Beef or Whey

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: darkrabbi, squatta, mogers, gloin, scorch-

Jstampz
Clans: {GSR}, soul!, -=WR=-, sb', tbh, LIGHTNING, -_-, Rob and the Heartbreakers, honorary member of dpk.

Beef or Whey

Post by Jstampz » February 2016

To all you lifters out there...

I've always been a big Whey protein fan. After searching for awhile a few years back I stumbled upon the brand Optimum Nutrition and haven't tried many proteins since. As time has gone on I've realized how wasteful expensive proteins/weight gainers can be. So I've stuck to ON Hydro-Builder due to the creatine content. Every now and then I'll grab a bag of ON Pro-Gainer. Mixes well, taste great, and supplies quality carbs after a workout. I mix a protein with two raw eggs, and a scoop of Carbo Gain immediately after a workout.

Now, on to the real question. I've heard some great things about Beef Protein. Quality amino acid profile/absorbs faster/better digestion. Has anyone tried it?

If any of you all are looking for a really great BCAA drink, go buy Rich Piana's All Day You May. Grab a gallon jug, put 2-4 scoops of the powder, some fast digestion carbs, some creatine, and you've got your drink throughout the day. It has digestive enzymes that have really helped lately with the surplus of food and carbs I try and get. It also really improves your workout- allows your muscles to feed on the BCAAs throughout the day. And the shit tastes fucking great.

devin-
Clans: Illuminati, 文, nerdvirg, {PC}, sunnyville, gskill

Re: Beef or Whey

Post by devin- » February 2016

dbol and tuna

stile
Clans: dpk

Post by stile » February 2016

Will it really matter in the long run? Keep lifting and keep eating.

Beas
Clans: Highball, TEC, pandemic, 63rd, 85th, nG, mvpz, k^3

Post by Beas » February 2016

when it comes to supplements. Keep things simple and as affordable as you can and focus on spending that money on real food sources. (fresh veggies, fruit, chicken/fish/beef etc) You should only be having 1-2 shakes a day if you have them every day. You will not notice any difference in those two powdered protein sources. The only protein I buy is optimum nutrition gold standard or natural whey and I always have a scoop or two after my workout and sometimes i'll have one first thing in the morning.

This is the beef protein i tried years ago when it first came out

http://musclemedsrx.com/carnivor

it was ok, nothing special

My supplement list is usually something like this.

Probiotic, Fish oil, garlic tablets(good quality ones for the benefits of garlic. No garlic breath after either), preworkout, whey protein....and thats about it

FLuXXuHH
Clans: ReVamped |3h|LcM AntiVirus -_- h8 iLLicit DaNiNjA dying-breed DESPiSE.LAN

Post by FLuXXuHH » February 2016

devin according to ur pic u know nothing about lifting or being a G. Cottage cheese bro its the silent beast

Jstampz
Clans: {GSR}, soul!, -=WR=-, sb', tbh, LIGHTNING, -_-, Rob and the Heartbreakers, honorary member of dpk.

Beas wrote:when it comes to supplements. Keep things simple and as affordable as you can and focus on spending that money on real food sources. (fresh veggies, fruit, chicken/fish/beef etc) You should only be having 1-2 shakes a day if you have them every day. You will not notice any difference in those two powdered protein sources. The only protein I buy is optimum nutrition gold standard or natural whey and I always have a scoop or two after my workout and sometimes i'll have one first thing in the morning.

Probiotic, Fish oil, garlic tablets(good quality ones for the benefits of garlic. No garlic breath after either), preworkout, whey protein....and thats about it

I've used Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey for the past two years. I use to waste a ridiculous amount of money attempting to find the best possible protein. I realized as you said, real food is the most important. I grabbed a bag of Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer because it taste pretty damn good and has 60 grams of protein per serving.

My supplement list:

Optimum Nutrition Fish Oil, Rich Pianas's 5% "All Day You May" BCAAs, Carbo Gain, Beast Creature Creatine, and Whey Protein. Every now and then I'll add a pre-workout/ Cellucor Alpha Aminos.

I've gotten into the habit of eating 7-8 egg whites with oatmeal each morning, then 2-3 hours later drinking a shake. I'm still attempting to bulk, so I'm upping my carbs and proteins.

Beas

Jstampz wrote:
Beas wrote:when it comes to supplements. Keep things simple and as affordable as you can and focus on spending that money on real food sources. (fresh veggies, fruit, chicken/fish/beef etc) You should only be having 1-2 shakes a day if you have them every day. You will not notice any difference in those two powdered protein sources. The only protein I buy is optimum nutrition gold standard or natural whey and I always have a scoop or two after my workout and sometimes i'll have one first thing in the morning.

