Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Old man Dan's treasure trove of ancient artifacts.

Moderator: scorch-

sevEN
Posts: 1138
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by sevEN » August 2014

tofumaN - sniper
dorito - rifle
kellen - rifle
strifetoe - rifle
cableguy - heavy
MaX - heavy

honorable mentions:
scorch, deadbeat, bleargh, DR, ProFiction, ninjuh, ackpth, oxossi, toxinatoR, cypher, jules_winnfield










































































































Image

User avatar
ward
Posts: 746
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol
Contact:

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by ward » August 2014

WAIT. WHERE'S JAGGON? WTF?

tugger
Posts: 386
Joined: May 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: HYH, zeroethics, 22e, osK, iCON, NASTYvag

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by tugger » August 2014

I dont see tonymontana on that list... it must be wrong

sevEN
Posts: 1138
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by sevEN » August 2014

ward wrote:WAIT. WHERE'S JAGGON? WTF?


jaggon won some many championship rings, that putting him into this starting 6 category would have been an insult to him and his greatness.

tugger wrote:I dont see tonymontana on that list... it must be wrong


tugger, this is the greatest ever list. this is not the least talented and biggest loser that dod has ever seen list because he definitely made that starting 6. it includes flux, rws, sp3c-bullet, super dave, tonymontana, and still debating on the final starter to that team.

cassinoroyale
Donor
Posts: 1795
Joined: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: d7, @ NeT, CNB, dW, MVPz, Owned, rr, dodod, iwa, 3h
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Contact:

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by cassinoroyale » August 2014

nt joey but we all know that an all time team of yours would have Luk^North ;)

#PZL8JETTY

Hudson`
Donor
Posts: 420
Joined: February 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: cc, 38th, v!, 0|K, THUNDER
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by Hudson` » August 2014

#nope

sevEN
Posts: 1138
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by sevEN » August 2014

cassinoroyale wrote:nt joey but we all know that an all time team of yours would have Luk^North ;)

#PZL8JETTY


henry is the only sniper i'd take over luk

ComptonAssTony
Posts: 202
Joined: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: CrazyNiceGuys, General Infantry, dtH?, h8, Laudable, NoGo, onlineTHUNDER
Location: SoCal

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by ComptonAssTony » August 2014

Rifles: strifetoe, toxinatoR, bleargh!
Supports: ninjuh, Profiction
Sniper: JaGGoN

7th man: Tony Compton

User avatar
squatta
Admin
Posts: 2905
Joined: June 2002
Reputation: 0
Clans: cXt, blacksheep, 45th, a0tp, 63rd, devil^, em0, ubad, sssx, mvpz, Greasy Dorks.
Contact:

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by squatta » August 2014

sevEN wrote:tugger, this is the greatest ever list. this is not the least talented and biggest loser that dod has ever seen list because he definitely made that starting 6. it includes flux, rws, sp3c-bullet, super dave, tonymontana, and still debating on the final starter to that team.


dreN

akiro
Posts: 490
Joined: July 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: 20id, hb, deadbolt, bubbles, 151

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by akiro » August 2014

no mention of marshal or plex?

Theworst
Posts: 596
Joined: September 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: ~Casual // Critical Mass // Exodus // Gentlemens Club // Midwinter // Duality~
Location: Guelph, ON

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by Theworst » August 2014

Sears wrote:
sevEN wrote:tugger, this is the greatest ever list. this is not the least talented and biggest loser that dod has ever seen list because he definitely made that starting 6. it includes flux, rws, sp3c-bullet, super dave, tonymontana, and still debating on the final starter to that team.


dreN


illusion[dt]

rolyat
Posts: 276
Joined: May 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: DRUGS
Contact:

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by rolyat » August 2014


sevEN
Posts: 1138
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by sevEN » August 2014

akiro wrote:no mention of marshal or plex?


you can't put them all in. in my opinion, when it comes to snipers in this game, it was tofuman and scorch. the rest are just fighting for second best.

funny you mentioned plex because he actually did run through my head. although when i played with him it was after his glory days. and marshal.. i was never big on marshal. i also heard from a sniper that i trust that he was worthless when trying to snipe against the other team's sniper which is the objective most of the time. So for a guy to take his sniper rifle and pick off stg's running around from across the map... not a fan. but in the end, there is no formidable argument for any sniper to be placed above henry or scorch so.... putting too much thought into that part of the starting 6 is pointless

i did have a tough time with the heavies though. and i wanted to do a true 3rd rifle spot on the team, with someone like fusion/docano/tox/ward, but couldn't choose 2 between dorito/kellen/strifetoe lulz

actually, i think the toughest decision i had was whether or not to place jules_winnfield among the starting heavies. that war within me raged on and on through the night until i finally hit submit on this forum thread.

sevEN
Posts: 1138
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by sevEN » August 2014

ComptonAssTony wrote:Rifles: strifetoe, toxinatoR, bleargh!
Supports: ninjuh, Profiction
Sniper: JaGGoN

7th man: Tony Compton


you know, if i had to pick the #1 player ever, it could be ninjuh. largely because of the fact that he was very close to being the heavy on my list, but also pretty damn close to being one of the rifles also. if i had to make a 2nd and 3rd team, he would be 2nd team heavy and 2nd or 3rd team rifle. he was THAT good with the rifle. and i saw it first hand while playing on a team w/ him. it made me wonder why he heavied for so many years.

ComptonAssTony
Posts: 202
Joined: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: CrazyNiceGuys, General Infantry, dtH?, h8, Laudable, NoGo, onlineTHUNDER
Location: SoCal

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by ComptonAssTony » August 2014

sevEN wrote:
ComptonAssTony wrote:Rifles: strifetoe, toxinatoR, bleargh!
Supports: ninjuh, Profiction
Sniper: JaGGoN

7th man: Tony Compton


you know, if i had to pick the #1 player ever, it could be ninjuh. largely because of the fact that he was very close to being the heavy on my list, but also pretty damn close to being one of the rifles also. if i had to make a 2nd and 3rd team, he would be 2nd team heavy and 2nd or 3rd team rifle. he was THAT good with the rifle. and i saw it first hand while playing on a team w/ him. it made me wonder why he heavied for so many years.


ninjuh is way underrated imo. no one really remembers him as an elite because he did crazy shit like taking a BAR to train on rr1 and rr2 and constantly rushing mid on harry with an stg. the thing was he locked down that part of the map and allowed his team to focus elsewhere.

User avatar
ward
Posts: 746
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol
Contact:

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by ward » August 2014

Ninjuh was only underrated to the people who never played against him. He was well-known as the best player on a shit team (dgf).

cassinoroyale
Donor
Posts: 1795
Joined: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: d7, @ NeT, CNB, dW, MVPz, Owned, rr, dodod, iwa, 3h
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Contact:

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by cassinoroyale » August 2014

From what I saw in demos:

Rifles: dorito, bleargh
Third: ward
Heavy: ninjuh, shiftypowers
Sniper: scorch

Played along with / against

Rifles: dorito, jaggon
Third: toxinator
Heavy: hxc, ryanemo
Sniper: motive

theshizznasty
Posts: 61
Joined: January 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: too many

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by theshizznasty » August 2014

rifles:
game/emc
duality
untouch@ble

Sniper:
vith/ lars`

Heavies:
the_shizz
balo0

devin-
Posts: 242
Joined: September 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: Illuminati, 文, nerdvirg, {PC}, sunnyville, gskill

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by devin- » August 2014

RIFLE : taylorgraf-widf-
RIFLE : greetz
3rd : beas
SNIPER : wallu
HEAVY : milo
HEAVY : cableguy

User avatar
CeebzMom
Posts: 52
Joined: October 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: taking care of levi!

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by CeebzMom » August 2014

cassinoroyale wrote:From what I saw in demos:

Rifles: dorito, bleargh
Third: ward
Heavy: ninjuh, shiftypowers
Sniper: scorch

Played along with / against

Rifles: dorito, jaggon
Third: toxinator
Heavy: hxc, ryanemo
Sniper: motive


An informant sent me to bring to attention the blatant ballriding seen in this post.

akiro
Posts: 490
Joined: July 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: 20id, hb, deadbolt, bubbles, 151

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by akiro » August 2014

And now to draw scorch out




Team: 6 darkhorses



;)

knockout
Posts: 1104
Joined: March 2012
Reputation: 3
Clans: gomi - dicE - revamped - dodod - gskiLL
Contact:

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by knockout » August 2014

sniper: kind of interchangeable between dan/henry. dan is better at never missing a shot in the right spot. henry is better at piling up the kills. dan had a much better team, so henry had to frag more. on a "best team ever in the world ever" it really wouldn't matter. i'd pick dan because i felt he was a better all around teammate. but i never played a whole lot of dod with henry

rifles: deadbeat #1, dorito #2, and then ward or docano as the 3rd. because class limits. i may like fusion more, because he'd use the mp40 in spots where it was better (anzio)

heavies: really hard not to pick coL.chaos here. Assuming we're limiting ourselves to mortals, I'd go with ninjuh and max. I may be picking max here because he's my friend. but it's hard to not pick him after how he completely dominated CPL 2005. His K:D was higher than most snipers if I remember correctly. because I didn't actually answer the question for the first two classes, I'll add some other names for heavies. cableguy and profiction were also right there

sevEN
Posts: 1138
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by sevEN » August 2014

knockout wrote:sniper: kind of interchangeable between dan/henry. dan is better at never missing a shot in the right spot. henry is better at piling up the kills. dan had a much better team, so henry had to frag more. on a "best team ever in the world ever" it really wouldn't matter. i'd pick dan because i felt he was a better all around teammate. but i never played a whole lot of dod with henry

rifles: deadbeat #1, dorito #2, and then ward or docano as the 3rd. because class limits. i may like fusion more, because he'd use the mp40 in spots where it was better (anzio)

heavies: really hard not to pick coL.chaos here. Assuming we're limiting ourselves to mortals, I'd go with ninjuh and max. I may be picking max here because he's my friend. but it's hard to not pick him after how he completely dominated CPL 2005. His K:D was higher than most snipers if I remember correctly. because I didn't actually answer the question for the first two classes, I'll add some other names for heavies. cableguy and profiction were also right there


i would say you have to either have dan or max on the team. i put max in there because i picked henry to snipe. if i picked dan to snipe, i might have stuck ninjuh in there to heavy with cableguy.

You need that 1 in-game leader who will make sure everyone is always in the right spots. both max and dan are that guy.

having both isn't too bad either lol.

Beas
Posts: 531
Joined: November 2011
Reputation: 4
Clans: Highball, TEC, pandemic, 63rd, 85th, nG, mvpz, k^3

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by Beas » August 2014

At least one of you is smart so far^_^

Beas
Posts: 531
Joined: November 2011
Reputation: 4
Clans: Highball, TEC, pandemic, 63rd, 85th, nG, mvpz, k^3

Re: Your greatest starting 6 of all time

Post by Beas » August 2014

Dan is a beast sniper the only sniper I'd pick ahead of him is marshal, but Dan has always been consistently top quality also through all stages of dod and matches that with being one of the best team players too.

I'd put
Rifles
Me
Animal
Hn/dorito/kellen

Sniper
Marshall/dan

Heavies
Cableguy
Ninjuh/shiftypowers/max

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests