!DO NOT USE SSW IN A SERVER!

Relax, lounge around, and find out who hacks.

Moderators: gloin, scorch-, darkrabbi, squatta, mogers

ze0n
Clans: KliQ

Re: !DO NOT USE THRIDPERSON IN A SERVER!

Post by ze0n » June 2013

CraftyDus wrote:For Science
I'm going to try and reproduce a vac ban on a throwaway acct.
I'm using thirdperson ideal_cam 120-360 ideal_yaw 0

pre-vacban screenshot with date and time

A screenshot of what standing edge of wall edge of map produces in third person

played for maybe 30-40 minutes

will report back if it vacbans

You know vac bans don't happen immediately. People get vac banned months after they performed the offense.

CharlieGiteau
Clans: solidworks, pUr/fp^, gddLam, TeamLess, [38th], NB

Post by CharlieGiteau » June 2013

This thread sure is getting boring.

Crank
Clans: {D.D}, 505th PIR, CallMeMaybe?!, AAC, /= /=, vVv

Post by Crank » June 2013

I've been playing in third person for years. VAC only bans accounts while using third party programs (cheats). Third person is a console command that was built into the game.

mike
Clans: bTw, Legion, FLAWLESS, NastyVAG, MVPZ, angryface

Post by mike » June 2013

You will be waiting a while Crafty.. VAC bans are normally weeks to months apart. Although like everyone in this thread said, I highly doubt they got banned from using an ingame console command. They were cheating at some point.. Just tell them to admit it :)

Theworst
Clans: ~Casual // Critical Mass // Exodus // Gentlemens Club // Midwinter // Duality~

Post by Theworst » June 2013

Friday, June 14, 2013
[dd]ustin: so who got "vac
[dd]ustin: banned
[dd]ustin: breh
DanJhonson: snoops and cage
DanJhonson: they were both fucking around with thrid person earler today
DanJhonson: at about noonish
DanJhonson: then poof the are both vaced

Eco

Post by Eco » June 2013

Thirdperson is a CONSOLE COMMAND, you don't get VAC banned for third person. Ask half the old realism kids who did it 24/7. You get VAC banned for cheating. Can you get banned for watching demo and using some type of cheat?
Last edited by Eco on June 2013, edited 1 time in total.

D-bo

Post by D-bo » June 2013

Cheated blatantly with milo, biggie, dustin young, and shmaltz in 1.6......got vac banned the next morning

milo
Clans: Liverpool Football Club

Post by milo » June 2013

D-bo wrote:Cheated blatantly with milo, biggie, dustin young, and shmaltz in 1.6......got vac banned the next morning

I've never gotten vac'd in my life. Stop trying to ruin my reputation, brah. I did however blatantly speedhacked, aimboted, norecoiled, nospread in a TPG match against Jaggon[dd] and got banned for 32 years. Real nigga wassup.

nunz
Donor
Clans: </3 LIVEVIL 38th LAB sb riseabove

Post by nunz » June 2013

milo wrote:
D-bo wrote:Cheated blatantly with milo, biggie, dustin young, and shmaltz in 1.6......got vac banned the next morning

I've never gotten vac'd in my life. Stop trying to ruin my reputation, brah. I did however blatantly speedhacked, aimboted, norecoiled, nospread in a TPG match against Jaggon[dd] and got banned for 32 years. Real nigga wassup.

if i was ever going to go out id go out like this. too bad it wasnt the finals that shit would be priceless.

Jakimo
Clans: l2r . , Jim's|, FurY, ( s )ttR., sQ, HH, vVv

Post by Jakimo » June 2013

Our system indicates that the account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat system (VAC) for use of cheats or other unauthorized modifications. Steam Support is unable to lift the ban.

First of all, yay its friday.
Second, my vac ban still happened before me, crank or the whole 3rd person bullshit started. Specifically 3 days before the 3rd person trend started. Although I had been experiencing with it earlier, I never made the connection and hadn't touched it for weeks.
Third of all, if anyone was banned for anything else, it was because we were using SSW to watch demos we were disputing.
Its understandable that the public would fear the worst, but I want to stand by one thing.

If this season gets ruined because a group of Ventrilo admins decides to start seriously getting ppl banned by watching dems and disputing, then it pretty much takes all motivation out of keeping this game alive, which is the whole point of this adventure, our adventure and my adventure.

I know that no matter what, we arnt tpg banned, so its not a big deal for next season. So all we are aiming for is to finish this season.
The only way I can try to convince a community such as this that my team, snoops/cage let us finish these playoffs is to prove to u assholes how much I pay in bills for this game. Which I can do. Almost over 800$ in the last couple years. Snoops has been disputed multiple times at his best and I have been banned. For rating, which i did by mistake and told AC right away. Cage I have less info on, but I think hes still human.
If this season ends bad for us, and as a team we dont get to finish the season over these reasons, I will never in my life blame tpg AC for the decision they have to make. But I will say it really helps in killing this game we put so much of our time and money into over the last few months, making a large hub like the one I got going with crafty at the fury ventrilo info.

I know tpg AC has an almost douche bag decision to make and it sucks if you guys decide to make it, but I stand by what I said, and I stand by how much fucking cash I get charged a month on my credit card to keep our cheater-free 12 man hub alive., which seems to be more popular than xmvc these days.. (maybe not for long)

Please take your time in what decisions anyone makes regarding our roster. Specially since I got banned while at work (logged out of my account) (and I know vac bans are usually up to 2 weeks delayed) and snoops and cage playing all day today in 3rd person then getting banned after a short break. If you want to judge, then judge, but if your going to judge anyone, make sure you know your judging the assholes who are trying to keep this game alive more than 90% of ppl in this community.

Any comments from cunts or other assholes will be seen, but forgotten, since most people who are labeled as cunts or assholes either dont seem to know much about anything, or are already tpg banned multiple times.

ward
Clans: elephant shockwave infamy teamlol llama patrol

Post by ward » June 2013

My opinion on the situation:

Anyone who fails to secure their account properly has allowed their account to be taken control of and is therefore responsible for whatever happens to it. Anyone who gets VAC banned is responsible for getting VAC banned. You cannot get VAC banned for using commands built into the HL engine. TPG servers will stay VAC secured. It is not my call on whether to remove you guys from the rosters, but the rosters are locked, and you are VAC banned.

Crono
Clans: Too many to remember

Post by Crono » June 2013

ward wrote:My opinion on the situation:

Anyone who fails to secure their account properly has allowed their account to be taken control of and is therefore responsible for whatever happens to it. Anyone who gets VAC banned is responsible for getting VAC banned. You cannot get VAC banned for using commands built into the HL engine. TPG servers will stay VAC secured. It is not my call on whether to remove you guys from the rosters, but the rosters are locked, and you are VAC banned.

Jakimo

thank you for your opinion. the only account whos security was breached was mine, and my email. the rest is really disturbing. and if all 3 of us end up not being able to finish the season, then treat VVV like Illuminati, but in reverse. Instead of reinstating all 4 players who quit after roster lock, just cancel our team. We will not have enough players to finish the playoffs.
Last edited by Jakimo on June 2013, edited 1 time in total.

ze0n

Post by ze0n » June 2013

Crono wrote:

Jakimo

ze0n wrote:
Crono wrote:

I love u guys from cliq, u brought in a whole new late night gaming aspect to tpg and we play often. Watching your posts is like seeing u guys squeeze a victory out of a team you dont think cheats. Its sort of embarrasing to watch. Sure, we probably wont get to finish the season after all this shit, but did u guys really want a ff?

ze0n

Post by ze0n » June 2013

Jakimo wrote:
ze0n wrote:
Crono wrote:

I love u guys from cliq, u brought in a whole new late night gaming aspect to tpg and we play often. Watching your posts is like seeing u guys squeeze a victory out of a team you dont think cheats. Its sort of embarrasing to watch. Sure, we probably wont get to finish the season after all this shit, but did u guys really want a ff?

Who said that. I am just saying that from being a head AC and AC admin for many years, knowing people who worked with people such as Fodder and made hacks and knowing VAC itself, there is no way your teammates got banned for using the thirdperson. If you guys manned up for the true reasons you were vac banned there would be less problems then there are currently now.

Crono
Clans: Too many to remember

Post by Crono » June 2013

Jakimo wrote:
ze0n wrote:
Crono wrote:

i could care less if we get a ff. I'd rather play especially this week since i'm prob gonna rifle this week anyway! Funny how when i came back to this game with team i made yall were crying cheats on us non stop. Now 3 of you got vac'd funny eh. Regardless i'll be here sunday hopefully you guys have six.

CraftyDus
Clans: [ToKiN] |B.A.M| BIO* |-| |-| )sC( {GSR}

Post by CraftyDus » June 2013

Jakimo wrote:
VAC wrote:Our system indicates that the account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat system (VAC) for use of cheats or other unauthorized modifications.

Some of you are failing to notice the portion of this statement Jakimo received directly from his correspondence with Valve "or other unauthorized modifications".

Pontificating on these details as if you were the recipient of the most recent contact Valve Anti-Cheat has had in this communinity (you are not).

As much as you assert that a vac ban is the automated result of 3rd party executables and never a result of forcing camera-distance through the in-game enviroment....
The fact is that the language Valve is using in Jakimo's ticket indicates otherwise.

ze0n

Post by ze0n » June 2013

CraftyDus wrote:
Jakimo wrote:
VAC wrote:Our system indicates that the account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat system (VAC) for use of cheats or other unauthorized modifications.

Some of you are failing to notice the portion of this statement Jakimo received directly from his correspondence with Valve "or other unauthorized modifications".

Pontificating on these details as if you were the recipient of the most recent contact Valve Anti-Cheat has had in this communinity (you are not).

As much as you assert that a vac ban is the automated result of 3rd party executables and never a result of forcing camera-distance through the in-game enviroment....
The fact is that the language Valve is using in Jakimo's ticket indicates otherwise.

Modifications are changes such as sprites etc not the use of an INGAME COMMAND that was placed into the game.

CraftyDus
Clans: [ToKiN] |B.A.M| BIO* |-| |-| )sC( {GSR}

Post by CraftyDus » June 2013

ze0n wrote:
CraftyDus wrote:
Jakimo wrote:

Modifications are changes such as sprites etc not the use of an INGAME COMMAND that was placed into the game.

Again, you seem to think your simple assertions mean anything at all, in lieu of actual valve statements.
And furthermore, that you presume to be the conduit to clarify them for any of us is sufficiently ridiculous.

Now you are saying changes such as sprites are more likely to cause an automated valve anti-cheat ban than console commands.

And you are doing it with random caps in your statement.

I'm beginning to suspect you are an idiot.

ze0n

Post by ze0n » June 2013

CraftyDus wrote:
ze0n wrote:
CraftyDus wrote:
Jakimo wrote:

Again, you seem to think your simple assertions mean anything at all, in lieu of actual valve statements.
And furthermore, that you presume to be the conduit to clarify them for any of us is sufficiently ridiculous.

Now you are saying changes such as sprites are more likely to cause an automated valve anti-cheat ban than console commands.

And you are doing it with random caps in your statement.

I'm beginning to suspect you are an idiot.

I assume that took you a while to be so proper? Pinkies up I presume? Trying to act like an attorney for them is kind of funny and pretty idiotic at the same time.

scorch-
Clans: #[e]xceptional.dod ~ #check-six ~ #jetty ~ dodod

Post by scorch- » June 2013

This was disabled a long time ago... I used to pub in 3rd person back in like 3.1 for fun. It's basically wallhacking once you get used to it and is definitely cheating. Are you able to do this on VAC servers now?

squatta
Admin
Clans: cXt, blacksheep, 45th, a0tp, 63rd, devil^, em0, ubad, sssx, mvpz, Greasy Dorks.

Post by squatta » June 2013

Crank
Clans: {D.D}, 505th PIR, CallMeMaybe?!, AAC, /= /=, vVv

Post by Crank » June 2013

scorch- wrote:This was disabled a long time ago... I used to pub in 3rd person back in like 3.1 for fun. It's basically wallhacking once you get used to it and is definitely cheating. Are you able to do this on VAC servers now?

You can still use it. Some servers who have the block exploits mod won't allow third person.

SKiNnTo
Clans: LAB, Shock&Awe,[sAs]

Post by SKiNnTo » June 2013

ze0n wrote:Again the commands you listed WOULD NOT get you vac banned. The games themselves would not have commands which would ban you because you decided to use one. Those commands only become valid once sv_cheats 1 is on or in servers that do not have a white/black list or Pure(Hl2 games). To say that those commands got you vac banned is a lie. There is something else that did this WHILE PLAYING IN A VAC SECURE SERVER ONLINE and not something offline. Vac typically tends to ban by recognizing files that inject themselves into the game hence why hacks etc have loaders or injectors that place it (or modify files/commands perpetually) into the game (usually ran before the game opens) and then once the game is closed it "ejects" itself.

tl;dr: Third person didn't get you guys banned. Nice try <3

Personal Experience!