I've used Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey for the past two years. I use to waste a ridiculous amount of money attempting to find the best possible protein. I realized as you said, real food is the most important. I grabbed a bag of Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer because it taste pretty damn good and has 60 grams of protein per serving.

My supplement list:

Optimum Nutrition Fish Oil, Rich Pianas's 5% "All Day You May" BCAAs, Carbo Gain, Beast Creature Creatine, and Whey Protein. Every now and then I'll add a pre-workout/ Cellucor Alpha Aminos.

I've gotten into the habit of eating 7-8 egg whites with oatmeal each morning, then 2-3 hours later drinking a shake. I'm still attempting to bulk, so I'm upping my carbs and proteins.

yeah pro gainer will work great as well. I have used it before. I've tested different BCAAs to sip on throughout the day and for me as long as I was getting my meals every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, I didn't really need to sip on bcaa supplements. For road trips it is a great supplement if you are going to be driving a good distance and wont be able to get a meal in.

I'm guessing you are trying to do as clean of a bulk as possible?

What do your meals for bulking consist of? how many carbs and grams of protein daily? are you a hard gainer?

FLuXXuHH
Clans: ReVamped |3h|LcM AntiVirus -_- h8 iLLicit DaNiNjA dying-breed DESPiSE.LAN

Post by FLuXXuHH » February 2016

9 baseball sized meals a day get with it

nhoj

Post by nhoj » February 2016

Jstampz wrote: I've gotten into the habit of eating 7-8 egg whites with oatmeal each morning, then 2-3 hours later drinking a shake. I'm still attempting to bulk, so I'm upping my carbs and proteins.
Don't forget the yolk. There's no reason to skip out on them as they provide a wide range of nutrients, so long as they fit your macros(if you care about that). Try to eat a minimum of 1-2 yolk(s) if you're having 7-8 egg whites every morning, it's not like it will hurt you.
The extra calories shouldn't be a big problem if you're on a bulk.

Jstampz

Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:

My supplement list:

yeah pro gainer will work great as well. I have used it before. I've tested different BCAAs to sip on throughout the day and for me as long as I was getting my meals every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, I didn't really need to sip on bcaa supplements. For road trips it is a great supplement if you are going to be driving a good distance and wont be able to get a meal in.

What do your meals for bulking consist of? how many carbs and grams of protein daily? are you a hard gainer?

I have 3% body fat and a metabolism that's ridiculously fast. It's hard to gain weight, so I constantly mix up workouts/workout routines and try and get anywhere from 5-8 meals a day.

Daily goals are usually somewhere around 200 grams of protein, and anywhere from 200-500 grams of carbs. Or as much as possible. I get busy with work and school so drinking the BCAAs helps a ton. I always make sure to eat right before bed too.

I've been doing some feeder workouts the past two nights, I'm going to see if it works. Rich Piana followers swear by it.

I was recently given a vial of Sustanon 250, but I'm not going to steer into the unnatural path until I hit some sort of plateau.

sevEN
Clans: THUNDER

Post by sevEN » February 2016

you don't have 3% body fat.

nhoj

Post by nhoj » February 2016

If you're not lying and actually have 3% body fat. You're closer to be a corpse than a healthy 19-21 year old.

Jstampz

Well alright, I've been tested numerous times and have stayed consistent with 3% body fat since I was tested in August. I have gained weight since, so hopefully it's higher than that.

I always thought my percentage would be around 10-15. But numbers don't lie.

During my junior wrestling season, I was tested and I sat around 9%, but ever since the summer after that season, as far as I know, I've been at 3%. Now, I could be totally wrong and not given an accurate tests, but regardless it's low. Whatever it is, it's lower than I want it to be

Beas

Jstampz wrote:
Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:

My supplement list:

I have 3% body fat and a metabolism that's ridiculously fast. It's hard to gain weight, so I constantly mix up workouts/workout routines and try and get anywhere from 5-8 meals a day.

Daily goals are usually somewhere around 200 grams of protein, and anywhere from 200-500 grams of carbs. Or as much as possible. I get busy with work and school so drinking the BCAAs helps a ton. I always make sure to eat right before bed too.

I've been doing some feeder workouts the past two nights, I'm going to see if it works. Rich Piana followers swear by it.

I was recently given a vial of Sustanon 250, but I'm not going to steer into the unnatural path until I hit some sort of plateau.
My First immediate question is directed towards the sus 250...

How old are you and how long have you consistently been training? And what is your goal you are working towards? Just trying to bulk up and stay in shape, and enjoy working out? Or are you trying to do a show/competition in the future?

like the others said 3% doesn't seem accurate because of the health factors that would cause, but either way it sounds like you are one of those that naturally has that dry low body fat look and can eat anything in sight. What are your protein sources and what are your carb sources? What do your meals typically consist of? **** What will you eat today for example? ****

yeah ive done my own version of 'feeder workouts' for years to go alongside my core workout regiment. What does your workout plan for a week look like?

Jstampz

Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:
Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:

My supplement list:

How old are you and how long have you consistently been training? And what is your goal you are working towards? Just trying to bulk up and stay in shape, and enjoy working out? Or are you trying to do a show/competition in the future?

like the others said 3% doesn't seem accurate because of the health factors that would cause, but either way it sounds like you are one of those that naturally has that dry low body fat look and can eat anything in sight. What are your protein sources and what are your carb sources? What do your meals typically consist of? **** What will you eat today for example? ****

yeah ive done my own version of 'feeder workouts' for years to go alongside my core workout regiment. What does your workout plan for a week look like?

I'd like to compete eventually. I know I'm far off where I need to be. Haven't used the sust yet, but eventually I'll add it. I'm looking to bulk because cutting is the easy part for me.

My meals go:
Wake up: 7-8 egg whites with a cup and a half or so of oatmeal.
About an hour later: chicken breast with white rice and a cracked egg over top
Two hours later: some other protein source with a carb and vegetable
Hour and half later: carbs carb carb
Gym time
Immediately after workout: Shake
After workout: protein source and carbs
Right before bed: whatever, as long as it has carbs

Throughout the day I drink BCAAs with a full scoop of Carbo gain and creatine mixed in. Every now and then I'll add a scoop and a half of Carbo gain.

My post workout shake has 140 total carbs and 60 grams of protein.

My carbs sources are usually just oatmeal, rice, and/or pasta

Usually I'll have class or school which pushes some of these times back. They aren't the most accurate but I try to get 6-7 meals in a day.

I've been consistently training for about two years. Before that, hit bullshit high school football workouts that didn't account for anything but strength.

`NG
Clans: {GSR}. Soul. rE. sG!. [][]SQ[][]

Post by `NG » February 2016

You're going to have to buy custom shirts soon, hulk.

Jstampz

`NG wrote:You're going to have to buy custom shirts soon, hulk.

The whole "no neck thing" is slowly occurring.

ao_

Post by ao_ » February 2016

You are just another vicitim of successful marketing on behalf of the supplement companies. Instead of beef protein, try eating actual beef post workout, your anabolic window lasts much longer than the standard fifteen mintues that is engrained into your head by the protein shake companies. Also, being relatively young, you don't need all of those supplements... Your body is producing enough testosterone to make significant muscular gains. I put on about twenty pounds and shot up in weights by following the right routine while taking no supplements. Just look at everything as a science experiment with your body. And as Flux said, just eat baseball player sized meals... If you say you can cut weight easily and are young, I would be filling my face like a fat hog. I would kill for the same metabolism I had when I was 21.

Jstampz

ao_ wrote:You are just another vicitim of successful marketing on behalf of the supplement companies. Instead of beef protein, try eating actual beef post workout, your anabolic window lasts much longer than the standard fifteen mintues that is engrained into your head by the protein shake companies. Also, being relatively young, you don't need all of those supplements... Your body is producing enough testosterone to make significant muscular gains. I put on about twenty pounds and shot up in weights by following the right routine while taking no supplements. Just look at everything as a science experiment with your body. And as Flux said, just eat baseball player sized meals... If you say you can cut weight easily and are young, I would be filling my face like a fat hog. I would kill for the same metabolism I had when I was 21.
Well I always eat a meal right after my workout. It's just easier to add a shake because it's convenient. Shakes give me the ability to add a surplus of carbs that I wouldn't be able to get entirely from one meal. I'm a firm believe in getting a carb/protein in your system RIGHT after a workout.

Beas

Jstampz wrote:
Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:
Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:

My supplement list:

I'd like to compete eventually. I know I'm far off where I need to be. Haven't used the sust yet, but eventually I'll add it. I'm looking to bulk because cutting is the easy part for me.

My meals go:
Gym time

Throughout the day I drink BCAAs with a full scoop of Carbo gain and creatine mixed in. Every now and then I'll add a scoop and a half of Carbo gain.

Usually I'll have class or school which pushes some of these times back. They aren't the most accurate but I try to get 6-7 meals in a day.

I've been consistently training for about two years. Before that, hit bullshit high school football workouts that didn't account for anything but strength.
no fish? I love eating fish. haha

Meals look good enough. Brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and sweet potatoes should be your best friends with meals.

2 years of consistently training is a good start, but stay away from the sus 250 in my opinion. If you are going to use it down the road, I would get a few more years of consistent training and eating. When/if you decide to cycle the sus, just make sure you do your research before and know what you're doing. If you know someone that truly knows his shit, then ask him lots of questions.

Jstampz

Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:
Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:
Beas wrote:
Jstampz wrote:

My supplement list:

My meals go:
Gym time

no fish? I love eating fish. haha

Meals look good enough. Brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and sweet potatoes should be your best friends with meals.

2 years of consistently training is a good start, but stay away from the sus 250 in my opinion. If you are going to use it down the road, I would get a few more years of consistent training and eating. When/if you decide to cycle the sus, just make sure you do your research before and know what you're doing. If you know someone that truly knows his shit, then ask him lots of questions.
Thanks man. I need to add some fish. I use to eat it on a weekly basis.

I've got a guy who's real knowledgable about the cycle. Sustanon 250, D-Bol, and clomed for the first cycle. But I'll take the advice and continue to wait a few years before trying it.

sevEN

body builders that show up to a competition in their best condition rarely hit 3%, even when they are literally on stage and have timed their diet the previous 12-24 hours perfectly. and even if they are able to get that lean, they can only maintain that for a period of hours. there is absolutely 100% no way you have maintained anywhere close to 3% for any period of time. i highly doubt you have ever sniffed 3% at any given point in your training. People really don't realize that even as you enter the 7-8% range, you look incredibly lean and it might shock you how lean someone looks only to learn that they are around 6-7% for example.

I don't say this to be a dick, and it seems like you are doing everything properly and taking your training and diet seriously. But think about this... if a body builder very rarely reaches 3% while CUTTING for a contest, how can you MAINTAIN a 3% body fat for over 6 months while taking in massive amounts of carbs and weight gainer shakes? The body fat percentage test you are being given is horribly inaccurate.

sevEN

ao_ wrote:You are just another vicitim of successful marketing on behalf of the supplement companies. Instead of beef protein, try eating actual beef post workout, your anabolic window lasts much longer than the standard fifteen mintues that is engrained into your head by the protein shake companies. Also, being relatively young, you don't need all of those supplements... Your body is producing enough testosterone to make significant muscular gains. I put on about twenty pounds and shot up in weights by following the right routine while taking no supplements. Just look at everything as a science experiment with your body. And as Flux said, just eat baseball player sized meals... If you say you can cut weight easily and are young, I would be filling my face like a fat hog. I would kill for the same metabolism I had when I was 21.
Also, this.

I still keep a bottle of whey around just in those very desperate situations that i just NEED calories on the go, like if i am late for work in the morning and i know i won't have a break for another 4 hours to eat my first meal... but i don't remember the last time i took a shake after a workout. i lift, drive to the store, buy ground beef and sweet potato, go home, cook, and then eat. and as ao said, that anabolic window is a LOT wider than you are made to believe, mostly in order to push you to buy whey and chug it down before you get home from the gym in fear of losing all of your gains.

Jstampz

I much rather drink a shake within 5 minutes of my workout, then eat within 45-60 minutes.

kirk
Clans: feat6, aids, x[m], ptm, snowmen, NoGo, GI, 50cal, moNster, te amo, gameslaves, winnfield, koala, iwa

Post by kirk » February 2016

ao and Joey are dropping knowledge on you and you're being an idiot. I would consider less talking and more taking notes from them.

You would basically die at 3% body fat. It's not physiologically possible or at very least not remotely sustainable, so whoever tested you just stole your money. Go ahead and work on litigation to get your moneyz back.

Getting carbs/protein RIGHT after a workout gives you zero edge over waiting a few hours and then eating unless you are literally depleting glycogen stores and then some aka doing loads of cardio. If we're talking about lifting here, it really doesn't matter at all. You can continue to "believe" it all you like but it's really not adding anything.

Just eat and lift. Unless you're trying to compete you really don't need to do more than that. Simply be mindful of the calories you are eating and adjust based on cutting/gaining goals. Forget about meal timing and all that stuff. It's good to be on top of micronutrients, but whole wheat vs. white foods or complex carbs vs. simple carbs doesn't seem to mean anything with regards to body composition unless some medical diagnosis dictates otherwise.

tldr don't be a fucking bro and just eat and lift you piece of shit.