Your biggest DOD influences

Old man Dan's treasure trove of ancient artifacts.

Moderator: scorch-

khorga
Posts: 2
Joined: April 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: prec!se,obZ

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by khorga » May 2013

ramz- best uk sniper beast.

User avatar
Cyan007
Posts: 3
Joined: January 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: highball

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by Cyan007 » June 2013



Yep... not sure how to easily embed on these forums. Tried throwing the URL and embed iframe into that youtube block here... no luck.

LOLZOZLOZLZ This is when we actually used CRT monitors... remember those?

twist
Posts: 201
Joined: November 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: nD, dNc, vtec, shock&awe, [?], laudable, GI, ostrich, pure, epic

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by twist » June 2013

Legend alert.

k4b00m
Posts: 1423
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 1
Clans: -=[Jaz Negrep Mafia]=-
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by k4b00m » June 2013

Fixed the link Cyan. Just hover your mouse over the youtube button and it'll tell you [=

Put the random letters and numbers after the watch?v= in the youtube URL

youtube.com/watch?v=(COPY THIS)

User avatar
Gorillabc
Posts: 312
Joined: September 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: BOMMERCOON MNM n2p skull nwp GI cNg rSports dicE AIDS FD kbc stoss dth SSSX THATMYDICK Fx 151 etc
Location: ON THE OTHER SIDE OF BUMFUCK EGYPT

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by Gorillabc » June 2013

*Swoon*

scorch-
Moderator
Posts: 1457
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 3
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod
Location: ventura,ca
Contact:

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by scorch- » June 2013

Cyan007 wrote:

Yep... not sure how to easily embed on these forums. Tried throwing the URL and embed iframe into that youtube block here... no luck.

LOLZOZLOZLZ This is when we actually used CRT monitors... remember those?


I finally upgraded my CRT a few months ago. My cpl 2005 monitor is still sitting in my room.

crawtona
Posts: 313
Joined: February 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: deadboLT, gg#awfulworks, careface, sadface, nihilist, ez5, zeroethics, [~]

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by crawtona » June 2013

Cyan007 wrote:

Yep... not sure how to easily embed on these forums. Tried throwing the URL and embed iframe into that youtube block here... no luck.

LOLZOZLOZLZ This is when we actually used CRT monitors... remember those?


I remember this movie vividly.

Jb_
Posts: 948
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: |NUDE|,-Nt-,hb-, mvjbz

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by Jb_ » June 2013

Cyan007 wrote:

Yep... not sure how to easily embed on these forums. Tried throwing the URL and embed iframe into that youtube block here... no luck.

LOLZOZLOZLZ This is when we actually used CRT monitors... remember those?


Hey Jarret! Get on steam and talk to your boy!

Skwirut
Posts: 19
Joined: September 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: Highball

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by Skwirut » August 2013

Your mom.

zbeec
Posts: 143
Joined: July 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: flawless, flatout, beyond, h8, 1080p, bandaid, lawnmowers, moi, rr, gSKILL an bunch of others

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by zbeec » August 2013

defiance wrote:
Current run at dod:
Ceebz - Mainly for the settings of my game that I use, specifically the black bars.


awe thanks defiance lol. and um nugz pretty much got me into playing this shitty ass game back in like 06 and ive been stuck playing with his gay ass since. if it wasnt for nugz i wouldnt be where i am today and hes helped me out a bunch and i pretty muched used to download bunch of demos and sit there for hours every night and watch them and learn what they did and why and figure out all the secrets. learned a lot of my stuff from watching ninjuh and habib, 2 of the smartest people i knew. oh and it was always a blast watching shiftypowers run around and frag too. and for some reason i used to always watch a bunch of demos of joey "seven" harter learned bunch of stuff from his demos too and always looked up to him for some reason but now hes a total douche to me lol but then again so is half the community for no reason

User avatar
ward
Posts: 746
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol
Contact:

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by ward » August 2013

zbeec wrote:
defiance wrote:
Current run at dod:
Ceebz - Mainly for the settings of my game that I use, specifically the black bars.

. and for some reason i used to always watch a bunch of demos of joey "seven" harter learned bunch of stuff from his demos too and always looked up to him for some reason but now hes a total douche to me lol but then again so is half the community for no reason



Handle: ceebz
Team: Rivalry Reborn
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:14737261, STEAM_0:1:20383
Start Date: May 22 2012
End Date: May 22 2013
Rule Violation: 7.7
Reason: Cheating outside of TPG match

zbeec
Posts: 143
Joined: July 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: flawless, flatout, beyond, h8, 1080p, bandaid, lawnmowers, moi, rr, gSKILL an bunch of others

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by zbeec » August 2013

ward wrote:
zbeec wrote:
defiance wrote:
Current run at dod:
Ceebz - Mainly for the settings of my game that I use, specifically the black bars.

. and for some reason i used to always watch a bunch of demos of joey "seven" harter learned bunch of stuff from his demos too and always looked up to him for some reason but now hes a total douche to me lol but then again so is half the community for no reason



Handle: ceebz
Team: Rivalry Reborn
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:14737261, STEAM_0:1:20383
Start Date: May 22 2012
End Date: May 22 2013
Rule Violation: 7.7
Reason: Cheating outside of TPG match


your point exactly? yeah i did cheat and i did it blatantly not trying to hide that fact at all they were all a douche way before that cause they were getting shit on by me and couldnt accept the fact that i was better then them. never once did i cheat in a scrim before that scrim against vertex and yeah i got pissed that vertex was cheating against me so i started cheating and told everyone in my channel that i was lmao. i wanted to quit dod and being banned was only thing that was going to keep me away lol. anything else you want to know fat ass just let me know thanks

User avatar
ward
Posts: 746
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol
Contact:

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by ward » August 2013

zbeec wrote:
ward wrote:
zbeec wrote:
defiance wrote:
Current run at dod:
Ceebz - Mainly for the settings of my game that I use, specifically the black bars.

. and for some reason i used to always watch a bunch of demos of joey "seven" harter learned bunch of stuff from his demos too and always looked up to him for some reason but now hes a total douche to me lol but then again so is half the community for no reason



Handle: ceebz
Team: Rivalry Reborn
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:14737261, STEAM_0:1:20383
Start Date: May 22 2012
End Date: May 22 2013
Rule Violation: 7.7
Reason: Cheating outside of TPG match


your point exactly? yeah i did cheat and i did it blatantly not trying to hide that fact at all they were all a douche way before that cause they were getting shit on by me and couldnt accept the fact that i was better then them. never once did i cheat in a scrim before that scrim against vertex and yeah i got pissed that vertex was cheating against me so i started cheating and told everyone in my channel that i was lmao. i wanted to quit dod and being banned was only thing that was going to keep me away lol. anything else you want to know fat ass just let me know thanks


Vertex was cheating so bad that he got banned. Oh wait. You sound mad.

Image

zbeec
Posts: 143
Joined: July 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: flawless, flatout, beyond, h8, 1080p, bandaid, lawnmowers, moi, rr, gSKILL an bunch of others

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by zbeec » August 2013

ward wrote:
Vertex was cheating so bad that he got banned. Oh wait. You sound mad.

Image


not mad at all and i really dont care that i did get banned better things to do then play dod like race dirtbikes

gHanDi
Posts: 9
Joined: December 2011
Reputation: 0

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by gHanDi » August 2013

Me.

sik
Posts: 65
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: GI, onlineTHUNDER, NoGo!, =:cng:=, Laudable, doppelganger, .iwa

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by sik » August 2013

My biggest influences through out my dod career were more direct influences rather than watching movies and "pro" demos.

First and foremost, my main motherfucking man Tony Compton. This man motivated me and kept me in the dod scene for as long as I was. Without Tony Compton there was never a sik. This guy could dominate a match almost by himself but he was never afraid to take a step back and 3rd rifle and lock down spots on any given map.

2nd would be trickstuf. Really taught me the ropes of higher competitive dod. Knowing when to push, frag, hold, prone, nades, ect. is what he really exposed me to. One of the best teammates a player could ask for.

3rd would have to be sparz. Our time as teammates was only one season but I really learned the quality of playing smarter and gayer in most situations.

4th would be my dude russ`. this guy was an absolute beast in any role he played. Learned how to play aggressively smart and put myself is positions to take advantage and catch the other team of guard.

5th would be ryanemo. This guy can flat out play.

Honorable mention: Dman. Introduced tony and I to cal for one season back in 04, never to be seen again after that.

I enjoyed heavying/playing with all of these guys and could not have asked for a better group to learn from. These players directly influenced my play style and I learned a ton from each one of them. Playing with people like this made the game fun and easy to learn. Can attribute all of my success in this silly game to the guys listed above. I enjoyed watching movies and demos but the influence received by playing with these guys on a day to day basis over the years had the biggest impact on myself. Good thread will read again

gHanDi
Posts: 9
Joined: December 2011
Reputation: 0

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by gHanDi » August 2013

I started playing DoD way back in 2003. The week prior to Christmas actually, as that is when I bought my computer. The influences I had are few, but very key.

1. headlikeahole - He was probably the biggest influence on my time in DoD. For those who don't know, he is my brother. I only pubbed for like 3 months prior to the initial formation of Insomniac Gamers (.iG. at the time). That was back when invite was based on roster, and not actual skill level. By being able to play with .iG. as my first clan, I was able to skip the bullshit open/main seasons on terrible teams and hope to be noticed. We would also just sit and critique each other's demos, but mainly just show each other the insane shots we hit.

2. |NUDE|SpartaN - I was just pubbing and scimming at the time, since I was not going to be starting anytime soon in invite. Around this time, SpartaN's movie came out. I though almost every shot in that movie was insane. Also, his recoil control was the best I had seen to that point (3.1b recoil). I would dissect each shot and position to see approximately how he played each map or section of a map. Little known fact, I started out as a heavy for .iG.

3. Hn- - The single most dominant player I have ever seen play, ever, not close. I never watched old strife demos, although I did get the pleasure of being his teammate. My bro told me they were about the same dominance wise, but I still give it to Hn. All of his movies are the reason I wanted to start to rifle. Even the way he moved with the rifle, I wanted to emulate. The quick strafe stop. He had it perfected. No one else was doing what he was doing in terms of the quick strafe stop. I wanted to perfect it. They wouldn't let me rifle in .iG., so I took my first trip to main and rifled for mafia in the playoffs. Next season, I was the starting rifle for Xeno. The 3.1b and retail strafe stop are different. The retail strafe stop is much easier than 3.1b. This may sound really dumb, but leading up to CPL 05, I would watch Hn - Final Chapter prior to every match. Each time, I would pick up a little something extra that I had missed before.

4. Me - This may sound conceded, but it is true. I was a large influence on my career. I have watched more demos of myself than I have of the rest of the DoD community combined. This is not because I thought I was better than anyone and that my demo's were superior. I actually would do it to find holes in my game, and try and fix them. This is one of the reasons why when I was given the chance to play in invite, I never stopped playing in invite. Unless I chose a main team or playing with family.

User avatar
Beast
Posts: 89
Joined: July 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: Lookin cute, NUT, dpk
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by Beast » August 2013

Some dude named vtec-can0 taught me the game and how to strafe I was 14. Couple months later I was playing in invite for eximius dodging cpl. :lol:

`NG
Posts: 595
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: {GSR}. Soul. rE. sG!. [][]SQ[][]
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Contact:

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by `NG » August 2013

Marshall_drummin- I mean, Jesus Christ, miss a shot.
Ackpth- When I first installed dod, I pubbed in a server he was in. I was so bad that he told me to uninstall the game and sell my computer. I didn't play again for like...3 years.
Miller- Took time to help a pub clan learn the ropes.
Jackson, Equis, Leroy- For totally carrying me to cal finals
Dorito- For destroying me in said cal finals.

FLuXXuHH
Posts: 503
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: ReVamped |3h|LcM AntiVirus -_- h8 iLLicit DaNiNjA dying-breed DESPiSE.LAN

Post by FLuXXuHH » October 2013

As a rifle

SinistR
Slip
Diecast
Cyan007

Light and or 3rd

Profiction
WindiaN
Mantis


Heavy

Agent000
darth
shiftyP

Snipers

p4wn
royAmazing
dte
scorch

User avatar
squatta
Admin
Posts: 2890
Joined: June 2002
Reputation: 0
Clans: cXt, blacksheep, 45th, a0tp, 63rd, devil^, em0, ubad, sssx, mvpz, Greasy Dorks.
Contact:

Post by squatta » October 2013

FLuXXuHH wrote:As a rifle

SinistR
Slip
Diecast
Cyan007

Light and or 3rd

Profiction
WindiaN
Mantis


Heavy

Agent000
darth
shiftyP

Snipers

p4wn
royAmazing
dte
scorch


What about as a forum poster?

Kamezorz?
Voldemort?
squad_leader?
Carlos Mencia?

User avatar
ward
Posts: 746
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol
Contact:

Post by ward » October 2013

Sears wrote:
FLuXXuHH wrote:As a rifle

SinistR
Slip
Diecast
Cyan007

Light and or 3rd

Profiction
WindiaN
Mantis


Heavy

Agent000
darth
shiftyP

Snipers

p4wn
royAmazing
dte
scorch


What about as a forum poster?

Kamezorz?
Voldemort?
squad_leader?
Carlos Mencia?


Jello for his spoiler Gotfrag trolling antics before he fell off the face of the earth.

Schmiggs
Posts: 973
Joined: July 2002
Reputation: 0
Clans: uL, 85th, nR, BnG, 3h, |5.o|, csb, NwP, SuaP, mvpz, moi ::, k^3
Contact:

Post by Schmiggs » October 2013

What about corrupt CAL admins?

User avatar
squatta
Admin
Posts: 2890
Joined: June 2002
Reputation: 0
Clans: cXt, blacksheep, 45th, a0tp, 63rd, devil^, em0, ubad, sssx, mvpz, Greasy Dorks.
Contact:

Post by squatta » October 2013

Schmiggs wrote:What about corrupt CAL admins?


Step 1. Put all South American teams into their own league against their wishes.
Step 2. Right before the season starts, delete said league.
Step 3. ?
Step 4. Profit.

The final solution to the cAss question.

User avatar
cassinoroyale
Donor
Posts: 1787
Joined: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: d7, @ NeT, CNB, dW, MVPz, Owned, rr, dodod, iwa, 3h
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Contact:

Post by cassinoroyale » October 2013

Sears wrote:
Schmiggs wrote:What about corrupt CAL admins?


Step 1. Put all South American teams into their own league against their wishes.
Step 2. Right before the season starts, delete said league.
Step 3. ?
Step 4. Profit.

The final solution to the cAss question.


AKA Operation Smelly Bananas haha!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest