thoughts on the draft

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: gloin, scorch-, darkrabbi, squatta, mogers

knockout
Clans: gomi - dicE - revamped - dodod - gskiLL

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by knockout » May 2013

awesome to hear it went well. I'm really sorry to the rapists I picked, but something came up last minute and I couldn't really dick over my buddy, so I had to be afk. That will probably make me not want to be a captain in the future, but the whole process was interesting and a bit of fun, even having not played. huge thanks to 3sidedquarter for showing up even though he wasn't on the top6 on my team, that's awesome of him to fill in. I blame cass for not being able to carry. Glad Corey and his companeros were able to win it

aLpha.cn-[tang]
Clans: [P.L.A.], 9voLt, teamEmU, }{LoL}, Elite -DI-, NoGo

Post by aLpha.cn-[tang] » May 2013

lolinus wrote:Was this more fun than pubbing Caen with andy? In that case, I would not get my expectations up.

WOW. Ubergarand, gunmod, and instant respawn. If only there were parachutes, we'd have a real party.

joeledmunds
Clans: -|BoH|- [STR] [mtan] x[m] NoGo h8 irawr AYEBAYBAY [^p] PENOS [c] younggunners 99 Gw/GTFC 3h

Post by joeledmunds » May 2013

I had a lot of fun in the one match I played. Playing the whole thing in one night is definitely the way things should be done, and not having starters show shouldn't be a big complaint, as it is nice for the lower picks to get some playtime. Overall, I'd say this was certainly the best of these things that I've played in. Wish I'd had a functioning computer with a microphone to play the whole thing, those big gay lovers were great.

nomis
Clans: moNster, DumbledoresARMY, iwa

Post by nomis » May 2013

It was fun, although I think there's something important to consider here...

Don't ever let ck captain, EVER again

That being said, I'm just glad I got to play a match despite being a bit late to the signup, would like to do another one soon and possibly captain this time :)

Hopper
Clans: p2o!, {DFH}, #CallMeMaybe, |505th PIR|, {D.D}, unKnown|

Post by Hopper » May 2013

joeledmunds wrote:I had a lot of fun in the one match I played. Playing the whole thing in one night is definitely the way things should be done, and not having starters show shouldn't be a big complaint, as it is nice for the lower picks to get some playtime. Overall, I'd say this was certainly the best of these things that I've played in. Wish I'd had a functioning computer with a microphone to play the whole thing, those big gay lovers were great.

That was the most fun i've had playing a match in a while, especially fun walling lowcarb in blueroom so many times.

stile
Clans: dpk

Post by stile » May 2013

hopefully i never get drafted. i don't like war.

bullgooselooney
Donor
Clans: {CPD}, [IAM], dgf, [B]add

Post by bullgooselooney » May 2013

I thought it turned out great. I would play again and be captain if need to. I enjoyed playing with my team. We had one not show up for the first match and another who couldn't play the second because of computer issues. Thanks Joel for showing up to play even with no mic and on a friends computer. Hopper who I drafted last stepped up and played great in both matches. Next time hopefully there will be more teams. Defiance finally did something right :o .
Last edited by bullgooselooney on May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

DanJhonson
Clans: |-| |-|, LiK3(-)3oSs, vVv

Post by DanJhonson » May 2013

I thought the draft was great fun, even though I got shit on half the time. :lol:

DD-aftershock
Clans: H3, 187th HK, World of Tanks SWLVS

Post by DD-aftershock » May 2013

lowcarb wrote:i vote that those who didn't show up do NOT get to participate in the next draft except as a ringer...

and that captains who don't show up should be tpg banned for being stupid

I agree Lowcarb with you

DD-aftershock
Clans: H3, 187th HK, World of Tanks SWLVS

Post by DD-aftershock » May 2013

nomis wrote:It was fun, although I think there's something important to consider here...

Don't ever let ck captain, EVER again

That being said, I'm just glad I got to play a match despite being a bit late to the signup, would like to do another one soon and possibly captain this time :)

agree with you about CK i do Nomis

our Team Capt will never be a capt again

shoguNtw
Clans: dgf, slow loris, ta, iwa, legion, super. gsr, flatout

Post by shoguNtw » May 2013

we've had a couple drafts with pretty evenly skilled captains, but i dont remember them being that fun.

lolinus
Clans: Flawless
D.R.U.G.S
Gskill
#family

Post by lolinus » May 2013

aLpha.cn-[tang] wrote:
lolinus wrote:Was this more fun than pubbing Caen with andy? In that case, I would not get my expectations up.

WOW. Ubergarand, gunmod, and instant respawn. If only there were parachutes, we'd have a real party.

Parachutes are weak. It's not near as cool as in band of brothers, they clearly need to update the mod.

I think we should mg on charlie, in one of those bunkers. That's where the fun is.

Jakimo
Clans: l2r . , Jim's|, FurY, ( s )ttR., sQ, HH, vVv

Post by Jakimo » May 2013

was super fun, i like how we were forced to change it up and play with other players against other teams. 2 thumbs up

lowcarb
Clans: ghadGaming

Post by lowcarb » May 2013

enjoyed playing with my whole team -- but it's quite obvious if we had ck instead of austin we would have won.

bullgooselooney
Donor
Clans: {CPD}, [IAM], dgf, [B]add

Post by bullgooselooney » May 2013

lowcarb wrote:enjoyed playing with my whole team -- but it's quite obvious if we had ck instead of austin we would have won.

If we had watch show up you would have won :D

tenks
Clans: baffleck[dd]

Post by tenks » May 2013

3SidedQuarter
Clans: -|Ea|-, Tm|, Xtra,( . Y . ), 420th, RL,Ls,475th,IOnly, LAB,38th, Le., Greasy Dorks,[i3]*

Post by 3SidedQuarter » May 2013

knockout wrote:awesome to hear it went well. I'm really sorry to the rapists I picked, but something came up last minute and I couldn't really dick over my buddy, so I had to be afk. That will probably make me not want to be a captain in the future, but the whole process was interesting and a bit of fun, even having not played. huge thanks to 3sidedquarter for showing up even though he wasn't on the top6 on my team, that's awesome of him to fill in. I blame cass for not being able to carry. Glad Corey and his companeros were able to win it

Wish i could have done better. i had only played maybe 5 mins in the last week and a half. Didnt think i was even going to get to play and found out an hour before but still enjoyed it. Sorry zeon i know i didnt stick my route. lol :mrgreen:

Fifty
Clans: SaB BAW BIO HD

Post by Fifty » May 2013

Even though we lost in round one I had a blast. I feel like the draft is great for the community as a whole, because people are forced to play outside of their usual teams and usual cliques.

One thing that would help in the actual drafting of players would be to have each player in the pool tagged with Heavy/Rifle/Sniper and the TPG division they play in. Would make it a little easier for the captains to build a team.

milo
Clans: Liverpool Football Club

Post by milo » May 2013

<-------heavy/ingameleader

toxinatoR
Clans: THUNDER

Post by toxinatoR » May 2013

I calculated 2 close matches throughout the entire tournament.

knockout
Clans: gomi - dicE - revamped - dodod - gskiLL

Post by knockout » May 2013

milo wrote:<-------heavy/ingameleader

Don't forget primary theoretical strategist