Most dominant clan ever.

Old man Dan's treasure trove of ancient artifacts.

Moderator: scorch-

pinecone

Most dominant clan ever.

Post by pinecone » April 2011

Well, since theres about amillion players through the years, off the top of everyones head, who do you think won more? CPL, LANS, CAL, everything.

Most dominant clan when i started playing was |101st-|, then turned into iLan, then |NUDE| took over, then hb- won a few seasons, then vE |' dominated somewhere in there then there were a number of mergers and sponsorships ( lol when dod clans got real sponsors, it happened kids, i was there & never got anything but free servers) Sooo then everything gets blurry.

Mine would be of course coL. because they won at the peak of the game and had the best players (pretty sure they were winning in counter strike at the same time as well and if i remember the cs team had like a whole house to just sit around in the dark and practice in,)

This was when the CAL invite finals would draw 700-800 spectators and had commentary thru DOD radio.....

and at the fall of coL came gamewyze i think. Everything after that can shove it and the whole dod is dead thing started happening, like back in 07....SOoooo...

This is alot better then best players, also. SO LETS HEAR IT FELLAS. 1911.org editor in chief OUT. ktp.

Rambizzle
Clans: high.p, 3h, h8, LP^, jetty

Re: Most dominant clan ever.

Post by Rambizzle » April 2011

veracity was pretty nasty for a season or two

squatta
Admin
Clans: cXt, blacksheep, 45th, a0tp, 63rd, devil^, em0, ubad, sssx, mvpz, Greasy Dorks.

Post by squatta » April 2011

As far as online goes in North America (in chronological order):

Beta 1.3b
sac| (2000-2001) - Absolutely destroyed the early betas (the entire first year of DoD). No one could touch them, not even RBC/QOR/101st.

101st (2001) - Took the top spot after SAC left the game. But was really still an "old-school" style clan. They rallied later on and made a strong push toward the end of the betas.

Beta 2.0b
NUDE (2002) - Won the first season of invite, and really changed the way teams played. One of the first teams to keep a small roster and totally ditch the pub clan style.

63rd/Cosa/iLan/hb/others (2002-2003) - All these teams put a ton of pressure on NUDE/101st/Nt, but imo never made as much of an impact on the game.

Beta 3.1b
Nt and 10st (2002-2004) - Still the best rivalry in DoD history. Nothing beats the 2003 STA-I finals match between these two.

ve|` (2002-2004) - ve dominated the last 2-3 seasons in beta. A small, close-knit roster, and really technical/disciplined play. There were a lot of other good teams, but ve really stepped up leading into retail.

Retail:
Shockwave (2004) - LOL/Shockwave came on the scene strong and dominated the first bit of post-retail DoD. But shit gets crazy from here on out.

Gamewyze/Checksix (2004-2005) - won 3 out of the next 5 seasons, only losing a close one to mTs, and getting out proned by Trademark. The only team other than coL to win invite on 3 occasions.

Complexity/L8L8L8 (2005-2007) - totally dominated the later seasons of DoD. Not really that hard when you build super teams like they did.

There were a lot of other really good teams, especially as the game grew and peaked post-retail, but those were the ones that actually won or competed for championships on a consistent basis.

kirk
Clans: feat6, aids, x[m], ptm, snowmen, NoGo, GI, 50cal, moNster, te amo, gameslaves, winnfield, koala, iwa

Post by kirk » April 2011

Sp3c, obviously.

linuslolz
Banned
Clans: Flawless , dpk , HOLO-CHAR, team99

Post by linuslolz » April 2011

zp!, begrip,n.static.

squatta
Admin
Clans: cXt, blacksheep, 45th, a0tp, 63rd, devil^, em0, ubad, sssx, mvpz, Greasy Dorks.

linuslolz wrote:zp!, begrip,n.static.

Sk.Fr

Bane_
Clans: #jetty, #clan3h

Post by Bane_ » April 2011

When I first started playing, 101st/NUDE were top dogs. I believe this was back when that idiot Bliksta played and just camped everywhere with the mp44; however, this was a different era of the game where gameplay I believe did not relate to the way it was played when coL was dominating the game. If I had to pick one team who absolutely killed it, I would say coL.
Last edited by Bane_ on April 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Hudson`
Donor
Clans: cc, 38th, v!, 0|K, THUNDER

Post by Hudson` » April 2011

pineriders

Jee
Clans: 22e, flawless

Post by Jee » April 2011

I know they werent THAT good but Im gonna put 22e here, the first one with prowack. Best team ever of only french canadian mofos like me. :D. The later version was not that good but the first one was decent. Its not in the best ever for sure though :D.

`NG
Clans: {GSR}. Soul. rE. sG!. [][]SQ[][]

Post by `NG » April 2011

If they weren't the best ever and you know it, why would you put it for a list of most dominant clans ever?

linuslolz
Banned
Clans: Flawless , dpk , HOLO-CHAR, team99

Post by linuslolz » April 2011

"Best team ever of only french canadian" maybe because of that?

Jee

Post by Jee » April 2011

im just talking NG, lol I misjudged the seriousness around here.

Narc
Clans: RCC, CosaNostra, 85th, MVPz

Post by Narc » April 2011

Sac and 101st got my vote.

mg_
Clans: gfb, ^p, jetty, tmd, schweisstropfen

Post by mg_ » April 2011

x6's dominance online and lan really set them apart. I know nostalgia is great, but x6 won the big prize pot. The post CPL 2005 fallout and the steady decline since then. I'd say the coL/x6 merge and the subsequent l8l8l8 whatever pretty much ensured those 8-9 guys dominated the game for serious discussion.

LoL @ being the best French Canadian team. Besides, xds was still the better incarnation of the cheating French Canadians.

Jee

Post by Jee » April 2011

:D

Jb_
Clans: |NUDE|,-Nt-,hb-, mvjbz

Post by Jb_ » April 2011

Everyone seems to forget hb and x6 played for the first cpl championship id say those 2 were dominant teams in there own era. I know its hard to throw hb in there bc we wernt big into playing online and never really accomplished much. But u cant deny the 1st and 4th place finish at 2 cpls. And had the rats of fgtville not gayed us up who knows what would of happend in cpl summer 05. If you go back to the old gotfrag articles it pretty much puts the clan dominance in order. SAC, 101st, nude, ilan, ve, hb, x6, col. Id say somehting of that order.
Last edited by Jb_ on April 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Expunge
Clans: [RUNS], |nL|, deadboLT, SuaD, noLuck, SuaP, Damage Networks

Post by Expunge » April 2011

i never felt more helpless than i did when i played ve on anzio and cosanostra on ramelle

squatta
Admin

I've got hb checked as a dominant clan, but honestly I think you guys fucked your legacy by being dbags to everyone. Not that everyone wasn't dbags to everyone in general, just that hb was on a whole other level of dbaggery. ve|` wasn't a whole lot better at times, but hb was still the worst. Also, when you have players like Chosen and Invast (<--- LOL) carry your team online, it fucks up your legacy in the long term.

Jb_

Post by Jb_ » April 2011

Sears wrote:I've got hb checked as a dominant clan, but honestly I think you guys fucked your legacy by being dbags to everyone. Not that everyone wasn't dbags to everyone in general, just that hb was on a whole other level of dbaggery. ve|` wasn't a whole lot better at times, but hb was still the worst. Also, when you have players like Chosen and Invast (<--- LOL) carry your team online, it fucks up your legacy in the long term.

hb were pricks before I ever joined, and I agree with you. I never played with invast or chosen, they were both cut before I ever joined. Our roster usually consisted of tellah, cope, eckman, docano, me, darkhorse. However the cpl rosters were alot diffrent. Docano and I were the only ones who stuck around through it all. But your right if we made a thread for biggest douchebag, im sure id get top 3 :D

Wint0
Clans: risK **RWB**

Post by Wint0 » April 2011

you know i never ate my cookie because i thought you did something to it.

Jb_

Post by Jb_ » April 2011

Wint0 wrote:you know i never ate my cookie because i thought you did something to it.

I did do something to it... Good call on your part.

mg_
Clans: gfb, ^p, jetty, tmd, schweisstropfen

Post by mg_ » April 2011

Sears wrote:I've got hb checked as a dominant clan, but honestly I think you guys fucked your legacy by being dbags to everyone. Not that everyone wasn't dbags to everyone in general, just that hb was on a whole other level of dbaggery. ve|` wasn't a whole lot better at times, but hb was still the worst. Also, when you have players like Chosen and Invast (<--- LOL) carry your team online, it fucks up your legacy in the long term.

I think it is out of context to be fair. hb weren't more douchebaggy. It's pretty hard to get more douchebaggy than what RUNS/RVC did to people. Just, many in hb weren't with the RUNS/[e] crowd, and I think that definitely made them seem worse than it was.

But, that's my 2¢

squatta
Admin

mg_ wrote:I think it is out of context to be fair. hb weren't more douchebaggy. It's pretty hard to get more douchebaggy than what RUNS/RVC did to people. Just, many in hb weren't with the RUNS/[e] crowd, and I think that definitely made them seem worse than it was.

But, that's my 2¢

Bro, no way.

I mean sure, everyone's experience is different.

But, RUNS was never a dominant clan, so who cares. And I got along fine with RUNS, and enjoyed playing them. Always had fun matches between RUNS/nL and devil^. But, hb?/ve/iLan in betas? No, fuck that. They were dbags to everyone, and everyone hated playing them.

I always viewed RVC as a niche of semi-good players / nice guys. Not the biggest dbags. Far from it.

kamezorz, still the biggest dbag in my book. Also annoying that we had the same name and people would get us confused all the time in 63rd.

Jb_

Post by Jb_ » April 2011

mg_ wrote:

I think it is out of context to be fair. hb weren't more douchebaggy. It's pretty hard to get more douchebaggy than what RUNS/RVC did to people. Just, many in hb weren't with the RUNS/[e] crowd, and I think that definitely made them seem worse than it was.

But, that's my 2¢

I dont think you could have said it any better. I for one was never cool with any of the vent crew kids besides mogga, but that was before the rvc vent crew crap. When you had vent crews of dorks always banning together to hate on 1 team then its a lopsidded battle, but also hb consitantly stompped the compitition with barely even trying, I think that had alot to do with the hate. I mean if you think about it we said we never tried online and that we would put our efforts into lans. What was the outcome of that? a 1st and 4th place finish out of 40 teams. So love or hate you still gotta respect the accomplishments.

squatta
Admin

I also think part of it is that my team was full of sweethearts (pussies) that couldn't handle shit talking.

But, good points all around. The vent crew thing didn't really come about until after retail (and after vent came out??). It was all teamspeak in my day.