New DoD update..

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: gloin, scorch-, darkrabbi, squatta, mogers

tenks
Clans: baffleck[dd]

Re: New DoD update..

Post by tenks » April 2013

twist wrote:
calli wrote:Rawinput gives you exactly one-to-one relation between mousemovement and cursor movement. So if putting it to "1" feels akward, it could mean that you played with a bit of acceleration before. Cause that's ultimately what it does, making sure your cursor doesnt accelerate since your mousemovement aint. If that makes sense. Rawinput was an external program that many cs players used to make sure windows didn't use its own acceleration. Since in Win7 it was kinda hard removing it. It wasen't just enought unchecking "Enhance pointer precission".

not the case in my experience. with rawinput set to 0, my cursor movement and mousemovement are identical. with rawinput set to 1, the only apparent difference is an ingame mouse sensitivity about 4 or 5 times higher than rawinput 0.

This. 0 is what it seems like what it used to be like prior to the update. When I set it to 1, which I now kinda like, its way more touchy and sensative.

twist wrote:my stg skips with updaterate 60. solved when switched updaterate to 80.

you should be using a much higher updaterate in general, even prior to the update. Do you have really shitty internet?

you should be at 101

nomis
Clans: moNster, DumbledoresARMY, iwa

Post by nomis » April 2013

twist wrote:my stg skips with updaterate 60. solved when switched updaterate to 80.

put it to 102

An1maL
Clans: unplugged!

Post by An1maL » April 2013

calli wrote:
An1maL wrote:almost all of the changes are really nice, more FPS, better rates and netcode, and everything seems much brighter.

however, am I the only one who's really pissed about the removal of s_eax? now i'm stuck with shitty left/right channel only, instead of 5.1. i'm so confused right now, no fucking clue where people are running at me from. i'm gonna be pretty shit for a while :D (shittier than usual at least)

I enabled EAC in windows(-30dB, Jazz club) and enabled Surround sound (10%) - Try that!

naw, won't help, with eax gone dod is only capable of outputting stereo left/right channels. so, sounds directly in front of you and sounds directly behind you will sound exactly the same now. awesome!

some cs kids are bitching about it aswell on the steam forums

twist
Clans: nD, dNc, vtec, shock&awe, [?], laudable, GI, ostrich, pure, epic

Post by twist » April 2013

tenks wrote:
twist wrote:
calli wrote:Rawinput gives you exactly one-to-one relation between mousemovement and cursor movement. So if putting it to "1" feels akward, it could mean that you played with a bit of acceleration before. Cause that's ultimately what it does, making sure your cursor doesnt accelerate since your mousemovement aint. If that makes sense. Rawinput was an external program that many cs players used to make sure windows didn't use its own acceleration. Since in Win7 it was kinda hard removing it. It wasen't just enought unchecking "Enhance pointer precission".

not the case in my experience. with rawinput set to 0, my cursor movement and mousemovement are identical. with rawinput set to 1, the only apparent difference is an ingame mouse sensitivity about 4 or 5 times higher than rawinput 0.

This. 0 is what it seems like what it used to be like prior to the update. When I set it to 1, which I now kinda like, its way more touchy and sensative.

I cant really render more than 80fps anyway, so that's where I lock it. My updaterate has always matched my fps lock, and it always will.

you should be using a much higher updaterate in general, even prior to the update. Do you have really shitty internet?

you should be at 101

calli
Clans: EZ zOo DEATHCLAN Purple-Haze

Post by calli » April 2013

twist wrote:

I can't say anything about what it's like on your computer, with your sensitivity. All I'm saying is that rawinput is rawinput. Doesn't get any less complicated than that. Thou after the update some people have noticed that the no accel commands in launch options doesnt work.

nhoj

Post by nhoj » April 2013

how to fix so I can open steam friends ingame lol

csgo randomly loads everytime I close dod now

edit: nvm, fixed the steam friends problem, lol

stealthlol
Clans: 4thR, g4n, xm, ptm, snowmen, NoGo, AYEBAYBAY, team99, 3h

Post by stealthlol » April 2013

As someone who skipped 95% of this thread, can someone answer this question:

Am I going to need more than an hour to fix dod before matches on Sunday if I haven't opened the game since semis?

DanJhonson
Clans: |-| |-|, LiK3(-)3oSs, vVv

Post by DanJhonson » April 2013

stealthlol wrote:As someone who skipped 95% of this thread, can someone answer this question:

Am I going to need more than an hour to fix dod before matches on Sunday if I haven't opened the game since semis?

It sorta depends, but I would say it will take at least 10 minutes purely for the conversion process.

Swiss
Clans: Super, bTw, LcM, DumbledoresARMY, iwa

Post by Swiss » April 2013

stealthlol wrote:As someone who skipped 95% of this thread, can someone answer this question:

you can get the major stuff done pretty quickly but ive had to play around with my settings for a while to get it right.

Bibop_^
Clans: ~ EuS# ~

Post by Bibop_^ » April 2013

AlopeX
Clans: 4thR

Post by AlopeX » April 2013

mine still isn't fully correct

nomis
Clans: moNster, DumbledoresARMY, iwa

Post by nomis » April 2013

All you really have to do is the -nofbo launch option, and then get rid of the vsync commands and HD models, then do the mouse commands and probably play around with your sensitivity a bit after. The fps override command is pretty useful too. All the commands you want are written in this thread

scorch-
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod

Post by scorch- » April 2013

So, my game has been really choppy since the update. It feels like network lag where I don't move or anything for .2-.3 secs and then it catches up. Anyone know if that's my settings or server settings or what?

lolinus
Clans: Flawless
D.R.U.G.S
Gskill
#family

Post by lolinus » April 2013

So, my game has been really choppy fps wise since the update. Whenever a grenade explodes it goes down to 60~ fps. And no, my video card is not bad. Other games works fine, just dod.

>not using any HD models
>latest drivers installed
>HD 7770

Ideas?

Swiss
Clans: Super, bTw, LcM, DumbledoresARMY, iwa

Post by Swiss » April 2013

lolinus wrote:So, my game has been really choppy fps wise since the update. Whenever a grenade explodes it goes down to 60~ fps. And no, my video card is not bad. Other games works fine, just dod.

>not using any HD models
>latest drivers installed
>HD 7770

Ideas?

this has happened to me as well. after i adjusted some of the fps settings, its been better but still does it to a degree

AlopeX
Clans: 4thR

Post by AlopeX » April 2013

I've noticed my fps fluctuates a larger amount than before hand too

3SidedQuarter
Clans: -|Ea|-, Tm|, Xtra,( . Y . ), 420th, RL,Ls,475th,IOnly, LAB,38th, Le., Greasy Dorks,[i3]*

Post by 3SidedQuarter » April 2013

getting 500-600 fps without developer is awesome. if your having fps problems make sure you have :
fps_override 1
fps_max "whatever you want"
fps_modem 0

i havent noticed any problems with my fps jumping up and down unless i try to go above 500. keeping it at 3-400 right now and runs smooth and helps with recoil a bit.

scorch-
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod

Post by scorch- » April 2013

So, I figured out my problem. My monitor is a 120 Hz LCD. If I cap my fps at 120 (or a multiple thereof like 240, 360, etc) I don't get the choppiness. I thought that having turned off "wait for vertical sync" would have caused this problem to not exist, but i did have to cap my fps to a multiple of my monitor refresh rate.

acetamino

Post by acetamino » April 2013

-nomsaa

Hopper
Clans: p2o!, {DFH}, #CallMeMaybe, |505th PIR|, {D.D}, unKnown|

Post by Hopper » April 2013

I still have that awful skip with any automatic I use besides the bar. I've messed around with my all my rates and my fps, still can't find the answer.

Smithy
Clans: BAW

Post by Smithy » April 2013

I noticed that my game became choppy after the update. I soon realised that it was mainly due to the game using my desktop refresh rate.

I have my desktop at 60hz, and my game is higher using the -freq in the command line. For some reason the game wasn't picking that up anymore. So I just tried putting my desktop hz to the same frequency (lowering the resolution) as I want on dod and it went back to normal.

I ordered the monitor that you guys were talking about earlier (ASUS 144hz one) and it should arrive today. This will sort the issue out as I'm guessing 144hz is on all of its resolutions? So it wont make a difference what desktop setting I have.

nhoj

Post by nhoj » April 2013

Yesterday I had big problems that my weapon was autofiring when I respawned,and I tked a few in 12mans/pubs when I respawned :oops: :D

Does anyone know how to fix this thing?

CharlieGiteau
Clans: solidworks, pUr/fp^, gddLam, TeamLess, [38th], NB

Post by CharlieGiteau » April 2013

nhoj wrote:Yesterday I had big problems that my weapon was autofiring when I respawned,and I tked a few in 12mans/pubs when I respawned :oops: :D

Its happening to a lot of people, I haven't heard of a fix yet.

Tin Bad
Clans: 187th, nbk, MM, TeamLess, Last Bullet, 38th, nRm¿

Post by Tin Bad » April 2013

I think someone said if you are shooting when you die it sometimes keeps shooting when u respawn or something

jaz
Clans: mia, rbc, devil and dgf

Post by jaz » April 2013

CharlieGiteau wrote:
nhoj wrote:Yesterday I had big problems that my weapon was autofiring when I respawned,and I tked a few in 12mans/pubs when I respawned :oops: :D

Its happening to a lot of people, I haven't heard of a fix yet.

The only thing that stops it is hit the fire button. But as of now there is no real fix that I know of.