Day of Defeat: GO

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: darkrabbi, squatta, mogers, gloin, scorch-

devin-
Clans: Illuminati, 文, nerdvirg, {PC}, sunnyville, gskill

Re: Day of Defeat: GO

Post by devin- » February 2015

What about helmet insignia's you can buy. Or different colored wood stocks for guns.

Cage
Clans: FurY, ( s )ttR. sQ , toggles, [38th], vVv

Post by Cage » February 2015

wAsTe wrote:
MMORPGs like Rift have a class queue system, if someone queued as a tank but they were undergeared or too low of a level and died frequently you could just vote kick them, and then re-queue for someone else. Of course this is a group of 5 people going up against NPCs so it's easy to pause and wait.

but look at CEVO pugs for CS:GO. Sometimes you have people who are silvers joining pugs with people who are at a much higher skill level, they can vote kick and .pause and find someone new, or play a man down.

If you don't want to go to a vote kick system (say they are partied with someone or two people). THey can have a vote class change like you said, where if say 3 of the 5 other players (in cs:go a vote kick is unanimous, but for a vote class change a simple majority works). Once the bad sniper or rifler dies, they are forced to pick a different class.

OR
each class has a different rank. So maybe I'm a Master Sargent as a rifler, but only a Corporal as a sniper. So if I want to go into a ranked match making as a sniper, I would queue with Corporals. If i queue as a rifler, I queue with master sargents.

also, there can be unranked and ranked matchmaking (this is something the cs:go community has been dying for, that way they're not put up against accounts with 2 hours on it that are smurfing or cheating). Anyone can queue up as anything in unranked. However, to queue as a sniper or something in ranked, you have to have proven some kind of efficiency in that class as unranked. Like for sniper have a certain amount of accuracy over 400 kills or something along those lines.

That sounds like something that could work.

paintball_
Clans: versatile !, 1B, illuminati , dicE[: :] , `.=.

Post by paintball_ » February 2015

Make a match making system where you choose your Primary class(favorite weapon), and you choose your Secondary class. (2nd favorite weapon) to reduce que times... in this imaginary game we thought of that will never be made.

Cage
Clans: FurY, ( s )ttR. sQ , toggles, [38th], vVv

Post by Cage » February 2015

Don't worry, they will get right on making a new dod after they release half life 3

devin-
Clans: Illuminati, 文, nerdvirg, {PC}, sunnyville, gskill

Post by devin- » February 2015

I don't think Valve will ever recognize the competitive side of Day of Defeat. I doubt if they even make a new Day of Defeat there would be matchmaking.

lowcarb
Clans: ghadGaming

Post by lowcarb » February 2015

This is dumb. Bye.

mogers
Clans: rltw, 3h, rwb, ubad, GREASY DORKS, LcM, dgf, le.

Post by mogers » February 2015

I hope this is goodbye forever Brett

KTz
Clans: EG, RBC, RLTW, NS, Pandemic

Post by KTz » July 2015

wAsTe wrote:DoD: European Offensive

cs:go nade physics/graphics
dod 3.1 weapon physics (i just want the mg to be viable again)
ak-47 recoil for STG/BAR
1.3 game play
either make maps larger for 7v7 game play with usage of machine guns, or smaller for 5v5 keeping with CS:go mind set of "left/right/middle" so 2 rifles, 2 heavies, 1 sniper.
15 second smoke grenades
rifles do 85dmg to legs but cause bleeding, so let's get the bandage back
The MG was effective in 1.3, there just were not any skilled practitioners. We gave people nightmares with TM on the MG back in the eG days. 3.1 was better. Just the ability to shoot through walls easier was much more fun.

Beas
Clans: Highball, TEC, pandemic, 63rd, 85th, nG, mvpz, k^3

Post by Beas » July 2015

Day of Defeat: KTP

Johndkc
Clans: dgf

Post by Johndkc » August 2015

One question, why is a medic carrying a weapon in the picture?

Carry on.

36mseeking13f

Post by 36mseeking13f » September 2015

I think we should make the guns all shoot in cones with 0 weight in the center so they're all basically random. ~no one fucking ever. fuck you source.