Your biggest DOD influences

Old man Dan's treasure trove of ancient artifacts.

Moderator: scorch-

JaGGoNdd
Clans: sAs despise dice[::] teamkyng eximius uKz THUNDER

Your biggest DOD influences

Post by JaGGoNdd » April 2013

So when Ryan was stoned the other day, we had a little conversation while watching a bunch of dod flicks. That convo was in regards to what players we watched over the years, whether in movie or demo form, that had the biggest influence on the type of player we ended up being when we hit our prime. We've all had influences in some way from a player or two over the years (maybe not some of you especially old school guys) and I think it'd be interesting for all of us to mention some of those guys.

For me, this is obviously a much different situation than most, given the fact that I've made or been in the process of making roughly 75 dod movies and therefore watched literally thousands of demos. Along with that I've played each of the 3 classes at the top tier of the game relative to that time so I will list off a couple names for each class along with some of the tactics or whatever I took from those demos and movies.

HEAVIES
Shifty Powers - My biggest influence as a heavy and one of the bigger ones for my overall play style, I made shifypowers 4 as well as a lost project known as the triple threat movie featuring him, bewton and money b. shifty was a very straight forward players, putting frags and aggressive pushes above all else. He always trusted his exceptional aim and reaction time and simply took whatever recoil control he had and made it work. In my random time heavying I always played exactly this way, abandoning the camping and proning to go off and try to find any enemies and leave none behind to tell the story of the 37 damage they were left with (or at least that was my intention most of the time LOL)

MissioN - IMO, one of my most underrated movies was called Stevie vs MissioN, featuring those two players right when mission was hitting his stride and becoming more well known in the community as a top of the line heavy, Madison had excellent recoil control, aim and reaction time and tended to kind of either "crog" (or majl for you newer players) his way through a lot of situations, while resorting strictly to bar/stg sniping or bursting in the mid to long range situations. With my lackluster recoil control, I instantly took notice of this method and applied it to my own style of heavying which made me much more effective overall.

seveN - Joey is plan and simple a fuckin gamer. and he took to dod like a fat kid to doughnuts. Joey has an unreal sense for the game and the intricacies of the heavy class. But most of all, his technical abilities are the most superior there has ever been. EVERY SINGLE BULLET that this guy shoots is going 100 percent exactly where he wants it to go, and that alone is enough for anyone to try and take some notes about. Shit, he even gave mouse setting tips to help the recoil of two guys who went on to be some of the greatest heavies of the post CPL era, Baloo! and ryanemo. ask either of them and they'll tell you that joey harter was what took them from a good player to an elite one.
HONORABLE MENTIONS
zoanth and river - two absolutely amazing european heavies, though some may argue against it for zoanth he had superb aim reaction and recoil, and river was just plain a BEAST

SNIPERS
royAMAZING - This guy right here had by far the largest influence on the way that I sniped, which is become kind of a staple of the way that many snipers play the game nowadays. No longer is it a "sit back and let guys peek you" mentality. While working on the never finished royAMAZING movie, I got to watch 2 season and 2 LANs worth of roy's demos and see the way he had full confidence in his no scoping abilities. He never hesitated to engage opposing rifles in mid range no scope wars, and came out on top many times (which of course is the way i ended up sniping for the duration of my time as a sniper) but maybe the biggest thing I took from him, and one which is criticized sometimes by those who don't see the logic behind this method, was the way roy reacted to another sniper or rifle having the upper hand position on him. An example being allied side of anzio; say roy was in the allied loft and got up there knowing a sniper or a rifle was looking at him from tiki hut with full position on him. Rather than cheater peek over and over again hoping for a shot fired, or just plain slow peeking/crow hopping to go for the shot, roy would ALWAYS fire off a random shoulder peek no scope into that vicinity and instantly be prepared to re peek with his scope up, knowing that he would then have position on the opposing player. That tactic is one of the most useful things I've ever used and ever seen another player use, and the best part come when guys like he and I end up wasting off one of those random noscopes and actually have it hit!

LUKNORTH - this man may be lesser known to many players, but during his brief run from open to cal invite over 2 seasons, luk was one of the most dominant snipers in the game against anyone he played against. Full confidence in his aim and reactions coupled with a pseudo aggressive play style, I learned a lot about the smarter ways to play aggressively as a sniper from his demos (I was going to make him a movie as well but it turned out all of his best clips were already in the gomi movie and DoDealers) anyways, this guy was absolutely astounding to watch and his overall playstyle became mine after going through all of his demos.
edit: something I forgot to mention. A confirmed fact about luk from his time playing dod. joey had screenshots from every scrim, 12man, and match they played. Luk had ZERO negative halves ever. every single time he opened the game and played, he went positive. that's a pretty ridiculous stat, even for someone who was only around for 3 or 4 seasons

RIFLES

DORITO My most famous movie, my most famous movie star, one of my favorite team mates of all time. I had every demo that Bryan recorded from winter 2004 up until the end of the very first (and only) CEVO P season of 2007, 9 seasons of demos plus 4 lans totaling roughly 6 or 700 demos. That process alone is what made me into a top tier invite rifle during my hay day. Even my most consistent stand out performance map, railroad2, was fully learned by watching Bryan due to me going the same routes as him on the aforementioned map (kar apartments, garand ticket) What can't this guy do? I learned EVERY ONE of my technical rifling abilities from Bryan's demos. His strafe, his pre aim, his garand control, his body awareness for each angle and peek that he takes. All of that coupled with the best AIM in our game's history and top tier reaction time and you've got yourself the indisputable greatest player of all time. I owe about 90 percent of my rifling ability to this man right here. Not to mention he's the nicest guy you'll ever play with and the smartest team mate to ever have the privilege of having on your squad. Could I possibly be more on the dick? NO. but shit, who isn't on it already?! :D

KELLEN While making the beloved "kellenfulldraft" I got to witness one of the greatest couple seasons of a rifle in dod history as far as pure dominance went. The difference between what I learned from kellen and dorito comes simply from the spots that kellen played and his extensively aggressive playstyle + raw sixth sense for movie clip type killing sprees. Karring double windows on anzio, karring straight through middle on harrington rather than back alley, kar/garanding mid on harrington, I learned all of those spots from kellen rust. Not to mention many of my "sweet spots" on a lot of maps were spots that I picked up on from him (the old crouch hop spot next to white steps on harrington) as well as the spam spots all over anzio plaza on axis side. This guy was the greatest streaker of dod retail history and a whole lot of that rubbed off on me from making his film.

Nuker, An1maL, Jaunty, Jizz - These guys were just the most famous of the absolutely insane class of rifleman that topped the european dod scene for a very long time but they were all absolutely explosive. Aim, reaction time, sense of the game, flashyness, you name it these 3 had it. To this day I still watch all of their movies from time to time to keep some of their more creative play style tactics fresh in my mind.

RIFLE HONORABLE MENTIONS
Bewton, Vasily, An1maL, Jaunty, Jizz - In making movies for these two, the general idea that I picked up from them was just their creative instinct in getting out of tough spots by taking down 3 or 4 enemies at once. Very very tactically creative and always seemed to be able to turn what looks like an automatic death into a 3+ kill movie clip. Two very clever players with a whole lot of upside in reference to the player I turned out to be.

LIGHTS
jaz & Craftydus - These two were just the most famous of the absolutely insane class of lights that topped the American dod scene for a very long time but they were all absolutely explosive. Aim, reaction time, sense of the game, flashyness, bling, you name it these 2 had it. To this day I still watch all of their movies from time to time to keep some of their more creative play style tactics fresh in my mind.

OVERALL HONORABLE MENTION
Lucas Eckman
Just when I was hitting my stride and emerging as one of the top players in the game, I had the wonderful privilege of playing with a dod legend, mister lucas eckman. He and I discussed at much length the ins and outs of dod. Each and every class, different strategies for each route on each map. And the most important thing he ever told me, after playing some matches and scrims with me on uKz. and I quote "You have absolutely astounding aim and reaction time, yet I see you camp in corners and hide like you're scared to peek these other players who just don't have the raw ability you do. If you trust your aim and reactions and take the peek, even on someone who has the upper hand on you, you're gonna start putting up 40 kill halves on a regular basis"

A couple guys who I didn't mention but that I learned quite a bit from via demos from movie projects or just watching hltvs and gotfrag demos-

scotty too hotty harris aka Bleargh! - right up there in the top 3 or 4 rifles of all time
dan schey aka - Scorch - IMO the best sniper of the post retail era. to me, dan was the only sniper who ever gave me a hard time whether online or on lan (i take nothing away from the other notable guys such as Marshall_D) Dan has flawless aim and unheralded knowledge of the class itself, and on top of that, he can play the other classes at an elite level as well both online and on lan. We've had a few very revealing conversations at LANs about sniping which helped me adjust from being a sniper who was essentially just an aggressive rifle with a scope, to an overall force with the class.
Steve The European sniper of Begrip came across the pond and made a MASSIVE splash at CPL 05. The best EURO sniper of all time without a doubt and definitely equal to scorch, when I took on the project of Steve Eat World 2 I LOVED watching all the demos he gave me. (unfortunately my HD died and that movie got passed on to someone else)
Matt Vazzana - Dyelife - unmistakably one of the best lan rifles of all time in dod during the CPL years
Alex Rubel - ninjuh (IMO one of the 5 best players post retail PERIOD, any class, he was just dominant)
Jordan Fenton - cableguy (IMO one of the 3 best heavies of all time, any incarnation of dod)
John Simpson - Hudson (we kinda came up the ranks together from open to invite but i always admired john's ability to frag mercilessly while still erring on the side of caution when necessary, now he's just our bitch boy. jk love you john)
and of course my war time consiglieres and co leaders of THUNDER since 2007, the other two heads of our 3 headed monster. Ryan Marko - ryanemo (absolutely unstoppable lan heavy with his mixture of balls to the wall aggression and mind numbingly slow play, he hasn't been out performed by a heavy at a lan since he started attending them and has been one of the top 3 online since 2007 as well)
and Jared Munday - toxinator. the best player of our current day and age of dod. we all know what he brings to the table. He's the best third rifle to ever play (with Nick Ward as a very close second) jared has the best aim and reaction time I've ever seen and the best understanding of the game as a whole. he is constantly top fragging as the garand stoss which is unheard of, and really it's just kind of redundant for me to say any of this considering we all know every one of these things first hand lol

I took that advice and went on to 3 lans and 26 other championships since that conversation so, thank you Mr. Lucas!

anyways, obviously no one else is as nerdy as I am or had the gigantic sample size of demos and movie making experience to really go THIS in depth, but I'm very curious to here from everyone out there (especially the newer top tier guys or up and comers) as to what exactly helped to shape their successful strategies and other in game tactics.
Last edited by JaGGoNdd on April 2013, edited 5 times in total.

rolyat
Clans: DRUGS

Re: Your biggest DOD influences

Post by rolyat » April 2013

tr4gik[det] taught me how to run around with no recoil
habib taught me how to win

taylor
Donor
Clans: hh, mindflow, nfc, virgins in flannel, tiltmode, gskiLL

Post by taylor » April 2013

Every single person on gskill pretty much jordan, frank, chuck, taylorG, gaul, travvy. Every single one of them are great at what they do and ive been trying my best to learn from these guys.

kirk
Clans: feat6, aids, x[m], ptm, snowmen, NoGo, GI, 50cal, moNster, te amo, gameslaves, winnfield, koala, iwa

Post by kirk » April 2013

Jules Winnfield. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

taylor wrote:Every single person on gskill pretty much jordan, frank, chuck, taylorG, gaul, travvy. Every single one of them are great at what they do and ive been trying my best to learn from these guys.

*Crosses fingers that this is the most facetious statement of all time*

milo
Clans: Liverpool Football Club

Post by milo » April 2013

Not sure if I have a DoD influence, but when I came back to this game, I learned a couple things off [A!] - HARDCORE

stile
Clans: dpk

Post by stile » April 2013

This is kinda nerdy, but I'll contribute from what I remember. I used to watch a lot of the movies that came out, but have forgotten a lot of them.

From what I remember:
SpecOps
Every pie movie
Shifty Powers
cableguy
ackpth
clone rizzo

edit:
tr4gik. ridiculous.

pie was definitely my hero when I was 14.
Last edited by stile on April 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Polak
Clans: online thunder

Post by Polak » April 2013

I have to say this was an awesome read. I enjoyed it very much and just being reading it kinda put me back in a nostalgic state. I started to think back to when I started playing.

I started off as a sniper and had a gay crush on md and when he won the cpl 04 finals I was smitten. I watched a bunch of his demos when he was on highball but I ended up being a shitty sniper.

I still remember parts of this scrim; my first time trying to rifle was on rr2 and it was a little after winter cpl 04. We were playing llama patrol (right with aether or netherhell etc?) and I stossed/garanded and ended up dropping high 40s both halfs and I was hooked ever since (and then a bunch of cheating accusations started happening, it didn't help eventually being on dying breed)

Anyway, excuse my rant, the rifle I looked "up" to was Ackpth. I was just like, you don't really need fully stop with the rifles and just keep on trying to play the game with roller skates. Oh and I got into At the Drive In because of his Ackpth 4. :|

oh shout out to jgn, corey, frozentruth and kirll for taking the time to teach me the game (duality you too maybe but I'll never let you down for going 0-23 with me on my first dod lan experience) #despise

JaGGoNdd

stile wrote:This is kinda nerdy, but I'll contribute from what I remember. I used to watch a lot of the movies that came out, but have forgotten a lot of them.

From what I remember:
SpecOps
Every pie movie
Shifty Powers
cableguy
ackpth
clone rizzo

pie was definitely my hero when I was 14.

haha matt i fucking LOOOOVED pie's movies. i still try to emulate his style with the heavy from time to time. he basically said fuck standing recoil, im gonna treat the bar like an AK and just burst people across the map. and mr grant specops cody was easily the most random player of all time. his movie was chalk full of nonsensical running and spraying haha soo funny

akiro
Clans: 20id, hb, deadbolt, bubbles, 151

Post by akiro » April 2013

I assumed this would be a one word post withthe word "revo". Oh well, this was the biggest ego stroking post i've read in a long time tho.

JaGGoNdd

nah it was a random idea from a conversation I had a couple days ago. I've had a lot of time on my hands today and decided to make a productive thread on here for nostalgia sake and to bring some positive energy to what has otherwise been full of negativity and trolling between both continents for the last few days. you've just been kind of a trolly type of guy nowadays man, its disappointing. you were an awesome player up to about 2004/5 and do not play the game anymore as far as I know, yet still continue to pop up and throw unprovoked smack talk into threads when you see fit. I've always thought you were a good guy and player so, I'm doing my best to avoid directly insulting you but for christ sake no one said you had to read it at all, so take your complaints to the fl0yd ban thread where they're welcome. THANKS~ <3

Blrsm

Post by Blrsm » April 2013

even though i know i'm subpar to alot of you guys on 1911, the demos that i always tried to watch before matches/to learn routes were always Marko brothers, both of them knew all the tricks and had very competitive and laid back styles, each their own though. Then, for rifles I've always enjoyed watching beas, chicagolegend, and bewton play. All 3 very strategic and amazing rifles. Besides ryan on the heavy, i always enjoyed getting the chance to play with seveN on the heavy. Amazing calls, amazing aim, and all around nice guy. Propaganda was always fun to watch on le sniper also.
Also, many props to my 1st heavy partner MILO<3 for being the 12 year old of the community since you were 13.

lowcarb
Clans: ghadGaming

Post by lowcarb » April 2013

lanman

jordanlakusta

pre-cpl beas

pb

redatticus

the chi brothers

jazzy

post-cpl beas

currently working on a habib/wedo combination of prone

milo
Clans: Liverpool Football Club

Post by milo » April 2013

Blrsm wrote:Also, many props to my 1st heavy partner MILO<3 for being the 12 year old of the community since you were 13.

Eternally 12, and all these new 12 year old's didn't have a hard time like I had back then. I would go into details on what was being said or done to me, but now it's not a time or place to do so.

hildebrand
Donor
Clans: {GSR}, prFnd, rmX., The Gentlemen, mtp, winnfield, |o/, akk!, iwa

Post by hildebrand » April 2013

Nice post Corey. We should throw this in the NOSTALGIA forum thread as that forum is lacking posts!

Ok, so where do I start...

I started out playing on Mamma Jamma's 24/7 Avalanche pub. This pub allowed me to improve right from the get go. Lots of high end players and I remember one day watching ToMoDaK in spectator. I watched his every move with that kar98. Learning to pick up grenades and then throw them. Guy was a legend. He knows how well I speak of him. Hopefully he'll see this. :P

I then made my way onto the {GSR} Budz 2 Brew server where I learned how important teamwork was. I took the name {GSR} Benvolio and I made my way to the top of the leaderboards daily. Top frags, flags, you name it. Working with my fellow {GSR} soldaten to overcome the opposition on any map, you name it, we played that map. From dod_festung to dod_purple, we always won.

I then moved on from {GSR} to enlist in a realism unit called the |17.SS|. They were one of the first realism units to come to the myriad of units to follow. They taught me about leadership, how to lead my squad to victory. From setting up my squad in defensive positions, to leading the attack to overwhelm the opposition, that's what I learned.

After numerous name changes of the |17.SS| to the eventual downfall of the |2.FJR|, I believe someone from CAL noticed my abilities as a DoD prodigy. I remember my first scrim against SNOWMEN on dod_solitude. STEALTH was sniping in that tower and we could not get him out of it. Wave after wave we would get decimated by him. I finally took it upon myself to use the bazooka to get him out of the sniper tower. It was then my job to keep him out of the midhouse. Never once did we have stealth in that tower again. BAZOOKA POWER. Although I believe we lost the scrim, it was 40 minutes of fast paced action which I took a liking too. The way the game should be played.

I watched everyone in 12mans. Learned from everyone. Everything that was demonstrated in front of my eyes, I learned through countless hours of practice. Little spots on the map that you could peak, properly timing grenades, nade glitches, strafing, noscoping, double tapping crouch and then shooting, etc.

I guess I just have to say thanks to all the cheaters in the game. They made me what I am now. Improving my reaction times as they can see me through walls. Helped with my timing of peaks and my unorthodox style of play.

The one player that I can truly pinpoint watching is HABIB. No matter the situation, no matter the team, the guy knew everything there was to every map. He had his timings down to a tee. Knowing when to push, hold back, defend. He was always in the right spot at the right time. He determined how the flow of the game happened. He won matches by himself. Truly a DoD legend.

akiro

JaGGoNdd wrote:nah it was a random idea from a conversation I had a couple days ago. I've had a lot of time on my hands today and decided to make a productive thread on here for nostalgia sake and to bring some positive energy to what has otherwise been full of negativity and trolling between both continents for the last few days. you've just been kind of a trolly type of guy nowadays man, its disappointing. you were an awesome player up to about 2004/5 and do not play the game anymore as far as I know, yet still continue to pop up and throw unprovoked smack talk into threads when you see fit. I've always thought you were a good guy and player so, I'm doing my best to avoid directly insulting you but for christ sake no one said you had to read it at all, so take your complaints to the fl0yd ban thread where they're welcome. THANKS~ <3

If that was in regards to me, i thought it was pretty obvious i was kidding, obviously noone would list revo as an influence lol. I wasn't trying to insult you, i actually like your post and most of your choices. I mean someone could choose revo if you want an influence on what not to do lol.

As far as me playing, i stopped at playing alot at the end of 2005, played a tiny bit in 06 but barely, was gone up until last year when i came back and made 151/ bubbles, and remade deadbolt this season. So i've been playing for the last 3 seasons. I suck now, but i play. As far as the trolling, i make comments in regards to the things ive dealt with in scheduling all of our matches the last 2 seasons, i also was one of the few who didnt say bad shit to you in your thread about your brother being banned. Most people who know me take what i say with a huge grain of salt.

Also the ego stroking part, just because it's true doesnt mean it's bad lol. I guess wht i should of said was, it's nice that people are conplimenting others for once, instead of shitting on other people. I guess in my hurry to type it out at work i went with quick and brash, and ignored the fact that it could be taken badly.
Last edited by akiro on April 2013, edited 2 times in total.

cassinoroyale
Donor
Clans: d7, @ NeT, CNB, dW, MVPz, Owned, rr, dodod, iwa, 3h

Post by cassinoroyale » April 2013

Whoah, that's nice to read indeed. For those of you who might not know I played a little of the good era but given that I opted to play counter strike in a semi professional level I stayed for just a couple of seasons with the local team called d7. I used to follow nPg results and on the top of that I've always thought Day of Defeat being more tactical than cs, with six guys needing to be a the top of their nerves to overcome a tough situation. If you have a shitty round on cs you have many more to sort their play styles out. DoD isn't quite like the since you re spawn in a matter of seconds and have to take decisions constantly whether it's better to push, hold, rotate, camp, nade, flank, cover, etc.

That way, I've always liked teams, and therefore players, that had the ability of lead their teams into victory. I always thought that a team more disciplined tactically would just crush a team based on pure skill (at least on lan, where it really counts, with people standing right behind you watching you play, making you have that little tingling over your fingers in anxiety of a good play not only for your team but for everyone that hope for you dominate - or fail miserably - on lan). I'll list these players following corey's pattern, not listing anyone for the heavy class coz I don't usually heavy nor watched any heavy player demo - tpg disputes doesn't count haha. Anyways, here it goes:

Main inspiration for play style, decisions, positioning, etc:

Scott 'bleargh' Harris

For all the players I watched demos or had the pleasure of playing along side this fella right here exceeded in all always imaginable not only because he is one the nicest persons I've ever talked to in the games I've played but because his in game awareness and knowledge of where to be and what to do at exact times. I've saw many demos of him of leading x6 to victories. And that's why I say lead instead of carry. For me top fragging in this game is necessary but really not necessary if you have 6 guys thinking ways to lock areas down and cap out. This guy right here is the epitome of a team player.

Rifles

Rodrigo 'rodz' Mazurek
Austin 'nomis' Keller
Bryan 'dorito' DeRueda

The first two are natural fraggers, yeah, but they also bring a lot to the table in regards of aggressiveness. Rodz has a more explosive way of playing, trusting in his reactions almost like a cheetah patiently waiting for its prey gets near enough for him to start the chase. Austin in the other hand is because it doesn't matter how tough the match is or how far we are from winning, he remains focused in his game, remaining chill and motivated enough to help his team mates strive for momentum and consequently reversing the situation. Lastly but not least, I don't think I have enough words to describe how awesome is playing along side Bryan. Everything he does seems natural and easy to do, so it really motivates you to try perfecting that peek or that pre shot to the extension of regularity. These 4 are my rifle inspirations, with a great role in what player I become.

Sniper

Guilherme 'storm' Ricci
Dan 'scorch-' Schey
Corey 'JaGGoN' Marko

The first two are the most the methodical and orthodox players I've played along with. They took their responsibility of picking up a class that is usually used to hold areas and improved them to the point where, at their prime, they can literally lock their or any one else's area down effortless. I snipe every once and then and sometimes I have great results, mostly because both of them teached the difference between the shoulder peek and the regular peek itself. This is something that can only be learned playing many times, improving their reaction to the point of anticipating players paths. These guys always are the best for me of putting their scopes right in the player models really frequently. And now what should I say about Corey? The guy who picked up pretty much the lessons of all good players during his long career and improved their techniques to the point of literally know exactly what to do at the given time. I consider him being a Sniper coz most of the demos I watched from him where from him running around no scoping people at mid distance or even picking up a bar in the middle of the floor ending up getting a ridiculously streak with 2, 3 different classes. Oh, not to mention that I think him of a nice guy as well, with a lot common points towards life and world perspectives. Where are my mementos mang?? Haha

Third

Aziz 'ZiNgAuM' Camali
Jared 'toxinatoR' Mundy

My main objective when I play is help my team cap out as many times as possible. I adapt my routes and coordinate my pushes always aiming that. Though I don't feel glad for not having many streaks as most of you online wonders have I feel accomplished for having MANY winning cap outs, ninja caps and cap breaks that helped my teams win important matches. These aren't really movie worthy but I am the one who cares so it's ok for me. Aziz helped me understanding the game flow and how we need to adapt the situation pretty much every second, listening to call, using the minimap correctly, rotating, etc. And tox... Well, he is fucking Toxinator, either the best player of this 'era' or someone who actually is better than ryanemo hiding cheats all this way long. LOL. These guys have me learn that some routes are sometimes more important than others, even though they're not much appreciated for not having much action (or frags) on them. Yet, hell of important.

Honorable mentions

Felipe 'THRASHER' Maggioni - bad player but one my best friends irl
Gabriel 'SillyHand' Travassos - good player and friend, never cheated
Tide 'dagun' Ferrao - good player and friend, sandbags
Breno 'Pdx' Dias - good player and friend, is now retired
Rafael 'pinga1' Cozzi - best player for holding an area ever
Matt 'MoJeRz' Rogers - one the best, in aspects of the word best
Ricky 'rambizzle' Schwkajajaujwnajaaow - coz i don't know how to spell his surname
Sandhir 'milo' Sidhu - lololol @ his name... love you brosef
AJ 'NuGz' Do - sucks pretty much always... lololol jk
Ben 'InSaNe' Riopelelle - smart guy, pineapples
Nick 'npatten' Patten - smart guy, likes to outsnipe everyone
Scott 'ko' Gordon - poop
Trevor 'swiss' Ede - one the nicest persons I've ever played/talked with
Kobe 'shogun' Richard - is breaking double caps atm
Ryan 'ryanemo' Marko - destroyed euros with me
Jarrod 'jrod' Lord - ninja zombie captain
Ryan 'jules' Morin - ninja zombie entry fragger
Alex 'papa winfield' Kirk - ninja zombie mentor
Frank 'greetz' Lawrance - ninja zombie rookie
Levi 'ceebz' Kiste - soundwhore dork

Wheew... finally, wrote all this shit out of my mobile. Pointing my broken english typos is just too cliché so move on with it.

Pz.

akiro

As far people.......

Max
Strife
Plex
Ward
Bleargh
Profiction

Are the names i always remember

Ill add to this when i get home and can find my old ss's

blech
Clans: iwa, mtp, miLe, Twisted[D], moNster, MOFOZOMBIEZ, Detox, SKoM, slow loris, [DOS], [k-2]

Post by blech » April 2013

cassinoroyale wrote: Austin in the other hand is because it doesn't matter how tough the match is or how far we are from winning, he remains focused in his game, remaining chill and motivated enough to help his team mates strive for momentum and consequently reversing the situation.

LOL. Since when is Austin calm? All he does is complain about bad reg and much everyone's bullets seem to miraculously hit him instead of everyone else.. Dude could have 40 kills and still complain about not hitting people! <3

cassinoroyale
Donor
Clans: d7, @ NeT, CNB, dW, MVPz, Owned, rr, dodod, iwa, 3h

Post by cassinoroyale » April 2013

blech wrote:
cassinoroyale wrote: Austin in the other hand is because it doesn't matter how tough the match is or how far we are from winning, he remains focused in his game, remaining chill and motivated enough to help his team mates strive for momentum and consequently reversing the situation.

LOL. Since when is Austin calm? All he does is complain about bad reg and much everyone's bullets seem to miraculously hit him instead of everyone else.. Dude could have 40 kills and still complain about not hitting people! <3

It really depends nathan! Austin rage is pretty much 'oh I'm so bad at this game' or 'ohhhhh I suck' lol.. dude is awesome

blech
Clans: iwa, mtp, miLe, Twisted[D], moNster, MOFOZOMBIEZ, Detox, SKoM, slow loris, [DOS], [k-2]

Post by blech » April 2013

cassinoroyale wrote:
blech wrote:

It really depends nathan! Austin rage is pretty much 'oh I'm so bad at this game' or 'ohhhhh I suck' lol.. dude is awesome

Haha, yeah! It's usually emo-rage. :mrgreen:

rehpyc
Clans: compLexity, LATELATELATE, THUNDER, gskiLL

Post by rehpyc » April 2013

I watched Jaggon as a sniper and rifle and learned everything not to do.

nik
Clans: f33st

Post by nik » April 2013

This list will be random and related to all kinds of stuff, game, movies etc.

My cousin tr1g (UAF, FLH, TWR2) , who played dod before me and got me into this game and also made my first movies. Thx alot, your the reason for me wasting 10 years of my life on this game. Who knows what I would have accomplished by now had I not started online gaming.

Hn. I only played 3.1beta for some months, maybe even some weeks. But I watched his movies all the time. He used to be the example for all noobs in euro dod. Even when retail was allready released.

Swisha: because to have a friend that passes away that you only know through a online game and many latenight chat conversations is just weird and confusing. Emotionally it cannot be compared to knowing people in real life, but I did feel responsible in a way and I did know many things about his life and considered him a friend nonetheless. Not the greatest influence on my playstyle or anything, he was not the greatest dod player. But one of the greatest persons in the game that I knew at the time, never mad always cheerful etc...

As in players I looked up to. This could be anyone that played the game in europe in 2003-2005. Back when I was even worse than I am now and I looked up to people in better clans. I was always a lazy person and I only spectated clanbase finals etc. Clans like unplugged, TWR, HIID, SaH, dw, zp!, etc. I would always spectate players like an1mal , steve, nuker, jaunty, Zoanth, oh well the list goes on. And let's not forget the danish, who managed to win many nationscups at the time, kami, bossegiraf, mutley etc.

MD and clone rizzo for making the best dod movie ever!

shiftypowers and whoever made the cplwinter04 vid for confincing me to make all my movies <5 mins and fast-paced. This is of no real significance, but influenced how I edited my own movies I guess.

I don't know much about NA dod. Getting up at 4am to play cal was never my thing. I did spectate some of the cpl games and was very impressed by x6 and col at the height of their game.

I guess wallu showed me how to play smart when i was watching his demo's for some short movies I did. Too bad I never managed to copy this in my game.

In 2005-2007 or so countles others showed me how to quit this game. Again I failed :/. This period did mark an end for me in a way. Dod was in decline and from then on I only played for fun. Not many big influences etc since, just doing what I always did and I guess doing what I like. No need to improve really, nothing to win, same bad gear/setup, still playing to win though.
Last edited by nik on April 2013, edited 3 times in total.

Swiss
Clans: youngguners, super, bTw, DumbledoresARMY, iwa

Post by Swiss » April 2013

I've really only been on the dod competitive scene for the past 4 years but I've been playing this old game since it came out on retail in 2003 (remember my dad bringing home the Halflife set). Played with my bro in pubs, switching off every few deaths (LOL). We would always play in the Stormtroopers {$T} pub and met Chris "Kaboom" (then "Brain") Coventry there, making it into the prestigious CAL Warmup Squad....{CwS} represent! I went in and out of leagues (TPG, IGL, CAL) playing with Pantheon and other clans but stopped playing the game for periods of time. Whether I was playing that much or not, I would still spec players and watched frag movies growing up.

Marshall: I remember watching LOTG and seeing him play with that type of precision and pace. Seeing a sniper play at the highest level against some of the greatest players during the CPL era was an amazing thing for me. His demos from the anzio match at CPL was one of the best ones I've watched. Learned to pick up on all the spam spots (ladder window from pizza, crack, mid..etc) and also positioning. He was probably my favorite sniper to play the game.

Money B: What I loved about watching him was the speed that he played with: his reaction times, movement, flick shots..etc. It was that exciting style of play that I really started to appreciate. In general, what struck me was how different he played compared to the "typical" sniper class: his play-style wasnt restricted and instead much more fluid.

JaGGon: Talk about free flowing play-style. It's always exciting watching Corey play, whatever class, but for me as a sniper, I really enjoy it. Loved watching his movies ("JaGGon vs. Que" and others). Watching Corey actually using no scoping as a legitimate threat has been something I've always liked and try to use more often (and then theres time when I feel like I hit those shots more often than the normal ones...). And the no scope peak is something I noticed and started to do after watching him.

Scorch: The "El Scorcho" movie was one of my favorites. Again seeing the decision making when to push forward, pick up another gun and turn it into a long streak. Always remember that throwback nade on harrington lol.

OH....and the God that is Wallu

Others:

Bewton: I remember watching Brandon's demos/movies before I ever played with him. Then after I was able to play with him for several seasons, I saw just how amazing he was as a player and a teammate. He has this uncanny ability to get out of tough places and make clutch plays when we need it most as a team (ie. last 30 secs in finals vs. THUNDER a couple of seasons ago). And hes one of the coolest guys I've met.

Habib: He had a big influence on me because playing on his team, bTw, in CEVO was the first major team I played with at a high level of competition. I had gone several years of playing dod off-and-on in leagues, but talked to him and ended up on his team. It was a great experience - learned strategy from him and how to win as a team on that level.

TillJim: I remember being on bTw and sitting in vent with him talking about strats, spam spots...etc. Learned alot just chatting about everything.

Shoutouts to sevEN, austin, shogun, some of the best guys and teammates I've had in this game. also, mike (twostoryhouse), and the best brazi i know, cass <3

lolinus
Clans: family #widf

Post by lolinus » April 2013

Striker "stayouttamalibu/jetty" Eastw00d.

mike
Clans: bTw, Legion, FLAWLESS, NastyVAG, MVPZ, angryface

Post by mike » April 2013

Habib and TillJim first when I joined Legion/bTw. They pretty much showed me the ropes. I met Pat and Corey after where we talked about sniping over vent one day and Corey sent me some demos that I actually found just recently.