#dodrevival

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: darkrabbi, squatta, mogers, gloin, scorch-

TonyMontana
Banned
Posts: 495
Joined: August 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: [-Rs-] -_^KS^_- [420th] -o101- #TeamCanada -o101E- `.=.
Location: Cambridge, ON

#dodrevival

Post by TonyMontana » May 2014

yea yea I know, you hate me with every fibre in your body. Put it aside for ONE SECOND...

Milo brought up a very good point, he basically blamed me for the recent decline in dod interest, which is leading to a death of a game we all love. And he has a very valid point. As much as you faggots hate me, when I turned my back on DoD, 12manning stopped almost all together, and almost immediately. I was doing all the work, I had ties to people in DoD that nobody has ever even heard of, because I never say no to a friend request, I was running the servers, advertising, etc....And it's been about a month now since I've been on to do it and DoD is dead as the idea that tenks looks like Ben Affleck.


How many more seasons would you say we have left at this rate? 3? 4? Less? That's FUCKED. I love dod, and so do you. We need to come up with some constructive solutions to re-vamp the league, or it's gonna be over for all of us, and that's just fuckin' sad. I think it's time now, TPG looks into it's bag of tricks on how to make this league more appealing again.

Think of this point. When/if TPG is dead, who will be left to play dod? Pubbers. Because pubbers just play and have fun and they never get enough. That's the type of attitude I think TPG has to turn to, to make the league bigger. I have a few ideas that I think would help.

Custom skins/models/sounds:
In the before time, this was against the rules because it could possibly lead to an advantage of some kind. DoD is like 10 years old......New skins, new sounds, new models, could help make it "feel" like a new game. We could round up a large number of these, have them reviewed by the league, deemed ok/not ok, and upload it to an FTP with a pw. And that's how we advertise it. "Join TPG. it's free, and upon joining a team, you get a free FTP pw to a ton of custom skins/sounds/models." Even if they don't play, it gets them on a team, and makes them at least think about playing on Sunday. Custom skins, models are something I personally used to make dod more interesting to me, and I think at this point TPG needs to open it's doors to this idea, to create the same effect to those who have lost interest in the same thing after 10 years. Tom Hanks yelling "Cease Fire!" is just too fucking cool.

Ghost teams:
This would be a "last resort" type of idea. Lets say, TPG still isn't doing so hot, even with alot of changes. YES, we would all know its "ghost team vs ghost team" with fake scores and they always miss the playoffs and always play each other.....But to the average person who just looked up the TPG site, that makes them think "Damn, look at all these teams." A dirty trick but.......Dirty times men.

Pub Division:
This is our best chance to bring new players in. A pub division needs entirely it's own set of rules. Because the professionalism in TPG is what drives the average pubber away, TPG has to come up with a way to make a pub division that is monitored closely for all sandbaggers who must be removed. Aswell as a person in charge who can deem offenses major/minor. A very difficult job...I would love it if TPG would allow me to dedicate my time / effort / love / skills to being head admin of such a division, but....Maybe one day.

DoD Russia:
Uhmmm.....DoD Russia is twice the size of our 12-man group. There are recent announcements and everything, I think we need to find a way to lead these russian teams to join TPG much like the foreign teams in TPG that, though they take alot of shit from yankee assholes, basically help us hold the league together. Advertising is the only key to this. I believe I can handle it I just uhmm.......LOL anyone speak Russian? I'm looking for help. But there are teams to be made / played.


Nations Cup:
This was a massive success. Can you believe how many countries came out!? Unreal. In a 10-year old game. We have to do more of these, or something similar in format. TPG MUST starting thinking more about "how do we get new players?" It's time for you veterans to step up and lead by example to save the game you love. Invite new players into TPG, be kind and respectful, and they will find a team to play and and add to the rebuild of the league. DoD players are out there, we just have to make the game appealing to them again.



Anyways, I know it wasa long post but....I walked away for a month to become a league of legends pro
(LoaD[G] Legends of a Dead Game --- LoL team coming soon)
And come back and you losers almost let the game die. But whatever, You have my undivided attention and dedication again. Lets save this fucking game! enough of the mud. Let's do what we can, and take our game back

Tony


* I should also add, I'm doing great, and I'm gonna buy that fantastic dod server I promised the DoD community for 12manning. Enjoy ur reg, and thank me later. Coming Soon to a computer near you.

Can't wait to see more of this again!

knockout
Posts: 1101
Joined: March 2012
Reputation: 3
Clans: gomi - dicE - revamped - dodod - gskiLL
Contact:

Re: #dodrevival

Post by knockout » May 2014

Honestly, at this point, there's no person or group of people to blame. The game is REALLY old. It was old when I played it at my first LAN tournament in 2005, it was older when I played it at WSVG in 2006, and it was even older when I played two seasons in CEVO through 2007. That was seven years ago.

I think the best course of action for people who want to play dod is to look towards the developers. Petition valve to make a new dod game. CS:GO is a pretty strong horse right now, and there's no reason a new approach to a WW2 style game can't be done in the same way. Granted I know next to nothing about the specifics of what I'm talking about, but it seems to be the only logical way to "revive" a video game (or gamestyle) at this point.

TonyMontana
Banned
Posts: 495
Joined: August 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: [-Rs-] -_^KS^_- [420th] -o101- #TeamCanada -o101E- `.=.
Location: Cambridge, ON

Re: #dodrevival

Post by TonyMontana » May 2014

I definitely understand what you mean!

The point is though, do you believe that any of these steps mentioned would lead to the growth of the league? I am entirely ready in all aspects to go FULL - retard and try and save this game. I just want to know, which options are the best, and will have the most backing from the community that remains

Rambizzle
Posts: 1354
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 1
Clans: high.p, 3h, h8, LP^, jetty

Re: #dodrevival

Post by Rambizzle » May 2014

#DOD4CPL
#DOD4CEVO

nomis
Posts: 677
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: moNster, DumbledoresARMY, iwa
Contact:

Re: #dodrevival

Post by nomis » May 2014

TonyMontana wrote:yea yea I know, you hate me with every fibre in your body. Put it aside for ONE SECOND...

Milo brought up a very good point, he basically blamed me for the recent decline in dod interest, which is leading to a death of a game we all love. And he has a very valid point. As much as you faggots hate me, when I turned my back on DoD, 12manning stopped almost all together, and almost immediately. I was doing all the work, I had ties to people in DoD that nobody has ever even heard of, because I never say no to a friend request, I was running the servers, advertising, etc....And it's been about a month now since I've been on to do it and DoD is dead as the idea that tenks looks like Ben Affleck.


Okay. You are definitely not the reason for the decline of dod interest. By the way, not everyone hates you, I like you just fine, but you are nowhere near the reason it is dying. And last. DoD has been dying for almost 7-8 years now. The fact that this game has been able to continue on this long is pretty amazing.. and no matter how much we hate it at times, it's a very fun game. I will keep playing matches and pubbing when I feel like it. I've played this game for over 10 years, and it still is close to my heart. That says something.

ao_
Posts: 379
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0

Re: #dodrevival

Post by ao_ » May 2014

When I logged onto nineteeneleven a few days ago I saw the `Favorite Lan Memories` thread and it reminded me a lot of the last time I saw a few of my old friends. We basically sat around and talked about the old memories we all shared together, it was pretty nostalgic. DoD feels the same way... As much as I have loved playing the game for the amount of time I have, it just isn't the same as it used to be. I think I can speak for a good majority of the community that is left as well. Unfortunately for you Tony, you really joined the community at the very very very very tail end of its lifespan. It is basically like those who don't want to upgrade from Windows XP.

One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.

User avatar
ward
Posts: 746
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol
Contact:

Re: #dodrevival

Post by ward » May 2014

The problem is that DoD has had nothing new going for it for the past 11 years. Due to this, it has not attracted any significant amount of new players and the older ones have slowly quit playing. I think Scott is right....the only real way this game is going to get revitalized would be for a DOD:Go type game to be developed. I would not trust Valve with this though based on their glorious remake that was DoD:Source.

greetz
Posts: 426
Joined: July 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: family

Re: #dodrevival

Post by greetz » May 2014

Just no known competition.

An1maL
Posts: 311
Joined: April 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: unplugged!

Re: #dodrevival

Post by An1maL » May 2014

lol @ russia suggestion, is that even serious? you realise russia has like 9 timezones and will be between like 10-20 hours ahead of you? when are you going to play, 6am on a sunday morning? also I have like 100+ ping to russian servers, meaning you'll have what 250-300 (it will feel even laggier cos your packets are literally going half way round the world).... that'll be fun :D

anyway competitive dod has now totally died in europe, and we've watched it slowly happen since 2005. and while there's people around like you or calli claiming responsibility for "saving" or "killing" it, at most there have been anomalous blips in activity...... the only reason it's dying is just a natural decline in interest in a 10 year old game. as others said the only way to revive it is a new version

paintball_
Posts: 172
Joined: September 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: versatile !, 1B, illuminati , dicE[: :] , `.=.

Re: #dodrevival

Post by paintball_ » May 2014

Needs to be a new dod developed... I wish they'd keep the crouch hop if it ever gets made. I can't stand not having it and the aiming in newer games feels like jello, but i guess that's what you get when the graphics are better.

User avatar
miller
Posts: 41
Joined: July 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: CompLexity, Da NiNjA, [dd], dicE, Pandemic
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: #dodrevival

Post by miller » May 2014

Vegas lan should be the last lan for this game... Ive played this game ever since i was about 15 which was 3.0 I believe, and it doesn't need to go any further; however a CS:GO version of this game properly advertised would be very welcomed. If it doesn't suck as much as source

theshizznasty
Posts: 61
Joined: January 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: too many

Re: #dodrevival

Post by theshizznasty » May 2014

miller wrote:Vegas lan should be the last lan for this game... Ive played this game ever since i was about 15 which was 3.0 I believe, and it doesn't need to go any further; however a CS:GO version of this game properly advertised would be very welcomed. If it doesn't suck as much as source


it would be awesome as far as in game physics, I also think dod 1.3 with some upgraded graphics/ environments/ new maps would be best though. We all know none of this is going to happen no matter how many threads. dod has always been a game that i eventually miss and come back to for a season or two.

i just found that dod promod steamgroup im in, and so are a lot of us.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dodspromod

User avatar
D-bo
Posts: 549
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0

Re: #dodrevival

Post by D-bo » May 2014

Retired so hard mofuckas trynna find me, that shit cray

knockout
Posts: 1101
Joined: March 2012
Reputation: 3
Clans: gomi - dicE - revamped - dodod - gskiLL
Contact:

Re: #dodrevival

Post by knockout » May 2014

D-bo wrote:Retired so hard mofuckas trynna find me, that shit cray


Became a full-time pretend UCLA student.

The Bear
Posts: 176
Joined: February 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: {GSR}, xoxoxo, ~[=], [38TH], [92DT]

Re: #dodrevival

Post by The Bear » May 2014

What if next season was a draft season. Even out the playing field and create one division.

Quikey
Posts: 107
Joined: July 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: .

Re: #dodrevival

Post by Quikey » May 2014

The Bear wrote:What if next season was a draft season. Even out the playing field and create one division.


Even if it does even things up for the majority of the community, I don't really like the idea of playing with random people for more than 1 night. I like the team I'm on because I'm friends with them, and we're all ok with being fucking horrible at this game and losing every match. I couldn't imagine playing with people that were really trying to win, or even worse, raging in vent (unless playing SAs, that shits ok by me). Imagine people like me being put with people who are really good and competitive and losing all the time. It'd completely turn me off from playing.

