considered cheating?

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: gloin, scorch-, darkrabbi, squatta, mogers

eLy
Clans: By Invite Only, [7thAIF] alliedarmy [AA]

considered cheating?

Post by eLy » November 2012

ok First, you have a mouse and a mouse pad with no hacks in the backround but you hold your mouse against the mouse pad in a certain way to reduce recoil. Is this considered cheating :?:

Yaso

Re: considered cheating?

Post by Yaso » November 2012

eLy wrote:ok First, you have a mouse and a mouse pad with no hacks in the backround but you hold your mouse against the mouse pad in a certain way to reduce recoil. Is this considered cheating :?:

motive
Clans: mafia, online thunder, axxium/50cal, 3h/LcM, mvpz, dodod

Post by motive » November 2012

wtf does this even mean

you mean like holding your mouse off the pad a little and angling it so the cursor moves down?

eLy

Post by eLy » November 2012

yea something like that

acetamino

Post by acetamino » November 2012

mike
Clans: bTw, Legion, FLAWLESS, NastyVAG, MVPZ, angryface

Post by mike » November 2012

acetamino

Post by acetamino » November 2012

no it's not, ely. I think most people define cheating as launching an .exe or editing sprites to make them clear.

scorch-
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod

Post by scorch- » November 2012

acetamino wrote:no it's not, ely. I think most people define cheating as launching an .exe or editing sprites to make them clear.

or binding multiple actions to a single key.

avenger
Donor
Clans: cosa, devil, hb, ve, insg, 38th, GiMP, ptm, seclusion, dgf, romantic tragedy, [?], MVPz, SaB, NB*

Post by avenger » November 2012

or cheating.

theshizz
Clans: voa ngw eximius n2p l2r GLOCK >:-|

Post by theshizz » December 2012

Jakimo
Clans: l2r . , Jim's|, FurY, ( s )ttR., sQ, HH, vVv

Post by Jakimo » December 2012

fuck ive met gingers less pale then that kid.

Rambizzle
Clans: high.p, 3h, h8, LP^, jetty

Post by Rambizzle » December 2012

taylor
Donor
Clans: hh, mindflow, nfc, virgins in flannel, tiltmode, gskiLL

Post by taylor » December 2012

Rambizzle

I don't know who the fuck nik is, but prepare you anus for the neg you phaggot.

meekrab
Clans: tap, ENE, emo, |o/, toggle

Post by meekrab » December 2012

scorch- wrote:
acetamino wrote:no it's not, ely. I think most people define cheating as launching an .exe or editing sprites to make them clear.

or binding multiple actions to a single key.

Wait so having timeleft bound to all my movement keys is cheating?

Apparently I've been cheating at dod since 2005. :shock:

hildebrand
Donor
Clans: {GSR}, prFnd, rmX., The Gentlemen, mtp, winnfield, |o/, akk!, iwa

Post by hildebrand » December 2012

mare
Clans: bst, Plan-B, DaNiNjA, beyond, freshJIVE, FLATout, GLOCK, 151

Post by mare » December 2012

Please contact FLATout//ceebz for all questions and concerns regarding recoil.

nik
Clans: f33st

Post by nik » December 2012

Rambizzle wrote:I don't know who the fuck nik is, but prepare you anus for the neg you phaggot.

seriously, this rep system is so flawed. I never used it before and I decided to give you +rep.
How the hell should I know that results in -rep . because my rep is negative ???
I just tried negging someone and he got +40 rep. How does this make sense?

ps. Good job on taking the time to hunt down my threads just to neg me. Sadface.

Rambizzle

hmmmm. I didn't know about the said rep flaw, I offer you a truce.

nik

I accept

I am sort of amazed by this thread. I have seen people who tweaked their. x and y axis sensitivity to control recoil and really felt this was sort of cheating. Although I would never use that myself incase I picked up a rifle or something. The thing I always wondered was (and this is focussed on euro dod). How did River (from u!, BC etc) control his recoil. If you watch movies of other hvys such as zoanth or nb it looks normal. But river looks totally different. Like norecoil. Cursor barely moves vertically.

What was his secret. Maybe also x y axis tweaking , or script (although many will say, no he did this on lan too) or some technique like you mentioned. Maybe you should explain it more because I don't really get it.
The idea that something like this would be a cheat seems far fetched. Most things related to hardware I don't consider cheats. Higher gamma on a monitor is acceptable I guess (because there is no standard). Dot on screen I would sort of consider cheating, although I wonder if it would be helpfull. Modifying your mouse in some weird way to control it may be a cheat but I never heard of such a thing. The way you handle your mouse? I don't see how that would be cheating.

An1maL
Clans: unplugged!

Post by An1maL » December 2012

not sure why you're singling out river, i don't agree that his recoil control was any better or worse than any other top heavy of the time....can't see anything but standard recoil control in his movies. like most swedes, he just had high sensitivity and a very steady hand. at the time we were using dodguard which doesn't allow you to change m_pitch or m_yaw so he definitely wasn't doing that

but yes, the OP's question beggars belief.

nik

Not saying he cheats. But I still think it looks totally different than the others.
Watch that Nb ft river movie if you want to see it clearly. In a way I could relate to Nb, Zoanth etc. Not saying I'm on that level. But it felt like they atleast sort of played like me. River did look different. Just my opinion.

Do you know for certain that he used high sensitivity? I always assumed he used very low sensitivity with some giant mousepad. Only explanation I could come up with.

eLy

Post by eLy » December 2012

nik wrote:I accept

I am sort of amazed by this thread. I have seen people who tweaked their. x and y axis sensitivity to control recoil and really felt this was sort of cheating. Although I would never use that myself incase I picked up a rifle or something. The thing I always wondered was (and this is focussed on euro dod). How did River (from u!, BC etc) control his recoil. If you watch movies of other hvys such as zoanth or nb it looks normal. But river looks totally different. Like norecoil. Cursor barely moves vertically.

What was his secret. Maybe also x y axis tweaking , or script (although many will say, no he did this on lan too) or some technique like you mentioned. Maybe you should explain it more because I don't really get it.
The idea that something like this would be a cheat seems far fetched. Most things related to hardware I don't consider cheats. Higher gamma on a monitor is acceptable I guess (because there is no standard). Dot on screen I would sort of consider cheating, although I wonder if it would be helpfull. Modifying your mouse in some weird way to control it may be a cheat but I never heard of such a thing. The way you handle your mouse? I don't see how that would be cheating.

As far as tweaking x y axis around would be cheating I know that but what im talking about is you playing the game moving the mouse on the surface being the mouse pad. Some people might lower their sensitivity to have for faster reaction time or more control of the crosshair when shooting with a heavy. When you move your mouse downward left to right to control recoil you might find it difficult to aim. Notice what motive is talking about:
motive wrote:wtf does this even mean

you mean like holding your mouse off the pad a little and angling it so the cursor moves down?

you gain more control of the rate of fire becoming easier to aim. The way you setup the angle of your mouse and mouse pad is to be comfortable to me but wouldnt that be cheating in a way?
Last edited by eLy on December 2012, edited 1 time in total.

An1maL
Clans: unplugged!

Post by An1maL » December 2012

eLy wrote:As far as tweaking x y axis around would be cheating I know that but what im talking about is you playing the game moving the mouse on the surface being the mouse pad. Some people might lower their sensitivity to have for faster reaction time or more control of the crosshair when shooting with a heavy. When you move your mouse downward left to right to control recoil you might find it difficult to aim. Notice what motive is talking about:
motive wrote:wtf does this even mean

you gain more control of the rate of fire becoming easier to aim.

Ahaha this is fantastic :D perhaps it is your total lack of sentence structure and punctuation, but I still don't have a fucking clue what you mean. are you suggesting you have your mouse resting on the boundary between mousepad and desk? or that you literally raise the mouse off the pad in an upwards direction?

how are either of these suggestions practical and not a complete hindrance? in any case, on behalf of the dod community, I bequeath to you the express permission to proceed with these aiming techniques good sir =)