Computer Help

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: gloin, scorch-, darkrabbi, squatta, mogers

Post Reply
BoxeR
Posts: 128
Joined: April 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: pointcaptured, nerdvirg, dodilluminati, happyhelmet

Computer Help

Post by BoxeR » June 2013

So I have a pretty decent computer.
specs:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Motherboard: G1. Killer Gaming Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7 Cpu @3.20 GHz
Memory: 12.0 GB of 1600 mhz
Video Card: 2 NVIDIA GTX 580 EVGA (sli)

I'm able to run pretty good graphical games with above 60 fps ex. battlfield 3, skyrim, crysis, etc.
But for some reason my computer can't handle dod_donner. I use 120fps max and as soon as i enter mid my fps goes from 120 to 30 mostly staying below 80 the entire time I'm in mid.
example after taking a ss
Image
Can anyone explain why I have no problem with most maps or games but when it comes to dod_donner my computer goes to shit.

blech
Posts: 123
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: iwa, mtp, miLe, Twisted[D], moNster, MOFOZOMBIEZ, Detox, SKoM, slow loris, [DOS], [k-2]
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Computer Help

Post by blech » June 2013

Jesus christ that's bright.

chaos
Posts: 128
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 0

Re: Computer Help

Post by chaos » June 2013

all the sharp edges in mid on donner causes it to clip really bad...its just the map

mike
Posts: 386
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: bTw, Legion, FLAWLESS, NastyVAG, MVPZ, angryface
Contact:

Re: Computer Help

Post by mike » June 2013

Try to disable SLI then try playing donner. If that doesn't work, make sure the following commands are at the right values:
cl_particlefx 0
cl_dyanmiclights 0

milo
Posts: 1379
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: Liverpool Football Club
Location: Anfield, Liverpool

Re: Computer Help

Post by milo » June 2013

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

knockout
Posts: 1104
Joined: March 2012
Reputation: 3
Clans: gomi - dicE - revamped - dodod - gskiLL
Contact:

Re: Computer Help

Post by knockout » June 2013

try turning down your gamma

stile
Posts: 1018
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: dpk

Re: Computer Help

Post by stile » June 2013

cody1g at da top of da list

stile
Posts: 1018
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: dpk

Re: Computer Help

Post by stile » June 2013

dropping kte's for the 20-28

sevEN
Posts: 1138
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Re: Computer Help

Post by sevEN » June 2013

ask beas

nhoj
Posts: 648
Joined: August 2012
Reputation: 0

Re: Computer Help

Post by nhoj » June 2013

You got 2x580 and a i7 cpu and you're only playing dod? waste of money lol

User avatar
Crank
Posts: 145
Joined: February 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: {D.D}, 505th PIR, CallMeMaybe?!, AAC, /= /=, vVv
Location: Surprise, AZ

Re: Computer Help

Post by Crank » June 2013

BoxeR wrote: I use 120fps max and as soon as i enter mid my fps goes from 120 to 30 mostly staying below 80 the entire time I'm in mid.
Image
.



You're not in mid right there though..

chaos
Posts: 128
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 0

Re: Computer Help

Post by chaos » June 2013

sevEN wrote:ask beas


ide deff just go with that..solid advice

scorch-
Moderator
Posts: 1461
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 3
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod
Location: ventura,ca
Contact:

Re: Computer Help

Post by scorch- » June 2013

my guess is some sort of vsync issue if it's dropping to 30/60 fps and not other random numbers in between.

chaos
Posts: 128
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 0

Re: Computer Help

Post by chaos » June 2013

with gamma that god damm high hes probley burning his monitor up

paintball_
Posts: 172
Joined: September 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: versatile !, 1B, illuminati , dicE[: :] , `.=.

Re: Computer Help

Post by paintball_ » June 2013

your gamma is too high

nunz
Donor
Posts: 1022
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: </3 LIVEVIL 38th LAB sb riseabove
Location: Mississauga
Contact:

Re: Computer Help

Post by nunz » June 2013

BoxeR wrote:So I have a pretty decent computer.
specs:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Motherboard: G1. Killer Gaming Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7 Cpu @3.20 GHz
Memory: 12.0 GB of 1600 mhz
Video Card: 2 NVIDIA GTX 580 EVGA (sli)

I'm able to run pretty good graphical games with above 60 fps ex. battlfield 3, skyrim, crysis, etc.
But for some reason my computer can't handle dod_donner. I use 120fps max and as soon as i enter mid my fps goes from 120 to 30 mostly staying below 80 the entire time I'm in mid.
example after taking a ss
Image
Can anyone explain why I have no problem with most maps or games but when it comes to dod_donner my computer goes to shit.


how does one purchase this kind of computer at 13?

defrag
Posts: 336
Joined: October 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: KSP-A, Team.SI, deadboLT, idleyez, |3h|

Re: Computer Help

Post by defrag » June 2013

Real easy fix.

Disable SLI if you want to play DoD.

The game doesn't have an nvidia sli profile, therefore will not properly render evenly across both cards.

scorch-
Moderator
Posts: 1461
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 3
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod
Location: ventura,ca
Contact:

Re: Computer Help

Post by scorch- » June 2013

Seriously? I have no issues with my NVidia cards SLI'd. I think there might be a setting though that would fix that, I recall setting one card to primary PhysX processing...

User avatar
ward
Posts: 746
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol
Contact:

Re: Computer Help

Post by ward » June 2013

I have like exactly the same computer and I have no problems, even with SLI.

defrag
Posts: 336
Joined: October 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: KSP-A, Team.SI, deadboLT, idleyez, |3h|

Re: Computer Help

Post by defrag » June 2013

scorch- wrote:Seriously? I have no issues with my NVidia cards SLI'd. I think there might be a setting though that would fix that, I recall setting one card to primary PhysX processing...


I don't have any issues with mine either, but I had some previous gen 500 series cards that had the same issue he is describing.

Works great on most of the maps, but in certain spots I would dip crazy low.

An email to tech support explained it to me that way.

User avatar
mogers
Moderator
Posts: 1357
Joined: February 2003
Reputation: 1
Clans: rltw, 3h, rwb, ubad, GREASY DORKS, LcM, dgf, le.
Location: Lexington, KY
Contact:

Re: Computer Help

Post by mogers » June 2013

Hey guys, I'm having a similar computer problem. My FPS drops to 30.5 right after the bunker near allies 1 on donner.

Image

Please advise.

crawtona
Posts: 313
Joined: February 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: deadboLT, gg#awfulworks, careface, sadface, nihilist, ez5, zeroethics, [~]

Re: Computer Help

Post by crawtona » June 2013

mogers wrote:Hey guys, I'm having a similar computer problem. My FPS drops to 30.5 right after the bunker near allies 1 on donner.

Image

Please advise.


Try turning up your gamma, not sure how you play with it that dark anyway.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests