thoughts on the draft

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: gloin, scorch-, darkrabbi, squatta, mogers

knockout
Posts: 1104
Joined: March 2012
Reputation: 3
Clans: gomi - dicE - revamped - dodod - gskiLL
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by knockout » May 2013

awesome to hear it went well. I'm really sorry to the rapists I picked, but something came up last minute and I couldn't really dick over my buddy, so I had to be afk. That will probably make me not want to be a captain in the future, but the whole process was interesting and a bit of fun, even having not played. huge thanks to 3sidedquarter for showing up even though he wasn't on the top6 on my team, that's awesome of him to fill in. I blame cass for not being able to carry. Glad Corey and his companeros were able to win it

aLpha.cn-[tang]
Posts: 379
Joined: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: [P.L.A.], 9voLt, teamEmU, }{LoL}, Elite -DI-, NoGo
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by aLpha.cn-[tang] » May 2013

lolinus wrote:Was this more fun than pubbing Caen with andy? In that case, I would not get my expectations up.


WOW. Ubergarand, gunmod, and instant respawn. If only there were parachutes, we'd have a real party.

joeledmunds
Posts: 1301
Joined: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: -|BoH|- [STR] [mtan] x[m] NoGo h8 irawr AYEBAYBAY [^p] PENOS [c] younggunners 99 Gw/GTFC 3h

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by joeledmunds » May 2013

I had a lot of fun in the one match I played. Playing the whole thing in one night is definitely the way things should be done, and not having starters show shouldn't be a big complaint, as it is nice for the lower picks to get some playtime. Overall, I'd say this was certainly the best of these things that I've played in. Wish I'd had a functioning computer with a microphone to play the whole thing, those big gay lovers were great.

nomis
Posts: 678
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: moNster, DumbledoresARMY, iwa
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by nomis » May 2013

It was fun, although I think there's something important to consider here...

Don't ever let ck captain, EVER again

That being said, I'm just glad I got to play a match despite being a bit late to the signup, would like to do another one soon and possibly captain this time :)

Hopper
Posts: 174
Joined: February 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: p2o!, {DFH}, #CallMeMaybe, |505th PIR|, {D.D}, unKnown|
Location: Mississippi

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by Hopper » May 2013

joeledmunds wrote:I had a lot of fun in the one match I played. Playing the whole thing in one night is definitely the way things should be done, and not having starters show shouldn't be a big complaint, as it is nice for the lower picks to get some playtime. Overall, I'd say this was certainly the best of these things that I've played in. Wish I'd had a functioning computer with a microphone to play the whole thing, those big gay lovers were great.

That was the most fun i've had playing a match in a while, especially fun walling lowcarb in blueroom so many times.

stile
Posts: 1018
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: dpk

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by stile » May 2013

hopefully i never get drafted. i don't like war.

bullgooselooney
Donor
Posts: 187
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: {CPD}, [IAM], dgf, [B]add
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by bullgooselooney » May 2013

I thought it turned out great. I would play again and be captain if need to. I enjoyed playing with my team. We had one not show up for the first match and another who couldn't play the second because of computer issues. Thanks Joel for showing up to play even with no mic and on a friends computer. Hopper who I drafted last stepped up and played great in both matches. Next time hopefully there will be more teams. Defiance finally did something right :o .
Last edited by bullgooselooney on May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

DanJhonson
Posts: 175
Joined: September 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: |-| |-|, LiK3(-)3oSs, vVv

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by DanJhonson » May 2013

I thought the draft was great fun, even though I got shit on half the time. :lol:

User avatar
DD-aftershock
Posts: 152
Joined: September 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: H3, 187th HK, World of Tanks SWLVS
Location: Campbell River BC Canada
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by DD-aftershock » May 2013

lowcarb wrote:i vote that those who didn't show up do NOT get to participate in the next draft except as a ringer...

and that captains who don't show up should be tpg banned for being stupid



I agree Lowcarb with you

User avatar
DD-aftershock
Posts: 152
Joined: September 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: H3, 187th HK, World of Tanks SWLVS
Location: Campbell River BC Canada
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by DD-aftershock » May 2013

nomis wrote:It was fun, although I think there's something important to consider here...

Don't ever let ck captain, EVER again

That being said, I'm just glad I got to play a match despite being a bit late to the signup, would like to do another one soon and possibly captain this time :)

agree with you about CK i do Nomis

our Team Capt will never be a capt again

shoguNtw
Posts: 289
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: dgf, slow loris, ta, iwa, legion, super. gsr, flatout
Location: canada

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by shoguNtw » May 2013

we've had a couple drafts with pretty evenly skilled captains, but i dont remember them being that fun.

lolinus
Posts: 787
Joined: November 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: Flawless
D.R.U.G.S
Gskill
#family

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by lolinus » May 2013

aLpha.cn-[tang] wrote:
lolinus wrote:Was this more fun than pubbing Caen with andy? In that case, I would not get my expectations up.


WOW. Ubergarand, gunmod, and instant respawn. If only there were parachutes, we'd have a real party.


Parachutes are weak. It's not near as cool as in band of brothers, they clearly need to update the mod.

I think we should mg on charlie, in one of those bunkers. That's where the fun is.

Jakimo
Posts: 522
Joined: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: l2r . , Jim's|, FurY, ( s )ttR., sQ, HH, vVv

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by Jakimo » May 2013

was super fun, i like how we were forced to change it up and play with other players against other teams. 2 thumbs up

lowcarb
Posts: 691
Joined: February 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: ghadGaming
Location: Delaware

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by lowcarb » May 2013

enjoyed playing with my whole team -- but it's quite obvious if we had ck instead of austin we would have won.

bullgooselooney
Donor
Posts: 187
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: {CPD}, [IAM], dgf, [B]add
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by bullgooselooney » May 2013

lowcarb wrote:enjoyed playing with my whole team -- but it's quite obvious if we had ck instead of austin we would have won.


If we had watch show up you would have won :D

User avatar
tenks
Posts: 1040
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: baffleck[dd]

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by tenks » May 2013


User avatar
3SidedQuarter
Posts: 158
Joined: January 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: -|Ea|-, Tm|, Xtra,( . Y . ), 420th, RL,Ls,475th,IOnly, LAB,38th, Le., Greasy Dorks,[i3]*

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by 3SidedQuarter » May 2013

knockout wrote:awesome to hear it went well. I'm really sorry to the rapists I picked, but something came up last minute and I couldn't really dick over my buddy, so I had to be afk. That will probably make me not want to be a captain in the future, but the whole process was interesting and a bit of fun, even having not played. huge thanks to 3sidedquarter for showing up even though he wasn't on the top6 on my team, that's awesome of him to fill in. I blame cass for not being able to carry. Glad Corey and his companeros were able to win it



Wish i could have done better. i had only played maybe 5 mins in the last week and a half. Didnt think i was even going to get to play and found out an hour before but still enjoyed it. Sorry zeon i know i didnt stick my route. lol :mrgreen:

Fifty
Posts: 79
Joined: March 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: SaB BAW BIO HD

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by Fifty » May 2013

Even though we lost in round one I had a blast. I feel like the draft is great for the community as a whole, because people are forced to play outside of their usual teams and usual cliques.

One thing that would help in the actual drafting of players would be to have each player in the pool tagged with Heavy/Rifle/Sniper and the TPG division they play in. Would make it a little easier for the captains to build a team.

milo
Posts: 1378
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: Liverpool Football Club
Location: Anfield, Liverpool

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by milo » May 2013

<-------heavy/ingameleader

toxinatoR
Posts: 1211
Joined: February 2011
Reputation: 1
Clans: THUNDER
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by toxinatoR » May 2013

I calculated 2 close matches throughout the entire tournament.

Image

knockout
Posts: 1104
Joined: March 2012
Reputation: 3
Clans: gomi - dicE - revamped - dodod - gskiLL
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the draft

Post by knockout » May 2013

milo wrote:<-------heavy/ingameleader


Don't forget primary theoretical strategist

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests