.

stevehisey_
Clans: jetty

Post by stevehisey_ » September 2011

Jetty

/end thread

Skwirut
Clans: Highball

Post by Skwirut » September 2011

Let's all say this three times - "They have us surrounded, the poor bastards.". This saying encompasses the team that was highball.

And... I have the file from The Internets that sac posted on their website with House of Pain's song Jump Round. You all want it. They were so inspiring during their time. I remember vividly hop and zb.

Highball. Every part about their existence. All their members were characters. Jb, tellah, darkhorse, fest, judas, cyanide, chosen, burns, fieldy, panzer faust, Marshall, Beas, nick, ninja, doc, jackson, alpha male, sirrendar, etc. Somewhere I have a word document with all their names.

My most memorable win was when in late 2004, after being completely detached from the game for a long long time, I googled highball and saw they had won the 2004 CPL. I was so proud of them, I immediately came back to the game.

The best game ever, mind you. Two lil' kids, a wife, a job and a mortgage happily keep me very occupied these days. The memories are very fond, though. Lots of hours and years spent caring. Heart.

squatta
Admin
Clans: cXt, blacksheep, 45th, a0tp, 63rd, devil^, em0, ubad, sssx, mvpz, Greasy Dorks.

Post by squatta » September 2011

Skwirut wrote:Let's all say this three times - "They have us surrounded, the poor bastards.". This saying encompasses the team that was highball.

And... I have the file from The Internets that sac posted on their website with House of Pain's song Jump Round. You all want it. They were so inspiring during their time. I remember vividly hop and zb.

Highball. Every part about their existence. All their members were characters. Jb, tellah, darkhorse, fest, judas, cyanide, chosen, burns, fieldy, panzer faust, Marshall, Beas, nick, ninja, doc, jackson, alpha male, sirrendar, etc. Somewhere I have a word document with all their names.

My most memorable win was when in late 2004, after being completely detached from the game for a long long time, I googled highball and saw they had won the 2004 CPL. I was so proud of them, I immediately came back to the game.

The best game ever, mind you. Two lil' kids, a wife, a job and a mortgage happily keep me very occupied these days. The memories are very fond, though. Lots of hours and years spent caring. Heart.

tears bro, tears...

Schmiggs
Clans: uL, 85th, nR, BnG, 3h, |5.o|, csb, NwP, SuaP, mvpz, moi ::, k^3

Post by Schmiggs » September 2011

Ben Skwirut, one of my favorite people of all time in DoD. Ronny DR is up there too.

ceebz
Banned
Clans: flawless, flatout, beyond, h8, 1080p, bandaid, lawnmowers, moi, rr

Post by ceebz » September 2011

Schmiggs wrote:Ben Skwirut, one of my favorite people of all time in DoD. Ronny DR is up there too.

not me? removed from steam fl

haps
Clans: UH, GameWyze, x6

Post by haps » September 2011

Unsung Heroes.

seanality
Clans: Despise/UI, SKULL, ez5, n2p/Eximius, InsG, gddLam, band-aid, Jim's, htk

Post by seanality » September 2011

haps :shock:

haps
Clans: UH, GameWyze, x6

Post by haps » September 2011

Sup :)

I think that posts have already been made that pretty much sum up this topic.

Something that hasn't somehow been brought up though, most dominant player ever. I think we can all agree that Mantis takes this title.

Schmiggs
Clans: uL, 85th, nR, BnG, 3h, |5.o|, csb, NwP, SuaP, mvpz, moi ::, k^3

Post by Schmiggs » September 2011

lol, mantis is probably the most intimidating player as well. josh brown doesn't have shit on mantis...

british
Clans: eXquisite.Uk. ASK.pl, Nihilist, azFIRE, pUr, feat 6, Dying Breed, v! naturalskillz, JIMS AUTO

Post by british » October 2011

In america i think gamewyze

In europe i would say TWR - the white rose

cassinoroyale
Donor
Clans: d7, @ NeT, CNB, dW, MVPz, Owned, rr, dodod, iwa, 3h

Post by cassinoroyale » October 2011

scorch- wrote:when you're getting shot in the back by habib in the dumbest/best corner in the universe, you don't have a choice. the screamo just happens.

one word: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Swiss
Clans: Super, bTw, LcM, DumbledoresARMY, iwa

Post by Swiss » October 2011

you should hear HIM in vent....sigh

ao_

Post by ao_ » October 2011

grattattacK wrote:I remember the return of ve to retail, probably 7-8 months in. It was insane. I watched one of strife's matches on donner over and over again. It had been concluded by everyone: the garand was dead. But he came in and fucked with our heads by playing a full garand game like it was 3.1 again. It was cool.

Then they fixed the garand and the game got really interesting. Ve didn't stick around long but goddamn, what a return.

Believe it or not, I remember watching that strife demo a long time ago. A really long time ago.

slimz
Clans: ve|'

Post by slimz » October 2011

Wow, can't believe 1911 is still around.

Whoever is responsible for bringing the site back, thank you, and if escher is still around, what up!

Very good teams always have a certain mystique about them. Back when I was playing |101st| were the shit, everybody wanted to join them, and people were afraid to play against them. When I was on ve, our team oozed confidence, we knew we could take on anybody and we legitimately believed we were the best in the world, however delusional/realistic we were actually being. And often times we simply were the best, people didn't even want to scrim us because they knew they'd get their asses handed to them. And +1 to whoever said we were douchebags, in retrospect we did treat people like dbags sometimes, but the amount of dick riding on mirc was incredible.

Man good times.

squatta
Admin
Clans: cXt, blacksheep, 45th, a0tp, 63rd, devil^, em0, ubad, sssx, mvpz, Greasy Dorks.

Post by squatta » October 2011

find sgt pepper

seanality
Clans: Despise/UI, SKULL, ez5, n2p/Eximius, InsG, gddLam, band-aid, Jim's, htk

Post by seanality » October 2011

Rob

Post by Rob » October 2011

slimz wrote:When I was on ve, our team oozed confidence, we knew we could take on anybody and we legitimately believed we were the best in the world, however delusional/realistic we were actually being. And often times we simply were the best, people didn't even want to scrim us because they knew they'd get their asses handed to them.

Yeah I back in the day it was pretty unanimous that ve was unbeatable.

Poop-ship, bsoul, escher, who else... there was vizio but I know he got caught cheating.

You guys were really dominant.

scorch-
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod

Post by scorch- » October 2011

nig

Jb_
Clans: |NUDE|,-Nt-,hb-, mvjbz

Post by Jb_ » October 2011

Rob wrote:
slimz wrote:When I was on ve, our team oozed confidence, we knew we could take on anybody and we legitimately believed we were the best in the world, however delusional/realistic we were actually being. And often times we simply were the best, people didn't even want to scrim us because they knew they'd get their asses handed to them.

Yeah I back in the day it was pretty unanimous that ve was unbeatable.

Poop-ship, bsoul, escher, who else... there was vizio but I know he got caught cheating.

You guys were really dominant.

Actually we beat ve (nude) for the ugs invite championship and in regular season. They did beat us for the cal - i championship that same season. We shortly died after.

slimz
Clans: ve|'

Post by slimz » October 2011

Nig was the original leader, and from what I remember he founded ve as well.

Nig was a solid team leader and an overall great guy. He was the sort of level headed, no-nonsense, quiet type. I think this was mostly attributable to the fact that he was in his late 20's or early 30's at the time so he wasn't the typical pre-pubescent, shit talking, living in mother's basement nerdy teenager (though I can't say for fact that Nig didn't live in this mother's basement :) .)

Poopship, from what I recall, was Nig's friend in real life, and also was a great, funny guy. Great, great player as well. Poopship and Nig would come on to vent, or teamspeak or whatever we used back then and we'd play during late nights plastered as all hell and we'd have drunken conversations together, talking random shit and having a good time.

Tkz was also an original member. Liked to talk a lot, but backed his talking with skill. Again, funny guy but his personality could get a bit abrasive at times. I think he eventually took over as the leader of ve, but I was already transitioning out of the game when that was happening. My best memory of tkz is playing these ridiculous pub sessions on Anzio where both of us would just kar whore and our scores would literally be like 82-6 and 79-3 respectively, without exaggeration. This was in the day when the kar was so beastly, and of course it was some random pub, but I remember thinking, "we aren't too bad at this game are we? "

Bsoul was probably my best mate on the team. We used to call him Halfrican for being, well, half African. I think he was our first MG player, and a hell of player too. I don't think he stuck around too long but a great guy.

Dune was a young Canadian kid who was a good, technical player. On his day he could carry the team with the light rifle.

Escher was part of the team for a bit and also a great guy. To speak completely objectively, his dod skills probably fell short of ve's standard, however he was such an instrumental member of the dod community, particularly with the creation of 1911, and I could argue that he had as much to do with ve's rise in popularity in the community as ve's overall skill level did.

Some of the teams we respected at the time were |101st|, Nt-, |NUDE|. For whatever reason I don't recall hb- being that dominant at the time, maybe they became more dominant after I left the game. And apparently there have been great teams since like x6, but obviously I cannot speak for them.

I'm glad to see that the dod community is still alive and well. Since quitting the game I've gone on to college, and am now attending law school. However I try to sneak dod sessions in here and there.

Good times.

Rob

Post by Rob » October 2011

There were two iterations of ve I think. The original, then the one strife was on I believe. I think you're referring to the second one josh. Just a guess though, my memory is fuzzy.