User avatar
DD-aftershock
Posts: 152
Joined: September 2012
Reputation: 0
Clans: H3, 187th HK, World of Tanks SWLVS
Location: Campbell River BC Canada
Contact:

Re: #dodrevival

Post by DD-aftershock » May 2014

An1maL wrote:lol @ russia suggestion, is that even serious? you realise russia has like 9 timezones and will be between like 10-20 hours ahead of you? when are you going to play, 6am on a sunday morning? also I have like 100+ ping to russian servers, meaning you'll have what 250-300 (it will feel even laggier cos your packets are literally going half way round the world).... that'll be fun :D

anyway competitive dod has now totally died in europe, and we've watched it slowly happen since 2005. and while there's people around like you or calli claiming responsibility for "saving" or "killing" it, at most there have been anomalous blips in activity...... the only reason it's dying is just a natural decline in interest in a 10 year old game. as others said the only way to revive it is a new version



the russians are more interested in playing World of Tanks and world of warplanes than most other games right now .... i know i play world of tanks and they have a test server that comes out before the next update and if you look at any battle 99 % are russians playing and the rest are either EU or NA players which are few and far between .... so for Russian players to play this game ... it would have to take over #1 spot away frrom world of tanks

kirk
Posts: 2436
Joined: February 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: feat6, aids, x[m], ptm, snowmen, NoGo, GI, 50cal, moNster, te amo, gameslaves, winnfield, koala, iwa
Contact:

Re: #dodrevival

Post by kirk » May 2014

ao_ wrote:One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.

ao_ wrote:One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.

ao_ wrote:One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.

ao_ wrote:One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.

ao_ wrote:One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.

ao_ wrote:One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.

ao_ wrote:One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.




































































































ao_ wrote:One simple fact remains... this community died when Alex Kirk ceased turning every thread into a discussion about nutrition and weightlifting.

Rambizzle
Posts: 1354
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 1
Clans: high.p, 3h, h8, LP^, jetty

Re: #dodrevival

Post by Rambizzle » May 2014

do you even lift. srs

sevEN
Posts: 1137
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Re: #dodrevival

Post by sevEN » May 2014

tony, as much as it hurts me to admit that i actually read a lot of this wall of text, did you try to take credit for not only killing dod, but keeping/bringing it alive again? what the hell are you besides a cal-o forum troll?

i don't mean to divert the attention from supporting dod growth, but you are just straight delusional. just accept the fact that you were very late to the party. it's now 430am, all of the cool kids have gone home, there is no more alcohol or available girls, and the remaining party goers are wasted as fuck and don't give a shit about anything anymore. that's the reality of it.

Rambizzle
Posts: 1354
Joined: January 2011
Reputation: 1
Clans: high.p, 3h, h8, LP^, jetty

Re: #dodrevival

Post by Rambizzle » May 2014

sevEN wrote:tony, as much as it hurts me to admit that i actually read a lot of this wall of text, did you try to take credit for not only killing dod, but keeping/bringing it alive again? what the hell are you besides a cal-o forum troll?

i don't mean to divert the attention from supporting dod growth, but you are just straight delusional. just accept the fact that you were very late to the party. it's now 430am, all of the cool kids have gone home, there is no more alcohol or available girls, and the remaining party goers are wasted as fuck and don't give a shit about anything anymore. that's the reality of it.


repped.

User avatar
tenks
Posts: 1033
Joined: April 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: baffleck[dd]

Re: #dodrevival

Post by tenks » May 2014

Rambizzle wrote:repped.


Image

sevEN
Posts: 1137
Joined: March 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: THUNDER

Re: #dodrevival

Post by sevEN » May 2014

tenks wrote:
Rambizzle wrote:repped.


Image


i don't get it

User avatar
ward
Posts: 746
Joined: June 2011
Reputation: 0
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol
Contact:

Re: #dodrevival

Post by ward » May 2014

sevEN wrote:tony, as much as it hurts me to admit that i actually read a lot of this wall of text, did you try to take credit for not only killing dod, but keeping/bringing it alive again? what the hell are you besides a cal-o forum troll?

i don't mean to divert the attention from supporting dod growth, but you are just straight delusional. just accept the fact that you were very late to the party. it's now 430am, all of the cool kids have gone home, there is no more alcohol or available girls, and the remaining party goers are wasted as fuck and don't give a shit about anything anymore. that's the reality of it.


Image

devin-
Posts: 242
Joined: September 2013
Reputation: 0
Clans: Illuminati, 文, nerdvirg, {PC}, sunnyville, gskill

Re: #dodrevival

Post by devin- » May 2014

This game is whimpering and on its knees. It needs to be put down.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest